Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,980,579 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
OverSeas AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
gig em 02
IrishTxAggie said:

TLT 3/27 168.5C had a lot of action today.
I see you found my 4 contracts
TChaney
McInnis 03
AG
TChaney said:

I know some of you are up and some of you are down but at least you (hopefully) did not buy ZOOM instead of ZM in the last few weeks.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/sec-halts-trading-of-zoom-technologies

My boss was about to buy ZOOM when he came to talk to me. He was lucky I was already in ZM to warn him
the last of the bohemians
The 10 year and 2 year spread chart is like 1998.
tam2002
AG
Got a feeling today everything will come tumbling down. If it's another Green Day I give up
59 South
AG
If we open around and hold 2556, then there could be an explosion up to test 2700. This market is rationally irrational... if that makes any sense!

I could just be optimistic though for the sake of my weekly AAPL 262.5 calls. High risk play I got into because if it breaks the upper channel over 258 there's a lot of room to run to the 275-280 area. If you're in it, that would be the clear exit in the bounce back around the 50 EMA. 270 is the overall model T from all time high to recent low.
59 South
AG
Also to add, exit quick if you bought around 220 or under if it spikes above 270 today. That is one heck of a Monday to Friday swing if anyone entered Monday! Note though it is almost exactly spot on with S&P. Coincidence huh? 2200-2700 & 220-270.

It has digested the profit taking selling above 255 (2550 S&P another coincidence) well the past couple of days as well as the probable 5g phone delay.
Monywolf
Actually, there are 505 stocks in the S&P 500
ProgN
It'll be very telling if institutions buy into this weakness at the open.
Carlo4
AG
UK PM just announced he has CV.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk-prime-minister-johnson-tweets-he-has-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-2020-03-27?mod=home-page
gougler08
AG
Monywolf said:

Actually, there are 505 stocks in the S&P 500

So it's like the Big 10...
ProgN
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
The extra IWM buys will look pretty if these futures hold.

Thanks to a Kentucky Representative insane demand for in person vote.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The house is demanding an in person vote? Wtf is wrong with our politicians...that being said, I needed a couple stocks to move lower today to get under some covered calls I have so may work our ok for me today
Harkrider 93
AG
Thanks. I do forget how much money are in places like you mentioned. I think a day like yesterday is messing me up with how it works.

Just about every stock and bond were up yesterday. I just don't see how everyone selling one area and buying another can lead to all being up. Only cash can do that. Again, I am speaking about yesterday and in general terms.

I really appreciate all y'alls help.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

The house is demanding an in person vote? Wtf is wrong with our politicians...that being said, I needed a couple stocks to move lower today to get under some covered calls I have so may work our ok for me today
Hmmm... Could we be so lucky that the entire House comes down with it? If they can't meet after this vote that means they can't spend our money like drunken sailors.
ProgN
Cash from 401K contributions have been accumulating on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Some of that being put to work was more than likely what we saw yesterday.
jj9000
AG
Great article from Seeking Alpha

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4334256?source=ansh
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

Cash from 401K contributions have been accumulating on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Some of that being put to work was more than likely what we saw yesterday.

I read Edward Jones rebalanced $500MM yesterday at end of day.
ProgN
That move yesterday was caused by more than that.
tam2002
AG
Cruise lines finally about to fall to the floor today on the news of no bailout
Talon2DSO
AG
What's our exit point there?
claym711
AG
Have any data that supports 'institutional' buying vs 'retail' buying?
Harkrider 93
AG
Couple things I have read:

This past Tuesday was the largest single day sell from retail investors - From Jeff Saut.

As of March 23rd (likely close of market on previous Friday), the market was priced to expect 0% sales growth for the next 5 years - from Applied Capital Finance. They feel they know how to calculate that sort of thing. I think they said it was -15% for 5 years in 2008. They think the values are there. Even more so if you feel our spending gets close to where it was in Jan within 3-4 years.

CuriousAg
What the H is gonna happen today?
Carlo4
AG
that was a great article. also liked the top comment P/E evaluation at the bottom. Always good to get opinions and data.
Carlo4
AG
And I moved my 401k to 100% cash as of today. Recovered a chunk of lost gains, and now i'm going to sit back and wait.

Note - I only have like 8 options in my work 401k, so just went to money market as I think this thing will start going back down.
Hendrix
AG
Looks like a couple of my bigger positions will get called today freeing up cash over the weekend. I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.
Ragoo
AG
CuriousAg said:

massive sell off.
claym711
AG
PE & PEG for the broad market disagree with that, heavily.

Something no one is thinking about. From first neg GDP print in 08, market dropped around -40%. That happens here we will drop to the tops of the 00 and 08 bubbles, which would also be a very similar total % correction as 00 and 08. That would be around 1550.

Every retail trader and investor I know are thinking bottom is near in and it's time to start buying Big on the next dip. No one is prepared for a recessionary move.
CuriousAg
Ragoo said:

CuriousAg said:

massive sell off.
So what is a safe bet to short if I don't know how to play the options game? Sell SPXL? buy SPXS?
gougler08
AG
Speaking of 401k...I work for an O&G major and our stock is the only one that we can directly invest our 401k in to. If we retest bottoms, think that would be a good play for my 401k (or at least a portion of it)? Oil will be down a while but I don't see a major folding up in bankruptcy...
thirdcoast
AG
Enron?

First Page Last Page
Page 1209 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.