Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,523,709 Views | 223308 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by farmerjoe
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carlo4 said:

Prognightmare said:

leoj said:

This is just a crazy V recovery so far given the real economic damage we know has been done. Makes a retest or even further drop less likely but could be more violent if it does happen? Who knows.
The GILD news and with Trump's press conference saying we've peaked and will be reopening, the virus cloud is dissipating. Now this market has all that liquidity from the Fed about to be put to work.
spot on here. Honestly, I can't believe it's been so fast. I still feel like we are going to slow down or test, but I'm certainly dead wrong on that theory to date. I hope I continue to be for the sake of everyone.

My current theory is that the tech stocks will sell off some just because people will be taking profits and competition from brick and mortar stores takes into their share.

If by some miracle we don't have a rebound spurt with additional lockdown? Spy 330 by Jan 1
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
there is no logic showing up anywhere in the reaction to things, but here's my take:

• Remdesivir is a potential treatment, but it is not a preventative and will not prevent infections
  • There is no control group and other things to develop certainty but it looks very promising
  • It will solve nothing in the next 30-60 days and may be difficult to access while it's being produced
  • "opening the economy" is the supply side, it is not the demand side. It will take consumers a while to be willing to spend and do certain activities again. Would you travel internationally where you couldn't get Remdesivir (if it's the magic bullet)?
  • There could be a wave 2 when the public relaxes because of the belief of a treatment
  • There is no widespread testing capability yet. It is prudent to have that to isolate cases
CuriousAg
Where do I dump the truck? Non-options because I don't know how to play that game. What could be a 10 banger by year end?
ProgN
AggiePeeps06 said:

Any idea what those 4/17 $245 BA calls are worth?
$245 ???

Answer:
BB675
AG
Everything I own is down big AH. CHWY, PTON, CODX, NET.
gougler08
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

there is no logic showing up anywhere in the reaction to things, but here's my take:

• Remdesivir is a potential treatment, but it is not a preventative and will not prevent infections
  • There is no control group and other things to develop certainty but it looks very promising
  • It will solve nothing in the next 30-60 days and may be difficult to access while it's being produced
  • "opening the economy" is the supply side, it is not the demand side. It will take consumers a while to be willing to spend and do certain activities again. Would you travel internationally where you couldn't get Remdesivir (if it's the magic bullet)?
  • There could be a wave 2 when the public relaxes because of the belief of a treatment
  • There is no widespread testing capability yet. It is prudent to have that to isolate cases

Yes I would travel right now assuming the country I'm going to is opened up for tourists
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

Just fluctuating, no news. It will bust through 130 tomorrow
i bought the 130 call this afternoon so it better
NFLX and ROKU are pulling back because it's being interpreted as fewer eyes watching as the economy gets back to work. I still believe ROKU will have solid momentum into earnings on 5/11
ProgN

This was on my TL and wanted to share with the gang.
Exsurge Domine
Prognightmare said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Any idea what those 4/17 $245 BA calls are worth?
$245 ???

Answer:

Massive lotto action
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wouldn't, but I'm also more at-risk than most of being susceptible to covid.
leoj
AG
So going to post a loser and huge mistake. I misread an HP post on a short term signal, thinking it was being initiated but I didn't read his previous info and it was a stop being hit, so negated. I went into 4/17 275 SPY puts, which will obviously open worthless tomorrow for about a $1k loss.

I felt like being transparent, a really stupid mistake on my part. Gotta get back to the grind and be more on top of it moving forward so I don't compound the issues here.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Prognightmare said:

This was on my TL and wanted to share with the gang.
Finally I see an underlying on which I'd buy a straddle.
ProgN
Agreed
aggiedaniel06
AG
Premiums look to be high though. And volatility is sure to be insane. In six weeks I'll want to strangle.
ProgN
Like they say

No matter how fine she is, someone, somewhere is tired of putting up with her *****

I wouldn't turn down a test drive though.
Exsurge Domine
My AMC theaters may 15 3c looking nice tomorrow I bet up 19% AH
jh0400
AG
Write a higher strike ($280 maybe) to offset. It locks in the downside but minimizes it relative to allowing your options to expire worthless.
Exsurge Domine
Exsurge Domine said:

Now up 27%
ProgN
Cinemark said they will be showing old movie classics when they reopen since all new releases have been pushed back. They'll still bend you over in concessions but watching some old hits at discounted tickets could be some good family fun.
tk for tu juan
Dunkin' Brands up $3.16 in after hours, that is better than the $3.03 it was up during the trading day
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The week ain't over
Exsurge Domine
What time exactly do apr 17 calls expire?
jh0400
AG
Close
Agnzona
Prognightmare said:

Cinemark said they will be showing old movie classics when they reopen since all new releases have been pushed back. They'll still bend you over in concessions but watching some old hits at discounted tickets could be some good family fun.

I've seen Wizard of OZ and South Pacific both on the big screen as some kind of anniversary thing. It was awesome. I'd go see some classic each week....
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Exsurge Domine
jh0400 said:

Close

Why do mine say expired I wonder?
Exsurge Domine
Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Now up 27%

40%!!!! I need the Vince McMahon gif
ProgN
In the limited stuff I've read, they'll be running a lot of the big blockbusters from the 80s and 90s also. I'm actually excited about seeing some of those again in a real theatre.
Exsurge Domine
My ladr stock up big time too, could be huge tomorrow
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I thought this was really good. No control group to compare clinical improvement, but looks promising. Not a silver bullet though if improvement is 2/3 of patients and ~95% of patients live anyway. The control comparison will be important.

Sneaky move to launch this right before OpEx

BB675
AG
Does anyone want to manage my E*TRADE account for a portion of the earnings? I'm not very good at this.
ProgN
Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Now up 27%

40%!!!! I need the Vince McMahon gif

I think this is more you right now.
tam2002
AG
Wynn up 7 dollars AH. Let's go gambling!
Agnzona
Prognightmare said:

In the limited stuff I've read, they'll be running a lot of the big blockbusters from the 80s and 90s also. I'm actually excited about seeing some of those again in a real theatre.

The 3 good Star Wars would be awesome (okay 2.4)!
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Carlo4
AG
tam2002 said:

Wynn up 7 dollars AH. Let's go gambling!
ERI up 20% after hours!
gougler08
AG
DOW futures +808
First Page Last Page
Page 1334 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.