Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,987,763 Views | 224150 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grown Pear said:

Right on. Don't get me wrong the cost of college is outrageous and student loans definitely are holding back the young generation a lot. But it also doesn't help when you're wanting to live on your own without parents or roommates and spending $1,500-2,000/month plus utilities to do so, plus you want that new car and are constantly trading that out and increasing your auto loan payments, plus you just gotta have that new $1,000 iphone every 2 years.... the list goes on. And you need that super moca frappacino every single morning, and the ultra organic full array of nongluten foods and need that sushi dinner once a week, and sunday brunch and mimosas with everybody... etc etc etc.
Man I want to hang out with these folks. They know how to live!
cisgenderedAggie
leoj
AG
Laser Wolf said:

leoj said:

Market pulling down. AAPL getting whacked

Excellent

Lol. What a head fake!
59 South
AG
Maybe sell just 1? Gives some cushion. Don't underestimate this market. Could easily see 100+ next week. With that chart set up I'd say it's likely. Closing over 8 and 21 EMA is very bullish. Just depends on your risk tolerance.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Now you can take some of your JPM off...not bad for a day eh
khaos288
AG
2:51 gods said up up and away
Grown Pear
AG
SPY approaching exceeding 287, you have got to be kidding me. Of course I went ahead and sold out my position
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice rally to close.
McInnis 03
AG
Spy flying high like a Kellen Mond pass.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Boat Shoes
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Spy flying high like a Kellen Mond pass.
Blue star.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought hedge $280 SPY for Monday $0.78
oldarmy1
AG
Looks like a started a mass buy on the SPY Put hedge. Bought 100 and now multiple 50-100 buys going off
gougler08
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Right there with you...
Selling enough to cover your costs and leave you at a "net free" holding is a strategy OldArmy preaches a lot
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Looks like a started a mass buy on the SPY Put hedge. Bought 100 and now multiple 50-100 buys going off
DId you see my 3 contract buy???
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Your hedge is 100 puts, mine is 2
Betoisafurry
Lol, I did the same but about 10 minutes too early. Paid 1.15 for mine. Need to get better at waiting...
oldarmy1
AG
Now huge dumping of the puts...fun
oldarmy1
AG
Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

DId you see my 3 contract buy???
I sure did
ProgN
Beer time
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Will say this on the SPY hedge. Make it just that because it looks like huge money used my initial buy to create some buying and then dumped hard into it. My little 100 met with around 700 buys but then 400 and 400+ immediately and then continued selling.

Ragoo
AG
Any articles on the 2:50 stock swings? What is the mechanism driving that sudden volitility?
oldarmy1
AG
That was institutional buying for sure. 1-2.5M shares a minute on SPY.
McInnis 03
AG
The only thing with volume comparison to the 280P for Monday is the 290C for Monday.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Beer time

Right on brother! Went double on my ytd profits this week with roku, ba and a few little ones. That earns a shiner or two.
La Bamba
AG
So V recovery it is?
Exsurge Domine
We broke bread today brothers. 21.32% green in the ole portfolio today. I'll take it. Now it feels like I'm on vacation without having to have my finger hover over the "sell" button on near expiring options
Carlo4
AG
Got a question for the veterans. Anyone else seeing a rising wedge pattern on the SPX daily from Mid March to now? Also seeing declining volume here...

La Bamba
AG
So what's the plan for next week? At this point, got to think the SPY ain't going to let up until 293 gets reached at the minimum, right?
FrontPorchAg
La Bamba said:

So V recovery it is?
I'm still in for the W
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
La Bamba
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

La Bamba said:

So V recovery it is?
I'm still in for the W
I'm giving up on the dream of a nice and beautiful pull back the more 2-3 PM sessions we have. That was just stupid.
oldarmy1
AG
La Bamba said:

So what's the plan for next week? At this point, got to think the SPY ain't going to let up until 293 gets reached at the minimum, right?

Unless detailed likely. Just look at that chart I posted and that's the levels we are dealing with for now.

I went with $280 hedge puts but bought half as many $290 calls. Opening will sell the calls if pops big. Would hold Puts if red since it's a hedge. Obviously would like to see those go worthless due to all call options rocking.
First Page Last Page
Page 1344 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.