Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,020,400 Views | 224194 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Chef Elko
gig em 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Google cutting marketing budget by 50% and implementing a hiring freeze, market rips!
Rice and Fries
Anyone see TRIP?

Huge $3.6MM Call purchase on 10,000 1/01/2021 - $21.5 strike for $3.46 per
AgEng06
AG
Anyone looked at DCP Midstream (DCP)? Looks like gas/midstream is moving upwards, maybe due to oil being down. DCP was down as far as $2.20, but has rebounded into the upper $8s, with a gap up and ~27% increase today.
ProgN
gig em 02 said:

Google cutting marketing budget by 50% and implementing a hiring freeze, market rips!

If you're trading then you have to leave logic and reasoning out of your equation. On principle you're right, but betting against the market will crush your portfolio and spirit. The market is building into a massive bubble so use that to make money with the current. When it turns, you'll already have the reasoning to flip to the other side when it pops. Just don't die on your hill of righteousness because the market DGAF and will bankrupt you, but at least you'll still have your principles. Not judging, just offering an opinion because I don't want anyone here to lose. JMO.
thirdcoast
AG

"With this margin thing, I'll have like $12M in play most of the time"

Lots of good sound bites, especially his BA story on mistiming.
GreasenUSA
AG
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

If you're trading then you have to leave logic and reasoning out of your equation. On principle you're right, but betting against the market will crush your portfolio and spirit. The market is building into a massive bubble so use that to make money with the current. When it turns, you'll already have the reasoning to flip to the other side when it pops. Just don't die on your hill of righteousness because the market DGAF and will bankrupt you, but at least you'll still have your principles. Not judging, just offering an opinion because I don't want anyone here to lose. JMO.
That's certainly a good point, but the market also seems to appreciate when companies trim some fat.
fightintxag13
AG

Anyone else see this? Apparently Will Meade is posting some other guy's material.
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

That's certainly a good point, but the market also seems to appreciate when companies trim some fat.
Yes it does, because trimming fat, stock buybacks etc. will make future earnings beats easier thus creating upward pressure on those stocks.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

So, treat it like a woman.
Baby Billy
AG
khaos288 said:

fightintxag13 said:

McInnis 03 said:

COF (Capital One) lost $1.3B
Took advantage of the sell off and got in at 51.50

Still can't believe it was 40 a few weeks ago, what a deal.

I'm in at $41
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

I was just joking, I'm not touching google (or apple or amazon) and I learned the hard way that even when the market should be going down, the fed will come in and destroy your shorts no matter how in the money they are. These days I'm hesitant to trade anything that isn't a weekly.
leoj
AG
Should have kept some puts on with that finish. Just hate keeping anything overnight in this market.
Carlo4
AG
We all knew it, but essentially confirmation of JC Penney filing for bankruptcy in a few weeks.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/jc-penney-seeking-around-1-billion-in-bankruptcy-funding-report-2020-04-23?mod=mw_latestnews

12thMan86
AG
texagbeliever said:

Translation?

Basically it means there are more calls than puts being bought. Once most get long and there's nobody else to buy, the market will fall. It's not an exact metric but it does work eventually. Check out what is was before the market dropped
HSEAG13
AgEng06 said:

Anyone looked at DCP Midstream (DCP)? Looks like gas/midstream is moving upwards, maybe due to oil being down. DCP was down as far as $2.20, but has rebounded into the upper $8s, with a gap up and ~27% increase today.

Bought @2.40, probably my my largest buy when I got into the game. Backbone of the company is enbridge and p66 so I've been following closely.
gig em 02
Carlo4 said:

We all knew it, but essentially confirmation of JC Penney filing for bankruptcy in a few weeks.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/jc-penney-seeking-around-1-billion-in-bankruptcy-funding-report-2020-04-23?mod=mw_latestnews

Apparently there was a considerable amount of JCP call buying around .50, is JCP a candidate for the model T up to about .72 if it reverses?
AgEng06
AG
Good call.
Rice and Fries
Interesting Bull vs Bear Market comparison video

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/g6wbth/the_bear_case_vs_bull_case_argument/

Brewmaster
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Anyone else see this? Apparently Will Meade is posting some other guy's material.
I believe it. He's been called out for a lot of things (not actually attending Johns Hopkins, etc.). I'm sure he steals a lot of his info elsewhere.
La Bamba
AG
S&P futures have been straight down all night and stressing that 275 support level. I think we wake up with a huge gap down to the 271-272 level tomorrow morning. F*** me for not closing out my long positions during the initial bounce following the Remsedivir news. It has been nothing but downhill for the S&P. This was the pullback that I was looking for and did not capitalize on it. Good luck to all tomorrow.
leoj
AG
Yes. Once I saw some tweets about his conflicting background I stopped following him.
McInnis 03
AG
fightintxag13 said:

New follow. Thanks!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
La Bamba said:

S&P futures have been straight down all night and stressing that 275 support level. I think we wake up with a huge gap down to the 271-272 level tomorrow morning. F*** me for not closing out my long positions during the initial bounce following the Remsedivir news. It has been nothing but downhill for the S&P. This was the pullback that I was looking for and did not capitalize on it. Good luck to all tomorrow.

278-9 right now
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

La Bamba said:

278-9 right now

280 and climbing
claym711
AG
BREwmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

I believe it. He's been called out for a lot of things (not actually attending Johns Hopkins, etc.). I'm sure he steals a lot of his info elsewhere.

I only recently (past 2 weeks) started using twitter. Meade's stuff is crap.
fightintxag13
AG
I'm brand new to Twitter as well. Been on it for a month now (I'm using it to subscribe to Manic). I don't follow Will Meade, but I've seen his stuff posted here a lot lately.
jnathan10
AG
McInnis 03
AG
fightintxag13 said:

I'm brand new to Twitter as well. Been on it for a month now (I'm using it to subscribe to Manic). I don't follow Will Meade, but I've seen his stuff posted here a lot lately.
I follow and post a little bit of his stuff, but I think he's the Darren Rovell of the stock market.

B&I Key:
La Bamba
AG
jnathan10 said:

Apologies, it was late last night and I was obviously a bit grumpy
jnathan10
AG
Lol, I just need 1 slightly decent day to close out positions and then prep for the fall.
AnyOtherName
AG
ERI has already taken off... what are you thoughts on TRWH? Is this a good buy?

McInnis 03
AG
SPY 285 today??

B&I Key:
Exsurge Domine
McInnis 03 said:

SPY 285 today??

Inshallah
La Bamba
AG
jj9000
AG
Basically what we already have known here for several months.
First Page Last Page
Page 1385 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.