Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,977,067 Views | 224057 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Shiner Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quick in and out on SHAK puts for 10% gain. love a scalp here and there.
Exsurge Domine
Taking HP calls Jan 15 7.5 @ 10.95. Out of place premium
La Bamba
AG
OSTK nice 6.44 from 6.00 breakout. earlier in the day.

Edit: 6.50s now.
Seven Costanza
AG
Prognightmare said:

fightintxag13 said:

With that said and the FOMO going on in the market the last week or so, could we actually see a V instead of a W reversal?
Not completely out of the woods yet, but each day that passes that bad news doesn't crater the market the better odds we will have more of a V

I still think we W though
I wonder if the inevitable second wave of virus shutdowns (in late Summer) causes a sharper drop in the market, since many retail investors will be saying "dang, I missed out on this last time. I'm selling this time."
ProgN
I bet we don't have a second wave of shutdowns
BB675
AG
For those that know a lot more than I do, how does EFC look? I was looking just now at analyst research and everyone has it as a buy/strong buy.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

I hope you're right. All the initial models warned about lifting the shelter orders too early and having a relapse tat requires drastic measures again. That would be worst case scenario.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
thirdcoast
AG
I assume it's the stimulus pump that give people confidence in V recovery. If we think the highs in Feb were a bit inflated already, than a good pre-CV19 valuation isn't too far off from where we are trading now. So when will bankruptcy, reduced discret spend, debt, unemployment and everything other drag on GDP be valued in?

I don't think phase 4 stimulus would be such a priority if there was a real probability of getting back to highs by this year. But maybe the Fed blacktop is that powerful!
La Bamba
AG
SPY tried 272 4x times. Bit of a pullback here.
ProgN
jj9000 said:

"2750-2800, you're three quarters of a mile, call the ball."

2750-2800 - "Roger. 2750-2800 has the ball."
McInnis 03
AG
Carlo4
AG
H is at $50 right now to add to the post.
McInnis 03
AG
Does she own enough of anything to make am oldarmy dent?

ProgN
She's loaded but she might as well save her holdings, because Doug Collins is cleaning her clock in GA.
Spaceship
AG
What do you guys think is a good re-entry point for DIS? Wait for a drop to $90 possibly?
FrioAg 00
AG
Lol.

So she sold out of the market at 3,393 S&P based on inside info...

She bought back in around 2,200...

And now she's going to "sacrifice" by selling today at 2,750 and going back to cash?

Hahaha, for every dollar she had in January she has beaten the market by 51%, and its going to be sitting there in cash. How generous of her.
ProgN
Spaceship said:

What do you guys think is a good re-entry point for DIS? Wait for a drop to $90 possibly?
$87-90
IrishTxAggie
AG
Spaceship said:

$80
gougler08
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Lol.

And now she's going to "sacrifice" by selling today at 2,750 and going back to cash?

Hahaha, for every dollar she had in January she has beaten the market by 51%, and its going to be sitting there in cash. How generous of her.
Yeah that's not an actual punishment at all...I thought you were supposed to have real penalties for insider trading?
Carlo4
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Lol.

So is this our signal to exit the markets? I mean...
McInnis 03
AG
GNMK off to the races. It hasn't been able to hold these kinds of moves. Model T play?
IrishTxAggie
AG
USO halted
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

I hope you're right. All the initial models warned about lifting the shelter orders too early and having a relapse tat requires drastic measures again. That would be worst case scenario.
Why would we stop having shutdowns until there is either a highly effective treatment or a vaccine? I think a lot of people believe that we get through wave 1 and it goes away, then life resumes. Spanish flu had 3 major waves, and the second was the deadliest. I personally think we'll relax and tighten based on cases until there is treatment and that the approach will likely be regional.

It seems to me like our primary choices are:
  • Index on saving people. Continue with "severe" shelter orders until cases are sufficiently low that contract tracing is likely to succeed at the community level while waiting for a vaccine, then very gradually resume activity; risk of lifting too early and having case increases resulting in another shutdown; downside of staying mostly closed longer is increased economic contraction that could approach depression conditions
  • Decide we've been at this long enough, index on economy and knowingly take risk to resume half to most economic activity before the all-clear signal; risk of significant infection propagation that could result in a major second wave; better for long term prospects for the country and world, more people will die. Ramp back down in a major second / third wave, ramp up quickly after peaks. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I hope I am wrong, it just feels we'll be living a relax/tighten approach for another 6-8 months or more.
gougler08
AG
Calling all Texags whales, need some volume to get through SPY 272. K thanks!
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

BB675 said:

Any plays this afternoon? PENN worked out for me today but I don't know my exit strategy. I jumped on MFA thinking it could maybe get to $2 today but that is not looking likely.
I think MFA is trending nicely. Gearing against HOD. If it breaks, I think we see 1.75 - 1.80 today.
MFA doing it. Broke the 1.64 HOD and at 1.70s now.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
khaos288
AG
Yeah, I agree. We'll relax and people will mistake that as all clear. Relapse. Shelter. Repeat.

A couple rotations of that and then we'll have a vaccine.
AnyOtherName
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

USO halted
What caused the sudden spike in volume?
khaos288
AG
gougler08 said:

Bought some puts. 280 any minute
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
AnyOtherName said:

IrishTxAggie said:

USO halted
What caused the sudden spike in volume?
Russia reportedly agreed to participate in OPEC+ deal.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

La Bamba
AG
Overstock up nearly a buck after breaking that 6.00 key level.
aeroag14
AG
think we are going all the way to 280?
ProgN
gougler08 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 1271 of 6402

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.