Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,058,427 Views | 224355 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTK guided lower a few weeks ago, and their language wasn't good. Said they tried to reduce costs on pace with revenue declines but were unsuccessful. Doesn't sound good.
oldarmy1
AG
No that doesn't. Wonder what their network of customers look like right now? Oil at $75 cures many ills. If they can survive then that would determine my interest in taking on a position. I have zero shares currently.
oldarmy1
AG
RIG showing you how to break out of resistance with gusto.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

RIG showing you how to break out of resistance with gusto.
and I'm just waiting for SDRL to finally emerge post BK and finally start to challenge them again.
tramaro1
AG
Stock trade options on Robinhood now!

oldarmy1, I need some good option tips, haha!
oldarmy1
AG
That CLF was a pure winner. Opened barely up came back to touch yesterdays high (thats when you would be buying your Call options and then took off for quick 30% ROI.
Rice and Fries
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Anyone know the chemical side of the oil industry. Is FTK worthy of a look? Based in Houston and absolutely decimated on the charts. Currently at multi-year lows. Earnings today after the bell. I know they were to introduce some new technology around surfactants but nothing of note.
I have a few Corps buddies who work in on the Chem side of the O&G, I will reach out.

They look interesting b/c $28M in total debt vs a $300M market cap, $100M in profit.
Oldarmy,

My buddy said "Stay away unless you'd rather watch your money go up flames. They are struggling hardcore, and struggling with product supply issues. They have had problems producing adequate amounts Terpene b/c of lack of oranges. Their customers have turned to other suppliers for their solvents used help remedy sludge and mud problems on rigs."

Another interesting note, I had no idea that Oranges were used in oil fields...
oldarmy1
AG
Thanks Snow! Not a fan of burning money.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Thanks Snow! Not a fan of burning money.
Agreed. There are much better uses for money.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

JD Jun 15th $38 Strike at $.92?

Risk it to $0.80, which would be the stock losing its rising low trend.

Check volume last 2 days. Also, like TEAM on the pullback for entering June 15th $65 Strike.
Ragoo
AG
tramaro1 said:

trash robinhood and sign up for tastyworks/tastytrade
watch series on Options. https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/shows/step-up-to-options
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

Check volume last 2 days. Also, like TEAM on the pullback for entering June 15th $65 Strike.
oldarmy, sorry very much a noob at options and still trying to fully grasp everything about it.

lets say I have $5k, and the price for JD is $37. I put in 1 call option (100 shares) $3,700. put my strike price in at $1 so I would sell my options at $38 (100 shares, $3,800 - 3,700 = $100 profit).

is this correct?
Ragoo
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy, sorry very much a noob at options and still trying to fully grasp everything about it.

lets say I have $5k, and the price for JD is $37. I put in 1 call option (100 shares) $3,700. put my strike price in at $1 so I would sell my options at $38 (100 shares, $3,800 - 3,700 = $100 profit).

is this correct?
no and watch videos above before buying any options. Buying options makes money 1 way (up when buying a call, down when buying a put). Selling options makes money 2 ways (down and sideways when selling a call, up and sideways when selling a put) . There are 3 ways to make money with options, ie; stock movement. Price of the stock goes up, price of the stock goes down, price of the stock stays about the same.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Watch the videos in Ragoo's link. You need a much better understanding of options before jumping in and watching them will help tremendously.
tramaro1
AG
Ragoo said:

tramaro1 said:

trash robinhood and sign up for tastyworks/tastytrade
watch series on Options. https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/shows/step-up-to-options
going to check these out, thanks!!!
Ragoo
AG
Bonus, the lady is easy on the eyes.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

is this correct?
no and watch videos above before buying any options. Buying options makes money 1 way (up when buying a call, down when buying a put). Selling options makes money 2 ways (down and sideways when selling a call, up and sideways when selling a put) . There are 3 ways to make money with options, ie; stock movement. Price of the stock goes up, price of the stock goes down, price of the stock stays about the same.
This! and what Irish said. Options are heavy leveraging of thousands of dollars of shares so you want to know how they work, all the various strategies to limit risk, when to book profits, disciplines for stop loss, etc.

