Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,954,953 Views | 223942 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by sts7049
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
took a position in SN this morning
Rice and Fries
pacecar02 said:

Sizable or just prospecting stake?

I am weighing in between SN and ANDX...
Rice and Fries
pacecar02 said:

But I am not sure what I like more....

The fact that SN brings in more money then their current market cap

Or

ANDX pays a fat dividend that has increased every quarter.
pacecar02
just testing the waters
Rice and Fries
pacecar02 said:

just testing the waters
Would you consider some LEAP options on SN?

I am looking and Jan '19 2020 $2 calls are ITM and are priced at $2.20.... That seems cheap compared to the Time Value
pacecar02
Ive not traded any LEAP options, so i'm probably not the best person to ask

Im really just waiting for upward movement and i'll sell calls against my underlying position, I just liked the entry point today

oldarmy1
AG
GILD trade worked on entry strategy.
Rice and Fries
pacecar02 said:

Ive not traded any LEAP options, so i'm probably not the best person to ask

Im really just waiting for upward movement and i'll sell calls against my underlying position, I just liked the entry point today

I just got in as well. Lets see where this goes.
oldarmy1
AG
TEAM getting a lot of interest. Breakout
Joseph Parrish
AG
Oil prices are pushing into the $70 range. Kinda surprised to see oil stocks all down.

https://www.up.com/customers/surcharge/wti/prices/index.htm
oldarmy1
AG
Closed out another 25% of the AMAT Call option trade.
Rice and Fries
Overall oil is down $2 today.... so that is why energy stocks are down.
FriscoKid
AG
I think we might break lower here with a target of 265.1. Maybe a 50/50 chance. The S&P is sitting on a support line and if it breaks then that would be the target. It could bounce higher though.
FriscoKid
AG

watching the price action around this arrow...And, it's bounded on the top by the descending white line.
pacecar02
and trump says we out, lets watch oil now!
HoustonAg2014
AG
I was told to check out EPE. Earnings today. Iran decision coming today. They missed bad last quarter. Could be a good options play.

Disclaimer: I don't know their business but people who do seem to be excited about it. Or they were before oil tanked this morning. Might get a better price after the tank if Iran deal stalls? Just a thought for you options guys.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Well Trump's speech just put a lot of oil stocks back in the green.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ option alerts going off mid June
Ranger222
AG
I'm in a bunch of SQ options may 18 and May 25 52.5 C and in those June 60 C you mentioned

Also BIDU

There was a big buyer of July SPY 290 and 295 call spreads....someone out there is making the big bet we rally 11% in 73 days. I'm hoping we break to the upside here as there are so many individual names with incredible charts that are breaking out of falling wedge patterns like SQ but in a mixed tape. If the general market starts going, some of these stocks are going to explode.
oldarmy1
AG
Oil leading a charge this morning. Would be nice to get a clear signal break above clear resistance marks as Frisco has been charting.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Oil leading a charge this morning. Would be nice to get a clear signal break above clear resistance marks as Frisco has been charting.

As an owner of a lot of RDS-A stock (work for them, and a lot is relative I'm sure for you guys), I wouldn't mind it creeping up over $72 or so and selling off a lot of my position
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

268.9 is what I've got. above that with force would be a breakout IMO

Pivot point R2 and MY descending triangle line are at that point.

A move about 268 would be impressive though too since that point has been rejected about 4 or 5 times already. I personally think 268 holds for today, but we are getting close to breaking out. Pre-market did get above 268 but we have faded below it for now.
oldarmy1
AG
Winning!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/trump-secretary-of-state-pompeo-heading-back-from-north-korea-with-3-released-prisoners.html
FriscoKid
AG
old chart from pg119 but this resistance still holds for now. this is 168 (SPY) we are back here again pre-market

Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

As an owner of a lot of RDS-A stock (work for them, and a lot is relative I'm sure for you guys), I wouldn't mind it creeping up over $72 or so and selling off a lot of my position
why would you sell at 5.29% yield just on the dividend?
FriscoKid
AG
pre-market price action at 268

oldarmy1
AG
Too many stocks will be at breakout levels to list. Some I've listed last few days that I took Call options on.

For under $10 you have the oil stocks and even CLF is pointing to coming off their bottom with a breakout. That is a stock historically that loves to make a run on momentum so I took a position premarket.
Rice and Fries
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

why would you sell at 5.29% yield just on the dividend?
Asking the right question, RDS pays such a fat dividend. The company is incredibly stable and if the price goes down, your yield goes up. If the price goes up, you still get those appreciation. I would hold on to it for as long as you can.
oldarmy1
AG
pacecar02 said:

You received a great volume mark on your entry day. Highest volume since January.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

pacecar02 said:

You received a great volume mark on your entry day. Highest volume since January.
i opened a small 600 share position yesterday in SN
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

pacecar02 said:

i opened a small 600 share position yesterday in SN
Whoop!

I ran some numbers on AMC and am editing this because there is some issues on productions pipeline needing to be resolved before I'd see anything meaningful on the trade front.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

It looks like the bulls are about to announce their return.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

It looks like the bulls are about to announce their return.
1st attempt rejected.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone know the chemical side of the oil industry. Is FTK worthy of a look? Based in Houston and absolutely decimated on the charts. Currently at multi-year lows. Earnings today after the bell. I know they were to introduce some new technology around surfactants but nothing of note.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Anyone know the chemical side of the oil industry. Is FTK worthy of a look? Based in Houston and absolutely decimated on the charts. Currently at multi-year lows. Earnings today after the bell. I know they were to introduce some new technology around surfactants but nothing of note.
I have a few Corps buddies who work in on the Chem side of the O&G, I will reach out.

They look interesting b/c $28M in total debt vs a $300M market cap, $100M in profit.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.