Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,775 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AAL & LUV next week. UAL today, DAL 4/16.

ETA: Per TDA
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

La Bamba said:

If SPY 283 breaks and confirms, do we think 293 (61.8% retracement) is next? Don't see much in the way of resistance till then.
As much as my mind tells me that concept is insane, I think if we close above 285, it will be inevitable to get close to or hit 293. QQQ has hits its 61.8% retracement, only down something like 1.5% YTD, which is just f'ing mind numbing to me. There could also be a trap, where SPY teases 286-287 and then the rug gets pulled. We'll probably have another 5M jobless claims this week. At some point fundamentals and gravity are going to matter.
I have 61.8% for Nasdaq at around 8563 (different from QQQ). See below image from daily forex.

Either way, we are very close/already there for Nasdaq at this retracement! I saw Nasdaq was 8515 when I typed this out.
oldarmy1
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Could be a good entry point on JPM

How many times do I come here to type a stock and when I look back its broken out?!
Thoughts on a $98 call on JPM with a 10 day expiry date? Only out potentially $400 with two options. I could see a little run after the earning stuff settles down.
Good risk/reward. The move today looks overdone and wouldn't be surprised to see an engulfing candle tomorrow. I think BAC is going to have positive comments tagged with the PPP.
iluvpoker
McInnis 03 said:

tam2002 said:

I know a couple of you on this thread like WYNN. Does anyone think we'll see it in the 50s again? Currently 73

I think it has to come back. Nothing is open at the strip. Even when it does, who knows when, who's getting on the plane to Vegas? What businesses are going to schedule Vegas conferences? I think it comes back.

Note: I'm in wynn with low 50's cost basis.

*Raises hand
thirdcoast
AG
tam2002 said:

I know a couple of you on this thread like WYNN. Does anyone think we'll see it in the 50s again? Currently 73

Don't forget about direct deposit gov cash money to gamblers all across the country.
Carlo4
AG
I'm going to say that user name checks out.
iluvpoker
thirdcoast said:

tam2002 said:

Don't forget about direct deposit gov cash money to gamblers all across the country.

We're self employed.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There is no point being short when that happens. The fed will never allow a down day.
E
AG
Whats going on with SNSS? Largest jump since mid March
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

There is no point being short when that happens. The fed will never allow a down day.
Yes they will. They don't have a time horizon to adhere to. They will simply peel out of their investments as the markets go higher.
gougler08
AG
gotsand said:

interesting...nasdaq.com saying next week

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/ual/earnings
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
iluvpoker said:

McInnis 03 said:

tam2002 said:

I think it has to come back. Nothing is open at the strip. Even when it does, who knows when, who's getting on the plane to Vegas? What businesses are going to schedule Vegas conferences? I think it comes back.

*Raises hand
Seconded.
jbeck3487
AG
ROKU broke to HOD let's see if it builds.
Post removed:
by user
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
gougler08 said:

gotsand said:

interesting...nasdaq.com saying next week

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/ual/earnings
Yahoo also reporting 4/14 on United: https://finance.yahoo.com/calendar/earnings/
Spaceship
AG
Amazon's one month chart is beast mode, wow
CSTXAg92
AG
NURO has been pretty volatile today.
Post removed:
by user
Shiner Bock
AG
decent size call volume on UNH today prior to earnings tomorrow morning
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because people haven't been going to the doctors and surgeries have been suspended. Not much out of their pockets last month
IrishTxAggie
AG
GLD just took a dive on the 5min
FrontPorchAg
iluvpoker said:

McInnis 03 said:

tam2002 said:

*Raises hand

Everybody will eventually go back to Vegas except Karen
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
ProgN
RoyalOak00 said:

OverSeas AG said:

RoyalOak00 said:

AMZN to release earnings on 4/23. Curious on others thinking; is this a call opportunity? I think there's a strong chance that the market will congratulate them on likely missing earnings but weathering the storm.
Yesterday AMZN opened at 2040ish. It is currently at 2288. Not sure what to think of AMZN.

I rode them up yesterday with an existing investment and took a huge gamble today. Going to unload some things here in the last hour.

I think they are going to crush it actually in terms of earnings, but I have READ nothing, just guessing.
I unloaded 11 shares today; bought in long term with 15 shares a few years ago. I'm really tempted to put a $2500 call on May 1 to get through Q1 earnings and to allow things to open up a bit more with the virus (premium is high though)...
Wasn't it you that just got options approval today?

If so, looking at AMZN options right out of the gates is slapping your dick on the table saying "I AM HERE!"

oldarmy1
AG
Here goes TTOO
Post removed:
by user
Grown Pear
AG
Prognightmare said:

RoyalOak00 said:

OverSeas AG said:

RoyalOak00 said:

AMZN to release earnings on 4/23. Curious on others thinking; is this a call opportunity? I think there's a strong chance that the market will congratulate them on likely missing earnings but weathering the storm.
Yesterday AMZN opened at 2040ish. It is currently at 2288. Not sure what to think of AMZN.

I rode them up yesterday with an existing investment and took a huge gamble today. Going to unload some things here in the last hour.

I think they are going to crush it actually in terms of earnings, but I have READ nothing, just guessing.
I unloaded 11 shares today; bought in long term with 15 shares a few years ago. I'm really tempted to put a $2500 call on May 1 to get through Q1 earnings and to allow things to open up a bit more with the virus (premium is high though)...
Wasn't it you that just got options approval today?

If so, looking at AMZN options right out of the gates is slapping your dick on the table saying "I AM HERE!"

Looking like you guys just added another TexAg whale!

Looking forward to these market moves more than ever.
ProgN
RoyalOak00 said:

Yep, that would be me. Lol. In fairness I have a lot on the sidelines and am looking for the right high risk / high reward play.

I do admire the initiative, balls and commitment sir!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
jbeck3487
AG
Irish, no prediction for the finish today?
ProgN
RoyalOak00 said:

Yep, that would be me. Lol. In fairness I have a lot on the sidelines and am looking for the right high risk / high reward play.
If you're not on Twitter you might consider joining just to follow some accounts for ideas and things to watch. You'll pickup some new things, if you really get into trading.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
jbeck3487 said:

Irish, no prediction for the finish today?
Higher into the close. Up to 2890 on the ES_F AH and then looking for a selloff tomorrow
AgEng06
AG
So I bought into RDS.A recently, but didn't do my homework and apparently should have bought into RDS.B for dividend tax reasons. Is there a "better" way to move my position into RDS.B, other than selling one and buying the other?

Luckily, as of now B is a slightly cheaper than A.
First Page Last Page
Page 1310 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.