Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,290,051 Views | 225283 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by EliteZags
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cvet running
Exsurge Domine
Really liking CBRL right now.
La Bamba
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

La Bamba said:

SPY reaching 287.30 level, the bounce back rally high on Apr 17. Will be interesting to see if breaks or gets stuffed.
read a couple of folks that think it go to 3000-3007 over the next 2-3 weeks before any pullback.
Def possible. I want to see 287.3 and then 289 break and confirm.
Exsurge Domine
Callaway skyrocket
ProgN

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Pretty good article on my sentiment that the fed won't let stocks fall: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-27/coronavirus-stock-markets-propped-up-by-government-hurt-growth?sref=uN6cur8D
Pignorant
AG
Sold at $131 and bought back at $123.
McInnis 03
AG
$ZM

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
texagbeliever
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Pretty good article on my sentiment that the fed won't let stocks fall: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-27/coronavirus-stock-markets-propped-up-by-government-hurt-growth?sref=uN6cur8D

The question is did the fed prop up a stock above their actual value though. I think NYC covid impact caused too large of a hit to the stock market and that was an over reaction to a localized event.
YNWA_AG
AG
Wonder if they are uncertain
fightintxag13
AG
WTH?? 45 strike???
Ranger222
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$ZM

Lot of talk now about how Zoom is having trouble converting everyone currently using their platform to paying customers.

Also with the security issues and other players entering the space (FB) and increased competition from those already there (MSFT Teams), it kinda makes sense honestly.

RGRAg1/75
AG
Help needed...been struggling with the TD app since switching from RH. I keep getting this error:

What am I doing wrong?
khaos288
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Help needed...been struggling with the TD app since switching from RH. I keep getting this error:

What am I doing wrong?
Are you trying to sell more shares than you have?
AgEng06
AG
See if this helps:

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/howToTos/thinkManual/Trade/Order-Entry-Tools/Order-Rejection-Reasons
RGRAg1/75
AG
Just trying to buy a few AAPL calls. More than enough in funds to do so.
TChaney
khaos288
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Just trying to buy a few AAPL calls. More than enough in funds to do so.
Have you made options purchases before? TDA (and others) make you sign some more forms to enable option trading.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Make sure you have Buy to Open selected
TheBiggerEvent
AG
DIS through 105.25
RGRAg1/75
AG
AgEng06 said:

See if this helps:

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/howToTos/thinkManual/Trade/Order-Entry-Tools/Order-Rejection-Reasons

I think this provides me the answer. Needed to enable Options even though margin trades had already been approved/enabled? Strange setting defaults.
Exsurge Domine
I'm seeing north of 107 as the line of supply for Disney, is there enough upside from where we are at now?
La Bamba
AG
Jeffrey trying to play spoiler.

Grown Pear
AG
Forgive me please for bringing this topic back up again and distracting from trading...

Good faith violations...
I have a Cash account with SETTLED cash holdings of at least ~5x what I'm playing options with. Do I have to worry about buying and subsequently selling options same day/next day (before they actually settle) if I'm buying those contracts with settled cash? I'm just paranoid about getting my account locked 90 days
oldarmy1
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you didn't have another sell opened, or a GTC order you forgot.
leoj
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ah, someone get RUBI off $6.66

Was looking at this stock but do t understand it or the business they are in well?

Is this a short term trade or a long term hold stock?

Long term. Streaming/cloud/connected ad play, opposite side of TTD in the ecosystem. TTD works with ad buyers, Rubi works with the sellers.
Carlo4
AG
I liked the logic of this guy posting. He's looking at the weekly chart of 200, 100, and 50 moving day average for SPX and showing how we did something similar before the crash of 2008. We are a few points below the 100 day average now.

Go below 200 day
Rally past 200 day
Test 100 day and potentially 50 day - failure led to fall 2008 collapse we saw in markets

Not saying we are falling or rising from here; just another bit of evidence of how key this area is right now.

Rice and Fries
Someone opened up large put on $ACC (American Campus Communities).

I am very bearish on them as they have probably had lots of students not return back to campus and pay rent. I think they will have a large down turn.

Anyways, 3400 put contracts for $25 on 5/15/2020 at $0.80. They are now trading around $0.65, so may have some potential.

oldarmy1
AG
If you were in PYPL calls you should have sold remaining today
oldarmy1
AG
Most FANG stocks red
krosch11
AG
I received this error as well. You have to go to their website and make sure they approved you for option purchases. I was approved for covered calls only and had to change it. You will also have to add margin to your account.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Yep. Thx. The poster who provided that link above helped me figure it out. Something you can't configure on the app, unfortunately. Kept me sidelined over a damn week!! Probably for the best lol.
Spaceship
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Most FANG stocks red

Amazon seems very tempting right now.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Insurance hedge SPY May 1 $277 Puts for under $1. We're either going to bust through the $290 level or consolidate cycle again. Odds increasing for breakout on the charts, so this isn't a stand alone trade. It's using an up day approaching resistance for entry of a hedge, that should be a VERY small % of your upside portfolio.
Bought bookend to these April 29th $290 calls $1.05 on the pullback.
oldarmy1
AG
Now good time for AMZN intraday for whoever was thinking
First Page Last Page
Page 1400 of 6437

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.