Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,986,572 Views | 224142 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by AgEng06
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Futures open down 36. Not much to tell from that open.
Exsurge Domine
oldarmy1 said:

Futures open down 36. Not much to tell from that open.

I think they were double that earlier. I saw the Dow -480 an hour ago
oldarmy1
AG
Lemme take a look.

Actually we started up then immediately dropped to those lows and have leveled off.
ProgN
Thank you
claym711
AG
Prognightmare said:

Thank you, he's only 4 and this divorce is still confusing for him. I hid Easter eggs last night after he went to sleep and the excitement and happiness I was able to witness this morning I can't even put into words. I'm an old first time dad but he's my world. His mother picked him up this afternoon because it's her week and he didn't want to let me go. I melted and yes, started having a few beers. That's probably why I did such a long post.

I'm a single dad of a now 7 year old (been that way since he was 2). The transition you're in and memories you're making are irreplaceable and are actually enhanced because of the circumstances (though may not seem that way now). You'll appreciate fatherhood and all of these small fleeting moments more because they're more scarce. Soak it up, man. Some of the best moments are hidden within this hard time.
ProgN
Thank you, I know what you're saying my friend.
CSTXAg92
AG
Grown Pear said:

khaos288 said:

gougler08 said:

RSP715 said:

The don is crazy if he thinks things are opening up in May. Very soft open maybe and it's not his call anyway. It's state and local.

I'll be surprised if we aren't doing something in early May in Texas. This has lasted long enough for the absolute non issue it's been here

I agree that some states probably need longer, but the overwhelming majority of the country is fine and needs to get back to work

That's the worst thing about social distancing. When you're doing it right, the outcome looks like it isn't needed anymore.

My wife and I were talking about this. There's a term for it and we can't for the life of us remember. Not self fulfilling prophecy, I don't think fallacy... someone help out here.

Perfect example is social distancing and quarantine. If it works perfectly there's no casualties and everyone points to what an overreaction it was when in fact it was (in theory) the causation of why things are in good shape here.
False cause fallacy?
FrontPorchAg
Futures down 1.5%

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
oldarmy1
AG
Yeah, 1-2 % is nothing. I won't look at them again unless woken up at 3am. BTW - some of you asked if I get up at 3am every trading day. Heck no! I have an alarm set based on 3.5% move either direction on futures at 3am. If we're up or down 3.5%+ the alarm goes off. When you see that I've posted sells or buys at the early hours I make predetermined executions and then its back to sleep. Your body/mind gets used to it.
Exsurge Domine
oldarmy1 said:

Yeah, 1-2 % is nothing. I won't look at them again unless woken up at 3am. BTW - some of you asked if I get up at 3am every trading day. Heck no! I have an alarm set based on 3.5% move either direction on futures at 3am. If we're up or down 3.5%+ the alarm goes off. When you see that I've posted sells or buys at the early hours I make predetermined executions and then its back to sleep. Your body/mind gets used to it.

What are the predetermined executions? Limit orders for when the market opens?
FrontPorchAg
Yeah. I'm not making a move here either way outside of maybe setting some floors for the stocks I have. I think we are headed for some multi-day trends.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
oldarmy1
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sorry, I mean if I had a target price of $30 on a stock to sell and at 3am futures are rocking and that stock is at $30.30 I typically sell it right then at 3am.
Exsurge Domine
oldarmy1 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sorry, I mean if I had a target price of $30 on a stock to sell and at 3am futures are rocking and that stock is at $30.30 I typically sell it right then at 3am.

How do you trade after hours? Can you do that on TD Ameritrade?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
khkman22
AG
Looks like Irish is big time now. He has Dan retweeting him. Or maybe they're in this together and he's the whale we always knew he was.
oldarmy1
AG
InteractiveBrokers.com

You can trade all the foreign indexes over night. You can trade the ES Futures, including E-Mini's, for example right when they opened today onward. 3am (central) for stocks, including ETF's.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I started incorporating his system into my trading strategies beginning of the year. It's worked out well. Always looking to add tools to my strategies that will make me a better trader and if they're a fit, I'm happy to pay for a service. I like Dan's for the most part.
Exsurge Domine
oldarmy1 said:

InteractiveBrokers.com

You can trade all the foreign indexes over night. You can trade the ES Futures, including E-Mini's, for example right when they opened today onward. 3am (central) for stocks, including ETF's.

