Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,142 Views | 224572 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by texagbeliever
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quite the flush to finish.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
thirdcoast
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: All retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters and malls can reopen May 1 -- but at no more than 25% of occupancy. In Phase 2 (May 18), 50% occupancy. This supersedes all city-county restrictions.

I heard that and wondered what that looks like.
Spaced lines outside with 1 in 1 out? Or do we think there is enough folks still scared to go out, making the supply demand scenario more manageable.
khaos288
AG
1 in 1 out will probably be it. Lots of grocery stores successfully adopted that, and won't be hard to implement.
Jack Bristow
AG
thirdcoast said:

oldarmy1 said:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: All retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters and malls can reopen May 1 -- but at no more than 25% of occupancy. In Phase 2 (May 18), 50% occupancy. This supersedes all city-county restrictions.

I heard that and wondered what that looks like.
Spaced lines outside with 1 in 1 out? Or do we think there is enough folks still scared to go out, making the supply demand scenario more manageable.
Target in Dallas (City Place) this Saturday had a line at the door and counting people in and out....mandatory face-masks (about 1/2 of them were being worn incorrectly - but hey)
texagbeliever
First of all Thank You to the experience vets who have posted and helped get me (and other newbies) off the ground on trading. I have learned alot and have more to learn! If any of yall are in houston first couple rounds are on me.

I enjoy seeing suggestions, doing some research and maybe buying in if it seems logical. ERI and CADE are 2 I would have never had on my radar. I sold a third of ERI at 20.75 today.
Carlo4
AG
Rice and Fries said:

aunuwyn08 said:

So, we seeing a bear capitulation today?
I think its markets adjusting to states reopening.
Bear capitulation equals bull trap full steam ahead.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

First of all Thank You to the experience vets who have posted and helped get me (and other newbies) off the ground on trading. I have learned alot and have more to learn! If any of yall are in houston first couple rounds are on me.

I enjoy seeing suggestions, doing some research and maybe buying in if it seems logical. ERI and CADE are 2 I would have never had on my radar. I sold a third of ERI at 20.75 today.
Username checks out.
khaos288
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AgEng06 said:

Thoughts on restaurant stocks, now that they can start allowing 25% back in on May 1st? DRI?
blmn sure went on a tear today, believe I'm up 30% since I bought 2 (?) weeks ago

cade looking good too, got net free on my 5/15 7.50 calls today

pyx and most of the weed stonks were rocking today as well, but I think it is related to a french study showing potential for nicotine in treating covid. I took a lot off the table (at a big loss) and picked up some luv. If they dip after earnings I'll double up. Have always liked southwest

tlgt ran today, not sure why...cvet and prty too? maybe this is one of those bear market rips? Or just return of market confidence. Sure wish oil would go up
Texaggie7nine
Dammit, I knew I should have bought into Office Depot when I mentioned it a few days ago.

Guess if I did it wouldn't have jumped.
7nine
thirdcoast
AG
I think most agree that the V correction we are seeing thus far is mostly due to gov injected liquidity. Now Fed is increasing public lending facility access to small local gov munipalities, without expanding original funding.

A) Does a bigger draw on Fed loans and stronger political intervention against wall st in coming weeks, put an end to this rally and focus back on balance sheets?

B) Do we queue the Powell money machine gif indefinitely until we are above 3,500?

C) Did fed already overshoot, and combined with opening of economy, we are back in long term bull market.

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/fed-extends-municipal-liquidity-facility-beyond-largest-cities-203008718.html

Baby Billy
AG
Technical guys: thoughts on COTY for the near term?
ProgN
Trade or LT?
Baby Billy
AG
Prognightmare said:

Trade or LT?
trade
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

I think most agree that the V correction we are seeing thus far is mostly due to gov injected liquidity. Now Fed is increasing public lending facility access to small local gov munipalities, without expanding original funding.

A) Does a bigger draw on Fed loans and stronger political intervention against wall st in coming weeks, put an end to this rally and focus back on balance sheets?

