Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,107 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FrontPorchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tam2002 said:

What's your thought on O as far as REITS go? I'm in for a little profit now but not sure what to think about it
In a long sense or day trading?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
IrishTxAggie
AG
tam2002 said:

What's your thought on O as far as REITS go? I'm in for a little profit now but not sure what to think about it
I'm not tinkering with REITs right now after my little foray in LADR a couple weeks ago. There are a lot easier things out there to trade right now
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
Here comes the DIS $105 test
tam2002
AG
Both? I don't know
fightintxag13
AG
I sold some 4/17 $24 covered calls on MOMO last week. Today that strike price reads $23.26. I'm not sure why, but does it have something to do with the special dividend (0.76 per share) that has an ex-dividend date for today??
AgShaun00
AG
any exit strategies on MGM and WYNN. been a good run. How high?
gougler08
AG
SPY sitting on a hanging man right now...
Grown Pear
AG
Quote:

The second chart shows that 60% of the rally is driven by a short-squeeze. In a short-squeeze, short-sellers feel compelled to buy to cover. This is artificial buying, and sooner or later it exhausts itself.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/3B06F5D0-78D9-11EA-88E8-167265D730BA

Thoughts on this particular comment on recent buying?
jamaggie06
AG
It appears it was a "stock dividend", i.e. they pay in shares instead of cash, and since the total number of outstanding shares increases... the value of each share goes down. Its a like a stock split.

If you had a stock at $100. And you sold a $110 call against those shares, and then company announces a 2-1 split, you have twice as many shares, but at $50. The value of the underlying hasn't changed, so the covered calls you sold would become $55 calls.

Same thing in the "special" stock dividend. Its just amount to a weird split ratio. I'm sure there's some underlying reason to do a stock dividend, like taxes, or incentives, etc.
oldarmy1
AG
Caution on ADBE. Selling early with other stocks at $330 was the best move. It's down at $312 but not behaving like it should. They had already lowered guidance so whenever we find a top I won't be surprised to see ADBE hitting new lows.
ProgN
Grown Pear said:

Quote:

The second chart shows that 60% of the rally is driven by a short-squeeze. In a short-squeeze, short-sellers feel compelled to buy to cover. This is artificial buying, and sooner or later it exhausts itself.

I believe a significant portion of this 2 day move is short covering.
oldarmy1
AG
OVV volume
AgEng06
AG
Do you think RUBI will touch $5.00 again sometime soon, or are we past that?
jj9000
AG
Grown Pear said:

Quote:

My thoughts on any of his articles or comments is that they should be taken with a grain of salt.

He is trying to sell you a service.

Click on any of those charts and you'll see his graphs.

I'll show you what I said on 2/1/20, 2/14/30, 3/1/20, insert date (here) _______
, and if you pay me $19.99, I'll show you the rest of the analysis.
FrontPorchAg
tam2002 said:

Both? I don't know
From the Dividend Thread:

Quote:

Here is Realty Income Corps top 20 leasees:

Walgreens*6.1%
7-Eleven*4.8%
Dollar General*4.4%
FedEx*4.0%
Dollar Tree / Family Dollar*3.5%
LA Fitness 3.4%
AMC Theaters3.0%
Regal Cinemas (Cineworld) 2.9%
Walmart / Sam's Club* 2.6%
Sainsbury's (Grocery) 2.4%
Lifetime Fitness 2.1%
Circle K (Couche-Tard)* 1.9%
BJ's Wholesale Clubs1.8%
CVS Pharmacy*1.7%
Treasury Wine Estates1.7%
SuperAmerica (Marathon)* 1.6%
Kroger* 1.6%
GPM Investments / Fas Mart1.4%
TBC Corp* 1.3%
Home Depot*

The bolded companies are the ones that have been shut down during quarantine.

