Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,015,160 Views | 224177 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by bmoochie
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragoo said:

jj9000 said:

Doesn't Model T get thrown out the window with the Fed dropping $2.5T from the sky?

My thoughts are that the 1st $2T was unprecedented. Tacking on another $2T suggests we're about to see a wrecked economy like we've never seen (even with the stimulus pops).
the 50% was achieved and the sell off has begun.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$4.1MM 13p's for Sep18 on VIAC. Anyone know why an outlier like this would be going in for VIACOMCBS?
Lost ad revenue from not televising sports
Jevertson
AG
Lower from here.
Shiner Bock
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

$4.1MM 13p's for Sep18 on VIAC. Anyone know why an outlier like this would be going in for VIACOMCBS?
theyve already taken an absolute beating with no ads from march madness and the masters, so they have to be hurting
ProgN
OverSeas AG said:

Anyone know when LK will start trading again? A week? Or is this going to be frozen pending litigation?
They make coffee and cook the books and they're all out of coffee.
La Bamba
AG
jj9000
AG
Ragoo said:

jj9000 said:

Doesn't Model T get thrown out the window with the Fed dropping $2.5T from the sky?

My thoughts are that the 1st $2T was unprecedented. Tacking on another $2T suggests we're about to see a wrecked economy like we've never seen (even with the stimulus pops).

We're one hour into the trading day.

My point and rhetorical question was about Model T, Fib, and all technical analysis getting bulldozed by the Fed.

We're kicking the can and just setting ourselves up for a harder fall. The FED can only prop up for so long.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Shiner Bock said:

IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

theyve already taken an absolute beating with no ads from march madness and the masters, so they have to be hurting
I piggybacked this trade
McInnis 03
AG

OverSeas AG
AG
AggiePeeps06
AG
This sets a terrible precedent for the future and monetary policy in general. That's for sure
La Bamba
AG
Bought some OXY at 17.53; nice big gap up to the 20s
Exsurge Domine
Isn't that like 20% of the worlds production? That would rebalance things fairly quickly I think
AnyOtherName
AG
Is there any justification to hold through the weekend or will there be a massive sell off?
vest78
AG
jj9000 said:

Ragoo said:

jj9000 said:

My point and rhetorical question was about Model T, Fib, and all technical analysis getting bulldozed by the Fed.

We're kicking the can and just setting ourselves up for a harder fall. The FED can only prop up for so long.

This.
Shundere
Shundere said:

I mentioned the XOM 4/17 43C last week. Sold at opening pop for a very nice gain. Only bought one contract to get my foot in the water, but thank you for the knowledge.
Naturally that agreement happens!!
spud1910
AG
jbeck3487 said:

Kicking myself for not buying TSLA calls yesterday 10 minutes before the close.
I did and worried all night. Turned out well though.
La Bamba
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Isn't that like 20% of the worlds production? That would rebalance things fairly quickly I think
Just goes to show how stopped things are worldwide.
Carlo4
AG
Really feels like every bazooka was fired to get us over Model T, hold it, and continue bullish trends.

Nothing else they can do today it feels like.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
vest78 said:

jj9000 said:

Ragoo said:

jj9000 said:

This.

That or we kick the can down the road far enough for businesses to begin picking back up again. If that happens we might not get back up to ATHs immediately but we might get back up to 90% of that and grow from there. It's hard to know what's going to happen.
Grown Pear
AG

Dbl posted
12thMan86
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

vest78 said:

jj9000 said:

Ragoo said:

jj9000 said:

This.

That or we kick the can down the road far enough for businesses to begin picking back up again. If that happens we might not get back up to ATHs immediately but we might get back up to 90% of that and grow from there. It's hard to know what's going to happen.

Dont fight the FED. I've learned that the hard way, and they are really getting aggressive. This tells me they know its bad out there.
Post removed:
by user
jbeck3487
AG
spud1910 said:

jbeck3487 said:

Kicking myself for not buying TSLA calls yesterday 10 minutes before the close.
I did and worried all night. Turned out well though.
That's what I wanted to avoid, but congrats brother.
Grown Pear
AG

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone know when LK will start trading again? A week? Or is this going to be frozen pending litigation?
They make coffee and cook the books and they're all out of coffee.
This is gold. Blue Star Gold
Exsurge Domine
God I'm bumming so hard. I had Murphy, PXD, LADR, HP, Wynn. Would have made me each over 12k.... sold for a combined 10k profit. I should have held. I got too scared
teecoy
AG
Similar story to me my friend...almost exactly the same boat.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/learn?_sp=470ec66d-ca44-473b-aa22-80a6c2a6b054.1586444015741
ProgN
RoyalOak00 said:

Would love to get more knowledge on option trading. I have my personal trading acct with Fidelity. I've worked for the same O&G major for 18 years so it's a sizable account. Any books, videos you all would recommend?

I try to follow all the jargon and strategy but it's not yet clicking (e.g. LADR). Even better, if you're in the Katy area the drinks are on me for an actual conversation.

TIA.
I can't speak for Fidelity but TD Ameritrade had a very good educational section on Think or Swim and other tools. I don't think you need to fund the account to have access to those tools so it might be something to look into. You can get ideas from this thread and then research and paper trade on TOS.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

God I'm bumming so hard. I had Murphy, PXD, LADR, HP, Wynn. Would have made me each over 12k.... sold for a combined 10k profit. I should have held. I got too scared
Don't feel bad. Does it make sense to you for stocks to be at this level? If not, then you would have been going against your logic and beliefs to hold onto those trades.Only feel bad if you betrayed your original thesis.
OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

You need to take the $10k and be ecstatic. The mentality of leaving money on the table and dwelling on it will **** you up and you'll likely get to a point of pushing your limits and you'll get whacked. Happened to me a lot early on thinking "just hold it a little longer...there's more there" and then some PR came out and dropped it faster than a lead balloon.

If you're going to actively trade, you ABSOLUTELY need to have a short term memory.
AnyOtherName
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

At least you were in. I have been watching the ups and downs waiting for a clear direction. Now I am completely paralyzed. Congrats on the win!
Hendrix
AG
next time take half off and leave half on. win/win
First Page Last Page
Page 1280 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.