Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,051 Views | 224474 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by EliteZags
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProgN
WLL

At least one of our clan is making bank today.
Aggietaco
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggietaco said:

Prognightmare said:

Based on the volume today, I believe SDC busts through 6 at the open unless futures are down 500.
Sitting at 6+ pre-market. Going to be another profit taking and then slow rise day?

I might buy into a few shares at the early sell off to see what happens.
It almost got there, now just watch for volume on the minute chart to see if it will push through.
Had a 5.40 order in and got busy with my real job, so I'm not holding anything yet. In reality I should quit waiting for 4/4.50 again and buy and forget for long term, but I can't help but wait for a low spike.
ProgN
Waiting on a dip is prudent. When volume dries up, it will come back down.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

WLL

The JAN21 $2 calls have a boatload of volume.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

DFS goes green
That chart looks really good to me.
Agreed, I bought in a couple days ago with shares
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

DFS goes green
That chart looks really good to me.
Agreed, I bought in a couple days ago with shares
I'm in the 5/15 36.5c, They should be fine and I may add more today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is demoralizing for a short to watch. $3T in stimulus, unlimited QE, junk bond purchases, 26M unemployed claims in the last month, impacted earnings, low guidance, high likelihood of a wave 2, and suppressed demand, yet we are likely to break out of this channel and move towards a full retrace.

What the F.
McInnis 03
AG
My patience finally paid off. My 290c that expires tomorrow on AAPL finally went green. Unloaded 2/3 of the position and will lotto the last bit
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Aggietaco
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This is demoralizing for a short to watch. $3T in stimulus, unlimited QE, junk bond purchases, 26M unemployed claims in the last month, impacted earnings, low guidance, high likelihood of a wave 2, and suppressed demand, yet we are likely to break out of this channel and move towards a full retrace.

What the F.
Quit trying to rationalize it.
La Bamba
AG
Rode OAS from .54 to 0.64. Geez, Insane. Helped curb the losses from my non-profitable SPY puts a few days ago.
Post removed:
by user
BearkatRunner88
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If my charting of AVWAP is right (WHICH IT PROBABLY ISN'T) the next resistance on AVWAP would be 6.41 or so for SDC. I just got in the $6 calls for next friday which have a LOT of action on them.
Considering following this. I could do a covered call as another user suggested yesterday but just wasn't sure my inputs were accurate (within TD Ameritrade) and got side tracked but wondering what the pros / cons were to picking up options and just letting my shares continue to ride vs. the alternative (covered call).

Appreciate any input.
ProgN
FAT SEXY said:

One month of small ball trading and I've turned $2800 into $3200.. At least I'm not taking L's I guess.
A LOT better than a 1 month CD.
Aggietaco
AG
FAT SEXY said:

One month of small ball trading and I've turned $2800 into $3200.. At least I'm not taking L's I guess.
15% is nothing to scoff at.
ProgN
BearkatRunner88 said:

McInnis 03 said:

If my charting of AVWAP is right (WHICH IT PROBABLY ISN'T) the next resistance on AVWAP would be 6.41 or so for SDC. I just got in the $6 calls for next friday which have a LOT of action on them.
Considering following this. I could do a covered call as another user suggested yesterday but just wasn't sure my inputs were accurate (within TD Ameritrade) and got side tracked but wondering what the pros / cons were to picking up options and just letting my shares continue to ride vs. the alternative (covered call).

Appreciate any input.
You can sell the 5/1 $6 calls for .40. I'd recommend that. If they get called out, it means you essentially sold them at $6.40
La Bamba
AG

What the F.
I switched from short to long in the SPY this morning once we got over that 281 resistance line. We are also above the the 50 dma. Looking for a move to 288-289 (massive resistance).

BTW, I mentioned CHK last week and was kinda poked fun at for a long position. It was at 16. Its now at 25. Unfortunately, I did not hold.
Spaceship
AG
Sold my LVS shares just now. Pretty cool to make 12% in 24 hours. I just need to pick more stocks like that one.
Carlo4
AG
FAT SEXY said:

That's awesome. Congrats! In the exact same boat as you. I have similar percentage gains (much higher early last week but learning the hard way lately).

I'm just kicking myself on some of my sells going too early. Good thing is you can always jump back in right?!?
texagbeliever

What the F.

You are assuming people didnt expect the things to be happening that you are saying much less assuming the market didnt think things would be worse. At the low people probably thought a million people were going to die and society has a 20% chance of collapsing. Now we are looking at a sooner than expected opening (before Aug/Sep) and a much less lethal virus.
texagbeliever
Oil stocks are outperformint the market now. OVV up 13%, COP up 5%, MRO up 8%. These stocks stayed flat during the oil price free fall.
Post removed:
by user
jbeck3487
AG
I'm really hoping for a SDC pull back to buy my $5 covered call back that expires tomorrow.

Carlo4
AG
texagbeliever said:

Oil stocks are outperformint the market now. OVV up 13%, COP up 5%, MRO up 8%. These stocks stayed flat during the oil price free fall.
And Apache is up 35% in the last 5 days. Just crazy...
gougler08
AG
texagbeliever said:

I had sold OVV naked puts last week that would have been called out, the I got cold feet with oil and bought them back for a small gain...damn
Baby Billy
AG
Just picked up CLB, Core Labs.
Rice and Fries
Someones been buying lots of UBER $35 1/15/2021 Calls... for $28.90 per contract.
TXAG14
thirdcoast
AG
texagbeliever said:

What the F.

You are assuming people didnt expect the things to be happening that you are saying much less assuming the market didnt think things would be worse. At the low people probably thought a million people were going to die and society has a 20% chance of collapsing. Now we are looking at a sooner than expected opening (before Aug/Sep) and a much less lethal virus.

Pretty sure it's this, more than anything else. Companies that were headed to Ch 11 pre-CV19 are actually improving their balance sheet today thanks to Fed manna falling from sky.

Mr President Elect
AG
gougler08 said:

texagbeliever said:

I had sold OVV naked puts last week that would have been called out, the I got cold feet with oil and bought them back for a small gain...damn
OVV have KOS have been some of my biggest portfolio gainers over the last week or two.
La Bamba
AG
Whiting (WLL) may want $2 today. Epic squeeze. Look for OAS to follow suit. If OAS gets to test the HOD it could move up to 0.75-0.8.
gougler08
AG
Is LK ever going to trade again?
jsap
I sold naked put that may get called out tomorrow. How do I buy it back?
gougler08
AG
jsap said:

I sold naked put that may get called out tomorrow. How do I buy it back?
You can select "Buy to Close" and then it will fill based on the current bid/ask spread
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

WLL

The JAN21 $2 calls have a boatload of volume.
Almost ITM

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1378 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.