I think a headwind for most REITs is that a lot of commercial retail leases take a percentage of tenant sales under the rent agreement. I think some REITs will not survive.
I think it may take a hit to dividend in the short term but I'm slowly loading up for the long run.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
AgShaun00
AG
went ahead and closed the rest of my LADR position. I will take a 90% win on this trade. I will wait on the next dip and get back in. Last time I sold, it jumped 160% next day. You're welcome
oldarmy1
AG
AgEng06 said:

Do you think RUBI will touch $5.00 again sometime soon, or are we past that?
Hopefully past that and it breaks on upward so that a retrace would be between $5 and wherever it can go.

Current chart. Yellow box is initial reverse head and shoulder. See it break and move on back to near days highs which is a larger reverse H&S. Now waiting to see if energy beneath is present to break it out for a check mark upward pattern.

AgEng06
AG
Thanks! I got in at $4.28 and $4.78, but was looking to get a little bit more.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
That's awesome! Maybe we're out of the woods.
Cromagnum
AG
Saudi buying up them CCL shares. Who wants to go on a cruise wearing a hijab?
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG said:

These have the same volume today as yesterday
gougler08
AG
Cromagnum said:

Saudi buying up them CCL shares. Who wants to go on a cruise wearing a hijab?
I sold some puts yesterday...Apr 17 at $9. Premium was $0.75 so I'll take a low $8 entry point or pocket the premium
oldarmy1
AG
DIS hit $105 for sells.....you get it?
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO on the way to that $25
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yep, let it flirt around $105 for a few minutes, ended up selling for 102% profit around $104.50
Grown Pear
AG
jj9000 said:

My thoughts on any of his articles or comments is that they should be taken with a grain of salt.

He is trying to sell you a service.

Click on any of those charts and you'll see his graphs.

I'll show you what I said on 2/1/20, 2/14/30, 3/1/20, insert date (here) _______
, and if you pay me $19.99, I'll show you the rest of the analysis.

Agreed on principal - I can't stand the "gimmick" or the shows that promote "the guy who predicted the 30% crash!!" When they've been spewing it over years. Of course they're bound to be "right" but missed out on 200% returns over the time too.

Ugh or what Ackman recently did with his short positions and end of world crying bit and unloaded at huge profit now says everything's amazing buy buy buy.

Edit/ /RANT lol
oldarmy1
AG
How many have been doing the SPY straddle? Obviously a huge winner again today. Yesterday we went with closer calls and further Puts due to rally mode breakout. Today we'll need to see where we are finishing. If we get a big run up then you reverse yesterday and take calls further out by $2 and Puts closer by $2.

Example: SPY is at $275+, you'd buy the $280 calls and the $272 Puts. If we're around $270 go $1 closer on Puts. $274/$267

And if a big open tomorrow you sell the calls on the open (or have shorted against big gains overnight) because the odds would be for a flash higher pivot to the downside.

Remember its a shortened trading week so things tend to accelerate before going dead.
oldarmy1
AG
Ft.Worth_Ag said:

oldarmy1 said:

Yep, let it flirt around $105 for a few minutes, ended up selling for 102% profit around $104.50
Give this man a CEEEE-GAR

Now take 5% of whatever profits you made and buy DIS Apr 17th $115's for $0.35 (no more than this) as your fun money opportunity trade.

I'm not touching weekly on DIS again.
ProgN

ETA: He called the $5 to $10 run last time.
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO dividend $0.76/share confirmed for shareholders of record.....wait for it.....4/8/20. Ex-dividend 4/30.

So 3.4% dividend at current price.
thirdcoast
AG
I hope so! Holding some 4/17 calls
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I bought the 104p on the second retest. Working for now
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

I hope so! Holding some 4/17 calls
I'm holding the stock so I'm paddling in the same boat with you.
tk for tu juan
To add on to previous Ford comments, recall numbers the past year have been high. Now this:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32065729/2020-ford-f-150-ranger-expedition-recall/
First Page Last Page
Page 1263 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.