A lot of people lose a lot of money on option trading so unless you have a strategy that produces a solid ROI do not be an options trader.

Take JD entered at $0.92. Currently those optionsare trading $1.04 x $1.06 so each 10 options pays $120-140 profit right now. If the market breaks out and rallies those options will give you a 100% ROI or $920 for every $920 invested but what I nearly always do is take profits at 50% ROI and then place a limit order to sell at $1.84 for 100%. I would also place a trailing stop at +20%.
what say you
Think they will ever be anything again? I bought in around $3 a share and have held through all of this.... here's hoping.
Rice and Fries
what say you said:

Think they will ever be anything again? I bought in around $3 a share and have held through all of this.... here's hoping.
From what its sounding like they may be able to if they can figure out their supply constraints, and they have low debt so its not they have any lender pressure.

It's a crap shoot to be honest, but there certainly are worse investments to be in.
what say you
At this point it feels like a free roll...
leoj
AG
Hmm. Hadn't heard much about flotek recently. Just asked a contact, heard nothing but negative things. I would think there would be better oil and gas specialty plays around.
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

Hmm. Hadn't heard much about flotek recently. Just asked a contact, heard nothing but negative things. I would think there would be better oil and gas specialty plays around.
Hello, may i introduce you to SN?

Or Perhaps RIG, LONE, WRD?

I realize that they aren't "specialty" specific, but they are fairly reasonable.
tailgatetimer10
AG
AVEO broke free, up 5%
oldarmy1
AG
The last time I mentioned a crushed energy sector stock was ATW (now bought out). Similar negativity on earnings day and then it shot up 400% over the next 4 months. Ha!

I did take a smaller than otherwise would have but am passing on this one. That said If you are holding it and the company has signaled brutal earnings then it's likely prices in and it shouldn't surprise anyone to see it move up after earnings, as long as they have cash.
oldarmy1
AG
Frisco....now that we have some run up coming how high before you see next resistance. Obvious channel mark would be the previous mid-channel top.
IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

AVEO broke free, up 5%
Loaded up on $2.5 calls with a 6/15 strike at $0.10 when it crashed yesterday... Sold a bunch of them and now I'm carrying quite a bit for free.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

AVEO broke free, up 5%
Loaded up on $2.5 calls with a 6/15 strike at $0.10 when it crashed yesterday... Sold a bunch of them and now I'm carrying quite a bit for free.
Now THIS is an excellent trade with options!
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Frisco....now that we have some run up coming how high before you see next resistance. Obvious channel mark would be the previous mid-channel top.
IDK maybe 270.8? I'm still not convinced on this breakout quite yet though. At least volume picked up with the move though.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

AVEO broke free, up 5%
Now THIS is an excellent trade with options!

gougler08
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Oil leading a charge this morning. Would be nice to get a clear signal break above clear resistance marks as Frisco has been charting.

As an owner of a lot of RDS-A stock (work for them, and a lot is relative I'm sure for you guys), I wouldn't mind it creeping up over $72 or so and selling off a lot of my position
why would you sell at 5.29% yield just on the dividend?
Asking the right question, RDS pays such a fat dividend. The company is incredibly stable and if the price goes down, your yield goes up. If the price goes up, you still get those appreciation. I would hold on to it for as long as you can.

That's why i bring up things like this to people who are smarter than me
oldarmy1
AG
GILD solid reversal intraday.....options rocking.
oldarmy1
AG
JD new intraday high.
oldarmy1
AG
MArkets new intraday high. Most stocks trending are hitting same.
oldarmy1
AG
TEAM options up to $2.35 x $2.55

Weeeeee across the board.
HoustonAg2014
AG
If anyone ended up doing the options trade on EPE congrats. I missed the boat went from 1.99 yesterday now 2.80 today. I want to cry.
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.