I'll check it out, thanks
Post removed:
by user
TV Casualty
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I started incorporating his system into my trading strategies beginning of the year. It's worked out well. Always looking to add tools to my strategies that will make me a better trader and if they're a fit, I'm happy to pay for a service. I like Dan's for the most part.

Have you just been trading shares with his system or are you modifying it and playing options?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I only trade options. If I'm buying the equities, they're long term holds for me 95% of the time. There's really no modification required. You just use the pivots as your entrance and exits and go about like you would with equities. He's trading betas 90% of the time, so when it hits a pivot it's good for a pretty sizable move and you can usually flip the options in 2-5 minutes for over 25%
spud1910
AG
TV Casualty said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Have you just been trading shares with his system or are you modifying it and playing options?

I'm doing as Irish says. I follow Dan and trade primarily options. Takes some tuning, but he has put me on some good trades.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Waiting for this B to go limit down and circuit break. Has to happen eventually. We're at Q4 2019 asset pricing numbers with zero earnings growth. Maybe when Covid wave 2 shows up?
spud1910
AG
claym711 said:

Prognightmare said:

Thank you, he's only 4 and this divorce is still confusing for him. I hid Easter eggs last night after he went to sleep and the excitement and happiness I was able to witness this morning I can't even put into words. I'm an old first time dad but he's my world. His mother picked him up this afternoon because it's her week and he didn't want to let me go. I melted and yes, started having a few beers. That's probably why I did such a long post.

I'm a single dad of a now 7 year old (been that way since he was 2). The transition you're in and memories you're making are irreplaceable and are actually enhanced because of the circumstances (though may not seem that way now). You'll appreciate fatherhood and all of these small fleeting moments more because they're more scarce. Soak it up, man. Some of the best moments are hidden within this hard time.
I agree with these thoughts. My daughter is almost 24 and her mom and I divorced when she was ten. Hardest thing I have ever been though in my life. But during those years, my daughter and I made some amazing memories together. And along the way, the ex and I were careful not to speak badly of each other in front of her, as hard as that was at times. And today, we celebrated Easter together. My wife and I, my ex, the daughter, her husband and the two granddaughters all had dinner together after the oldest granddaughter gathered the eggs.
TV Casualty
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I only trade options. If I'm buying the equities, they're long term holds for me 95% of the time. There's really no modification required. You just use the pivots as your entrance and exits and go about like you would with equities. He's trading betas 90% of the time, so when it hits a pivot it's good for a pretty sizable move and you can usually flip the options in 2-5 minutes for over 25%

Yeah, that's what I have been trying to do. I have been doing OTM weeklies when it crosses the pivot. Sometimes I have trouble hitting the entry because it can move past the pivot fast when it goes.

I have managed to have consistent success with Tesla since the ranges can be really wide on that one.
Ragoo
AG
TV Casualty said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Yeah, that's what I have been trying to do. I have been doing OTM weeklies when it crosses the pivot. Sometimes I have trouble hitting the entry because it can move past the pivot fast when it goes.

I have managed to have consistent success with Tesla since the ranges can be really wide on that one.
how do you identify these pivots?
IrishTxAggie
AG
He puts out a pivot watchlist in the morning identifying potential pivot opportunities on his private Twitter with the prices and confirmations to look for.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

He puts out a pivot watchlist in the morning identifying potential pivot opportunities on his private Twitter with the prices and confirmations to look for.
i get that. Was wondering if anyone knew how the pivot points were determined.
Brewmaster
AG
claym711 said:

Prognightmare said:

You have solid takes on the market and some excellent posts, but this one takes the cake sir. Blue star for you and hope you had a happy Easter.

-father of an adopted 2 1/2 yr old
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

i get that. Was wondering if anyone knew how the pivot points were determined.
a lot of HP's are fib levels.
La Bamba
AG
^ Are y'all talking about Hidden Pivots?
tam2002
AG
McInnis 03
AG
You can do AH trading on TDA too with no issue. Just have to change execution on the trade from "day" to "ext"
Aggie09Derek
AG
What is Dan's twitter handle?
IrishTxAggie
AG
danshep55
First Page Last Page
Page 1297 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.