B) Do we queue the Powell money machine gif indefinitely until we are above 3,500?

C) Did fed already overshoot, and combined with opening of economy, we are back in long term bull market.

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/fed-extends-municipal-liquidity-facility-beyond-largest-cities-203008718.html

The fed will leave the spigot on until they see signs of inflation after the covid crisis is over, they've said so. If that's the case, this is a traders market that you pick high quality names on dips and sell rips, repeat. Watch for any MAJOR flare ups with states reopening, that's probably the only thing that will spook the markets. JMO
ProgN
ehrmantraut said:

Prognightmare said:

Trade or LT?
trade
Downgrade today doesn't help but you should be able to get it around $4-4.25.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Exsurge Domine
Those of you guys who use Sam's trading service, how the **** do you understand him?

Everything seems stream of conscience and it's if he's ran it back and forth between google translate 9 time, and then used Borat to talk to text into a tweet. I signed up for 1 month just to see how he worked and my God I have no clue how to decipher his instructions
thirdcoast
AG
LK offices get raided by Chinese regulators at request of SEC.
LK says it is cooperating with authorities and that store operations are normal. Plenty of time to shred and package their fraud into something that can be stomached, or perhaps trading never resumes and May 15 calls expire worthless.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-27/luckin-offices-raided-by-chinese-regulators-as-scandal-widens
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

LK offices get raided by Chinese regulators at request of SEC.
LK says it is cooperating with authorities and that store operations are normal. Plenty of time to shred and package their fraud into something that can be stomached, or perhaps trading never resumes and May 15 calls expire worthless.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-27/luckin-offices-raided-by-chinese-regulators-as-scandal-widens
LK will trade again, not sure if it will be by 5/15 though. Someone will be getting executed in China though.
The Pilot
AG
I've got two stocks in my account halted (not a huge chunk of $$$). $WORX & $LK. BYE BYE MONEY.
ProgN
The Pilot said:

I've got two stocks in my account halted (not a huge chunk of $$$). $WORX & $LK. BYE BYE MONEY.

MAYDAY? MAYDAY?
FattyDelights
The Pilot said:

Any chunk of money always sucks to lose though, it eats into the returns of the good and forces a taquila shot response.
Carlo4
AG

ProgN
Don't have the time to watch it, what's the summary?
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

Don't have the time to watch it, what's the summary?

His advice for trading has been pretty sound. He normally talks trading but went to a more in depth video.

The bulk of the video uses evidence that, even though we are printing trillions, we have the ability to print trillions more without an issue. Amazingly, the rate of printing isn't fast enough to stop the deflationary trends that occurred when the world shut down. All about the strength of the dollar.
ranchag04
AG
ranchag04
AG
ranchag04 said:

Where is Clay? According to him we should be at 1,500. Proof...there are a lot on this board who can lead you in the incorrect direction.
ranchag04
AG
ranchag04
ProgN
ranchag04 said:

ranchag04 said:

Where is Clay? According to him we should be at 1,500. Proof...there are a lot on this board who can lead you in the incorrect direction.

I'm not going to beat up on Clay because his reasons and analysis have merit, his timing might be off. The printing of this money will create a bubble and the service on the debt will become unmanageable. When it pops, the fed won't be able to print that much money or we will become Venezuela. You really want to learn as much as you can right now so you can position yourself when that comes to be. JMO
jj9000
AG
ranchag04 said:

ranchag04 said:

Not sure I'd be spiking the football given the environment we're in.

If you think all of this is over, and we go back to 2019 ATH, well, that's your opinion. I'll strongly disagree with you, but, respect your opinion.

WRT to virus and macro picture, I'm of the opinion that we're still in the 1st quarter of a game against BAMA, where BAMA leads 21-7. Problem is we have 3 Quarters to play, and JFF left years ago.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can we use King instead of Mond?
First Page Last Page
Page 1403 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.