Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,059,033 Views | 224355 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another big day for retailers like GPS/MIK/JWN/DLTH? Some of those are looking to open with nice gaps.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
jj9000
AG
GDP close to ~5%

Market pops 1%

We're truly living in bizarro world.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

If movie theaters start going away which companies stand to gain? Samsung Lenovo (chinese), Toshiba?
ROKU, because the studios will release their movies on their own channels, like the Disney+ model. ROKU will be the way to view all their separate streaming channels
McInnis 03
AG
Shiner Bock said:

GILD positive outcome in US on remdesivir (NIH trial, double blind, placebo controlled). DOW, S&P moonie

****ING CALLED IT!! Remdis works. **** you WHO
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
WestTexAg12
AG
NFLX and ROKU dropped like a rock while everything went up.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
texagbeliever
That isnt that bizarre. Stop thinking in a non crisis reality and think in the crisis reality we were in. It is all about market expextectations. When the crash in March happened what do you think the expected GDP hit was? That is the reference you need to be thinking from.
Shiner Bock
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

positive covid news drops NFLX and ROKU because faster return to normalcy, therefore less tv time
ProgN
WestTexAg12 said:

The market is figuring that if treatments allow a more rapid and sustainable reopening of the US that means a decrease in viewers.

Not worried, that AMC news is a big long term positive for ROKU.
texagbeliever
CADE is taking a beating after earnings announcement. I think it might be another chance to buy back in.
Touchless
AG
OverSeas AG said:

IrishTxAggie said:

AMC is 40% owned by Wanda Group. It's a Chinese Property developer focused on Cinemas. Comcast is Verizon

Ok. I didn't think that was Comcast. Thanks. And yes it makes sense that a REIT would take interest in a theater chain. But no go on the Chinese.

Note: I have spent a lot of time in China. Have known a long time that they were **** (the CCP). Have some funny stories from my times in China. I am 6'7". They always want to know if I am taller than Yao. I say no and they smile like they just won a victory. Crazy but interesting place.

Username checks out
Aggie09Derek
AG
More profit taking for me today.

I threw a lot of capital into the market about a week before it bottomed out. Took a beating that week but has since paid off very well.
claym711
AG
texagbeliever said:

That isnt that bizarre. Stop thinking in a non crisis reality and think in the crisis reality we were in. It is all about market expextectations. When the crash in March happened what do you think the expected GDP hit was? That is the reference you need to be thinking from.

Right now you can close eyes and buy futures ahead of any negative economic news....now, why is that? Is it because Joe Blow Trader is sitting there reacting in 10 milliseconds to a GDP number that is terrible but not catrastrophic? No.

Its not about expectations, fundamentals, valuations, technicals, or anything else "normal". Its an unprecedented liquidity pump and wall street bailout allowing reactivation of the 80% of daily volume that comes from extreme levered algos. The Fed already reset the debt bubble until the next crisis.

jj9000
AG
Sorry, man. In any reality, when GDP hits -5%, P/E looks to be highest in history (higher than than dot com bubble), unemployment highest since Great Depression, and the Market STILL pops, it's bizarro world. Unless, of course, everyone thinks we'll flip a light switch, and the world will be sunshine and roses Q4 19.
texagbeliever
jj9000 said:

Sorry, man. In any reality, when GDP hits -5%, P/E looks to be highest in history (higher than than dot com bubble), unemployment highest since Great Depression, and the Market STILL pops, it's bizarro world. Unless, of course, everyone thinks we'll flip a light switch, and the world will be sunshine and roses Q4 19.

Tell me what the expected GDP is for DJIA at 20k, 25k and 30k. Until you realize the drop in GDP was already factored into the market you are going to be pulling your hair out as to why the market isnt moving appropriately.
Mister Cooper
AG
Netflix for one, then some of the bigger TV networks.
Rice and Fries
Carlo4
AG
So we are in for a repeat of yesterday's opening. Let's see if the 2890 area can hold as support instead of resistance... or will we even go back to test it today?

Carlo4
AG
texagbeliever said:

jj9000 said:

Tell me what the expected GDP is for DJIA at 20k, 25k and 30k. Until you realize the drop in GDP was already factored into the market you are going to be pulling your hair out as to why the market isnt moving appropriately.
Hard for my mind to understand the market has already priced in a potential -40% GDP drop for next quarter. Literally makes zero sense to me at all. Learning everyday here. Love the back and forth.
jj9000
AG
texagbeliever said:

jj9000 said:

We're sitting at June, 2019 S&P values. The drop in GDP doesn't mean sh+t to this market. You drop all of the above negative levers into June, 2019 market and it 100% would NOT stay constant. That's the point. Why? Because it's completely bogus, and propped up.
Harkrider 93
AG
market bottoms 3-6 mos before the economy
Cartographer
Bogus or not, the charts are what they are and the money moves how it moves.

As people maybe we worry. As traders we go to the bank.

Happy hunting.
gig em 02
jj9000 said:

texagbeliever said:

jj9000 said:

We're sitting at June, 2019 S&P values. The drop in GDP doesn't mean sh+t to this market. You drop all of the above negative levers into June, 2019 market and it 100% would NOT stay constant. That's the point. Why? Because it's completely bogus, and propped up.

Yea the idea that a $6T injection of cash doesn't move the market is crazy. 20% unemployment, missed mortgage payments, credit card payments, all of those were factored in but also not factored because they magically didn't happen.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
AggieKeith15
AG
The stocks are so jacked. Yesterday when the SPY was about to drop LUV would climb a whole percentage point at times because everyone was shorting on it. Hilarious to say the least. Eventually I started buying before the anticipated drops then selling nearly half a percent up. Crazy.
Betoisafurry
OverSeas AG said:

Got declared a PDT today by Fidelity. Surprised it took this long!
Ha, me too.
McInnis 03
AG
In about 5 minutes I have some decisions to make.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Barty Dont Hedge
McInnis 03 said:

Do the opposite of what you think is the right move. That it my strategy.
jsap
What did you do to be declared? I want to make sure I can avoid it.
McInnis 03
AG
Barty said:

McInnis 03 said:

Do the opposite of what you think is the right move. That it my strategy.
This will fix many of my problems!

B&I Key:
ProgN
jsap said:

What did you do to be declared? I want to make sure I can avoid it.
Just don't do more than 3 day trades in a 7 day rolling period.
Carlo4
AG
RUBI is...

oldarmy1
AG
Big buy on DIS
Shundere
OA, still getting out of FB if it hits 195 today? Or do you think their earnings could follow Google?
oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

OA, still getting out of FB if it hits 195 today? Or do you think their earnings could follow Google?
Getting out of all but 5%
First Page Last Page
Page 1415 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.