Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,385 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NRD09 said:

jj9000 said:

I'm reading about food lines in real-time. Food lines, folks.

Where? I saw a line at popeyes yesterday...
https://www.wtae.com/article/long-lines-for-emergency-food-distribution-in-allegheny-county/31980755
Carlo4
AG
I bought 20 shares of CCL at closing for my first "long" position.

ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It feels worse now, but what happens if in a couple of weeks we see Italy and Asian countries rebounding? What if we have continued good news from China and sentiment changes and takes all of this as the light at the end of the tunnel? What if oil demand begins to pick back up? What if it looks like the stimulus and bailouts will be enough to save many of the companies and jobs that would have been lost due to the shutdown? I can see the potential for long-term investors and the markets to try to jump on that instead of missing out on this downturn. The bull case is not that hard to envision. If this heads back up quickly it might not be as bad as the other market crashes. The economy might also recovery more quickly once fear is depressed and hope is restored. There are a lot of political and egotistical reasons for Trump to "fix" this if the CV-19 issues begin passing.

I don't think that's how it will go down and I'm still pretty bearish right now, but I can see the upside. That's the risk for getting too leveraged towards the downside right now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's people who ain't got **** else to do standing in line for free stuff, not bread rationing. I agree that all this fear mongering is scaring the markets though
BrokeAssAggie
MUR cuts dividends by 50%
IrishTxAggie
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

MUR cuts dividends by 50%

Surprised they didn't cut it more.
Carlo4
AG
I took it as a good sign it didn't fully cut it.
gvine07
AG
We had that whole financial meltdown in 2008 because they were offering homes with 0 down and zero checks on income because everybody assumed they would continue to go up in value. $350,000 houses were suddenly worth $150,000 or less, and the banks were in a bad spot.

They got bailed out, merged, and today you can get a 36-month long financing on a treadmill, and 84 month 0% financing on GM and Ford vehicles.

2008 should be way worse, but it doesn't seem like they fixed anything (except maybe verifying income?). If people don't get back to work soon it'll get real ugly. If we go back to work mid-May it'll be a large blip
Ragoo
AG
Good point on consumer debt default
Exsurge Domine
Mur yield will still be around 8%
Harkrider 93
AG
jj9000 said:

NRD09 said:

jj9000 said:

I'm reading about food lines in real-time. Food lines, folks.

Where? I saw a line at popeyes yesterday...
https://www.wtae.com/article/long-lines-for-emergency-food-distribution-in-allegheny-county/31980755
I don't consider that a food line. It is folks trying to get 50lbs of FREE food. It is also the same people that have nothing else to do. The government is getting money to these people.
Harkrider 93
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

It feels worse now, but what happens if in a couple of weeks we see Italy and Asian countries rebounding? What if we have continued good news from China and sentiment changes and takes all of this as the light at the end of the tunnel? What if oil demand begins to pick back up? What if it looks like the stimulus and bailouts will be enough to save many of the companies and jobs that would have been lost due to the shutdown? I can see the potential for long-term investors and the markets to try to jump on that instead of missing out on this downturn. The bull case is not that hard to envision. If this heads back up quickly it might not be as bad as the other market crashes. The economy might also recovery more quickly once fear is depressed and hope is restored. There are a lot of political and egotistical reasons for Trump to "fix" this if the CV-19 issues begin passing.

I don't think that's how it will go down and I'm still pretty bearish right now, but I can see the upside. That's the risk for getting too leveraged towards the downside right now.

S Korea and China are both showing signs of increased production. Before someone agrees with the rest of the world that they don't trust China, then trust the outsiders who estimated their PMI went from 35 to 45. They are seeing more traffic on roads, more pollution, and increased port activity in both countries.
claym711
AG
What are you using to identify 2470? I dont see much there.
leoj
AG
Trolley Problems said:

leoj said:

Just a reminder that our friend TLRA has finished the merger and now trades under the RUBI ticker.

If we're holding a long position, we should see our stock swap to RUBI sometime in the next couple of days, yes?

Yes. I'd have to find the confirmation but it should probably have already switched over.
McInnis 03
AG
Trump just threw veiled threats about fixing oil. Said he "knows how to fix it, I don't want to, but I know how to fix it" but he "thinks they will work it out in the next few days" (ksa and Russia)
IrishTxAggie
AG
That was Trump saying he told MBS to knock it the **** off or lose military aid.
ProgN
Exactly, Saudi needs our military support and Trump won't put up with them crushing our oil industry in their pissing contest. Hell, it would help our oil companies if Iran took out Saudi oil fields.
thirdcoast
AG
Futures turn green....OA must be done fishing, Model T coming soon

https://m.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
Agzonfire
Are unemployment numbers weekly? I know they came out last Thurs AM but wasn't sure if they were every week or every month. How about GDP numbers?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Monthly
ProgN
Initial jobless claims are at 7:30 am every Thursday. Non-farm payrolls are first Friday of the month.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

That was Trump saying he told MBS to knock it the **** off or lose military aid.

Bottom video
moses1084ever
AG
Purchased some June deep OTM lotto ticket puts on SPY yesterday.
claym711
AG
Wild, historic times right now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
moses1084ever said:

Purchased some June deep OTM lotto ticket puts on SPY yesterday.

Deep OTM options can actually work rather well as long as you know when to GTFO of them. I've done it a few times. Did it on IWM and SPY puts this morning.
moses1084ever
AG
Great minds think alike ;-)
thirdcoast
AG
Videos like this make me think we Model T by Friday close.

He basically says its inevitable we go lower now and head to retesting lows.

AggiePeeps06
AG

Jobless claims report tomorrow should be massive. If not, they're being understated
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's also already assumed.
AggiePeeps06
AG
What's the expectation? I haven't seen anything.
CheladaAg
AG
A lot of info out there that a lot of people haven't had success filing for benefits due to agencies being overwhelmed. I'd expect actual numbers to be higher than what will be reported tomorrow.
Proposition Joe
boyz05 said:

A lot of info out there that a lot of people haven't had success filing for benefits due to agencies being overwhelmed. I'd expect actual numbers to be higher than what will be reported tomorrow.

If you need a test you can get a test unemployment, you can get unemployment.
McInnis 03
AG
gougler08
AG
Oil up big
First Page Last Page
Page 1234 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.