Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,103,780 Views | 224589 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
george1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You are welcome.
george1992
I figured you responded to the wrong poster so we're good amigo.
BenRev09
AG
Starting to believe in the idea of MM's building momentum to sell into. Think we break and hold 260 this week to really build public confidence before pulling the rug out in the 270-280 range.
gougler08
GreasenUSA
AG
Unnamed Source said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

DIS down big at $92.75 after opening at $100.45
Indefinite park closure announcement from late Friday stings.
I think they will be positively surprised by how up their Disney+ service will be as an offset.
Canceled mine this morning, as everything I'm interested in has halted production and I have nothing to watch on it. I'm sure families with kids will remain steady with their subscriptions though.
YNWA_AG
AG
Onward comes out on Disney plus on Friday. Rumor that they might release Mulan and black widow for purchase on Disney plus as well.
McInnis 03
AG
Aside: Onward was terrible
GreasenUSA
AG
PearlJammin said:

AgEng06 said:

Got it, thanks.

So the flip side then, is there a threshold you day/quick trade guys use? Or what profit is necessary for you to feel like the deal was successful?
You have to factor in the 37% tax on short term gains. It's why OA recommends recouping your initial investment cost and keeping the gains as long term shares.

Say you bought 100 shares at $10/share for $1000.

Price goes to $15/share.

You would sell 66 shares to recoup your initial investment for further trading. Meanwhile, the other 34 shares remain for long term gain (and the lower tax requirement).

At least I think that is how this works.
Short term capital gains are taxed at your normal income tax rate. But then again, we know that all of the market manipulators that post in this thread are indeed in that top bracket.
McInnis 03
AG
My activity in this thread takes me down a few brackets for sure
gig em 02
GreasenUSA said:

Unnamed Source said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

I think they will be positively surprised by how up their Disney+ service will be as an offset.
Canceled mine this morning, as everything I'm interested in has halted production and I have nothing to watch on it. I'm sure families with kids will remain steady with their subscriptions though.

In order to replace $1.5 billion in monthly park revenue we are going to need more families!
Aggietaco
AG
gig em 02 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Unnamed Source said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

In order to replace $1.5 billion in monthly park revenue we are going to need more families!
That's only 125MM family subscriptions...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

My best three hypotheses...

1) we aren't containing the spread well enough, which actually means this thing hits hard early and runs its course. Even if that means hundreds of thousands of deaths (80% aged or co-morbitities) - while its an AWFUL human tragedy it would be better economically than a drawn out version

(2) the market is realizing that it overreacted in terms of pricing this, and even with 10% unemployment a 30%+ devaluation was too high

(3) some people are just always optimists and love a bull market (myself included). They are refusing to accept the current pricing, but will he beat into submission along the way down

More #3 than anything else in my opinion. I think S&P should be ~2200 to ~2300 right now. We have decimated the service, oil, retail, travel, and tourism industries and they will not just snap back. There will be financial issues where businesses cannot pay their leases / mortgages and someone will end up holding the bag.

To believe #2, you have to believe #1. I'm concerned we have a worst case scenario with #1 economically speaking. I think we could have either aggressively mitigated earlier and bitten the bullet to get it over with or we could have done nothing where it would have hit really hard, and then gone away. I feel like we are in a pseudo lockdown where we are slowing down our economy for a long period of time but where we are also not doing enough to significantly reduce virus spread. This feels like a situation where our response is too measured and we should pick one camp
Grown Pear
AG
Aggietaco said:

gig em 02 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Unnamed Source said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

That's only 125MM family subscriptions...
Just expanded into Europe this month I believe, further expansion there and into India in April I believe? Plus I'm betting a net increase in US subscribers.

Clearly they won't replace park revenue immediately but Disney's diversification away from the park revenue makes it such a great long term investment imo.
Brewmaster
AG
BenRev09 said:

Starting to believe in the idea of MM's building momentum to sell into. Think we break and hold 260 this week to really build public confidence before pulling the rug out in the 270-280 range.
I think so too... I think OA said this on twitter: the funds buy back in low, but they sell into this uptick (around 280 ideally), then when it drops hard they buy back in. That doesn't mean we dip more than we already have though. I think a month from now you could see a lot more positive news on Covid (as successful drugs become widely used).
12thMan86
AG
SPX had the 50 cross the 200 on the daily, today. Better known as the death cross.
12thMan86
AG
Take a look at NET. Got in this morning and nice move to the upside.
AgShaun00
AG
OMI with a big day today.
khaos288
AG
This sideways day is killing me. My contract expirys aren't even this week and they're still getting crushed.
YouBet
AG
Just checked market for today and see that we are currently up. Just wanted to thank you handful of folks on here for deciding to make it green today. Let me know if you are going to make it red later today or tomorrow so I can plan appropriately.

Thanks in advance!
La Bamba
AG
Small cap names have been working if trading. Mortgage names on Thursday, shippers on Friday and micro cap health care today. TDMI was a nice one. Sorry, I know that may not be helpful for the swing/long term guys in here, but if trading options/stocks there's lots of opportunity out there right now.
deadbq03
AG
khaos288 said:

This sideways day is killing me. My contract expirys aren't even this week and they're still getting crushed.
Me too. Past three days has been brutal for my straddle strategy. Mine are all 4/17s. I cut losses on a few today. Gonna probably hold the rest till Friday and hope we pop or drop by then.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands
YouBet said:

Just checked market for today and see that we are currently up. Just wanted to thank you handful of folks on here for deciding to make it green today. Let me know if you are going to make it red later today or tomorrow so I can plan appropriately.

Thanks in advance!

If SPY hits 260 again I'm going to take some profit. You'll recognize me by the big maroon bar that's about to hit.
McInnis 03
AG
Need Saudi to agree or gtfo
McInnis 03
AG
SPY 260 is putting up a hell of a fight today, eh?
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Don't you even flatten curves bro?
McInnis 03
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Is MRO gonna get swallowed up if this price battle is prolonged?
The January 2021 5c is about $.68.......kind of thinking a couple of those can't be a bad thing.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

YouBet said:

Thanks in advance!

If SPY hits 260 again I'm going to take some profit. You'll recognize me by the big maroon bar that's about to hit.

Ok I might have exaggerated on how big my bar was. But much like my wife you didn't find that out until you were emotionally committed.
khaos288
AG
Finally. Here we go.
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

Finally. Here we go.
You bought a SPY Put, didn't you?
george1992
McInnis 03 said:

Need Saudi to agree or gtfo
I'm cheering for a missile from the south or east to hit the Saudis right in the nuts.
khaos288
AG
I've got puts and calls depending on the position. Probably why the market is so sideways.
La Bamba
AG
Someone mentioned TEVA the other day? Looking to break resistance line here around the 8.30s.
First Page Last Page
Page 1222 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.