Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,882 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought JPM shares, tomorrow morning will be the first of the bank earnings this time around, right?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
that's bad ass. congrats.
ProgN
Grown Pear said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Re: Amazon, I wouldn't sell. They are going to continue to prosper regardless of the coronavirus. If anything, they will continue to do better as covid accelerates the retail to digital shopping trend. My basis in Amazon is $900, so for me, watching it fluctuate between $1900 - $2200 isn't making me flinch in any way. I would consider adding in a big way sub $1700.
Fun Fact of the Day:

In Oct 2017 I made a rather risky options play with AMZN surrounding their 3rd Qtr earnings announcement. With the profit I purchased a World Series Game 5 ticket. The one where the Astros won 13-12 in the bottom of the 10th inning at home. Most epic game I have ever witnessed. I also went long at the time and hold to this day.
Username checks out
YNWA_AG
AG
I had standing room only tickets for game 3 and I remember watching that earnings during BP

The earnings might have been the day before game 3 now that I think about it
Grown Pear
AG
LMAO
gougler08
AG

IrishTxAggie said:

Re: Amazon, I wouldn't sell. They are going to continue to prosper regardless of the coronavirus. If anything, they will continue to do better as covid accelerates the retail to digital shopping trend. My basis in Amazon is $900, so for me, watching it fluctuate between $1900 - $2200 isn't making me flinch in any way. I would consider adding in a big way sub $1700.
People have been buying the 1/15/21 3000C and 3200C today on AMZN
WHAT?!? Torbush wow. Selling 1800P would probably be an easy way to pocket premiums. I need to think about doing that.
You got to have a lot of cash sitting around to do that
amg1996
AG
Do you come on here strictly to troll?
La Bamba
AG
I bought a bit of NLS this morning in the 4.40s. It has been basing at the 4.60s and there's a nice daily gap all the way to the 5.20s. Stay at home type stocks like NFLX and PTON are continuing to do well. Looking at a swing play to close NLS gap, holding overnight as long as SPY stays in this 271.5 - 275 range.
azul_rain
this wasnt a troll, im seriously curious
La Bamba
AG
hedge said:

i dont mean to beat a dead horse, but where are we on the model T ?
Model T was hit last Thursday.
Ragoo
AG
hedge said:

278-272=6/2
Model T @275 achieved and now selling off back to $272.

HTH
gougler08
AG
hedge said:

this wasnt a troll, im seriously curious
If you're that curious, you could read less than 5 pages back and understand the Model T better to come to your own understanding?
azul_rain
thanks thats all i needed
oldarmy1
AG
NET new high and breaks above 3 day resistance
BB675
AG
Can't believe I sold WORX at $6.42.
oldarmy1
AG
BB675 said:

Party almost over. Wish it had options
oldarmy1
AG
Ha! As I hit enter she dropped $2 on a flash crash.
BB675
AG
How high do you anticipate NET going? Reason I ask is it is already above it's 52 W high.
gougler08
AG
You guys still liking SDC down here? Seems like great value to me even if SPY comes down over next few weeks
oldarmy1
AG
Our little ONTX having volume with new daily high on trend. Still no breakout!
oldarmy1
AG
BB675 said:

How high do you anticipate NET going? Reason I ask is it is already above it's 52 W high.
NET and TLRA/RUBI (Now merged RUBI) were my top two picks for 2020. RUBI has been killed by the shutdown because the Adworks sector is barely moving, plus there is no election spending going on in that area for now.

Both will be longer term grand slams, so I'd be using the difficult conditions to accumulate RUBI. NET hit resistance all last week around the $26 levels. There was a post Friday about buying it on the pullback. I think it will take out the highs and see $30 area for longer term resistance.
george1992
BB675 said:

Can't believe I tried to short it at $6.50. Luckily IBKR couldn't find me any shares.
Cartographer
Anyone else having issues with thinkorswim?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
gougler08 said:

You guys still liking SDC down here? Seems like great value to me even if SPY comes down over next few weeks
I've been watching it since I'm bagholding it (somewhere around 7.50 is my breakeven, lol). Seems like it will run up to about 4.50, then drop back to about 4.00, give or take a dime. Been pretty cyclical since this all started, so you might be able to make some swing trades with it if you've a mind to.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

This guy thinks its worth throwing some money at but he also selected SIRI, which I think is as close to a commodity play in the sector as you can get.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/12/5-top-stocks-for-the-700-burning-a-hole-in-your-po.aspx
La Bamba
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good indicators on continuation of pullback now but there should be an intraday push upward coming. We have a juicy gap down at $353.32 on SPY & 2538.18. If we hit $270 SPY/ 2660 SPX odds move way up for that to happen./\
353? on the SPY?
253.....you know oldarmy fast typing glitches by now.
Sorry, I meant to ask this in the morning. Do you mean the 233-229 gap on the SPY (March 23-24)? I don't see a 253 gap on the daily chart unless you're excluding wicks?
AnyOtherName
AG
panduh bear said:

Anyone else having issues with thinkorswim?

Yes, mine crashed. Won't reopen. What the Robinhood is this?!
Rice and Fries
RUBI looks like it had been trading on an island with those gaps in the last few months, only now below those levels.
Touchless
AG
What do you think the potential run could be for this week on NET? I have the 4/17 $25C. I did a straddle with it and had the $25P that I sold last week. The net of the two is finally positive after the first week I had it there was little movement. That time decay killed me.
Ragoo
AG
hedge said:

thanks thats all i needed
a model T is a 50% retracement of a "sudden" or quick move in the price. OA's model T is on the bigger SPY drop. 340-220/2=60+220
280 model T retrace satisfied last week. Thought now is that the move is more probably down before going above 280. The Fibonacci lines are 265, then 248.
Cartographer
https://downdetector.com/status/td-ameritrade/
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
gougler08
AG
La Bamba said:

oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good indicators on continuation of pullback now but there should be an intraday push upward coming. We have a juicy gap down at $353.32 on SPY & 2538.18. If we hit $270 SPY/ 2660 SPX odds move way up for that to happen./\
353? on the SPY?
253.....you know oldarmy fast typing glitches by now.
Sorry, I meant to ask this in the morning. Do you mean the 233-229 gap on the SPY (March 23-24)? I don't see a 253 gap on the daily chart unless you're excluding wicks?
I think the April 6th wick is way too low, don't think we actually had that much movement that day (remember thinking it was odd)
gig em 02
hedge said:

The wait and see part
oldarmy1
AG
Here's AAPL for an example of using naked Puts. AAPL trading around $267.50. I arrowed the Puts out to next Friday showing premiums $6.40 to $8.50, depending on which strike price you'd sell. A naked Put means someone can sell you AAPL at whatever the strike price is you sell. So if I sell the $265 for $6.40 and AAPL is above $265 next Friday you simply pocket $640 in put premium. If AAPL, say, is at $262 next Friday. You'd be assigned the 100 shares of AAPL stock and pay $265/share. However you still pocket the $6.40 premium so your net entry would be $258.60.

You could then either sell AAPL or write a covered call for $6+ or just decide to hold it long. Bottom line naked Puts and covered calls allow you to basically be the bank. I use this strategy a lot when the price at being assigned is anywhere close to where I would have bought anyways.

First Page Last Page
Page 1300 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.