Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,139 Views | 224469 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
gig em 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So under this bill unemployed people get $1200 plus $1100 per week in unemployment? Where can I sign up??
tam2002
AG
I'm gonna hold out a bit longer to see if this bill passing will give it a bit more run but then I'll go all cash
the last of the bohemians
Sell the news...
tam2002
AG
gig em 02 said:

So under this bill unemployed people get $1200 plus $1100 per week in unemployment? Where can I sign up??

You can try calling the TWC all day like my wife who got laid off yesterday and hundreds of thousands of others today.
leoj
AG
tam2002 said:

gig em 02 said:

You can try calling the TWC all day like my wife who got laid off yesterday and hundreds of thousands of others today.

And then get in line to find a job when it runs out in 4 months are the same time as all those other people are trying as well.
12thMan86
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Looks like it's going to fail.
Watching on cspan ?
TXAG14
Bill was passed unanimously!
YNWA_AG
AG
khaos288
AG
Futures not liking the bill?
TXAG14
Why couldn't they meet tomorrow? They have to be given 24hrs notice I assume?
12thMan86
AG
Futures tanking. BOUGHT puts and sold CCS at 1 pm today. Let's see if that was a good call.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
AggiePeeps06
AG
Tanking? I'm showing down like 2% or something
BrokeAssAggie
Yes, still a long way too go.

OverSeas AG said:

so to be clear, the bill was not passed, the Senate version was. House is next. Then the must be reconciled? is this correct?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Would someone post the link for post market trading? I use CNN money (not sure why and it shows down 1% but last update was 11:31 pm). I'm interested in the best market websites for after hours if someone can help.

Thanks in advance!
gig em 02
Surely the whole reason Nancy was even involved in the senate process was to make sure it skates through the house
gig em 02
Aggiesincebirth said:

Would someone post the link for post market trading? I use CNN money (not sure why and it shows down 1% but last update was 11:31 pm). I'm interested in the best market websites for after hours if someone can help.

Thanks in advance!

If I'm just looking at a random stock I just google the ticker with the word "stock" like "txag stock" but if I'm trading I use my trading app
McInnis 03
AG
It's all nothing until jobless report tomorrow am
HoustonAg2014
AG
Oh I do that all the time but the last time stamp for like Roku is 6:30 CT. Robinhood is the same so I wasn't sure how people see if the stock market is up big or down big at 11 pm
AggiePeeps06
AG
That's pretty much baked in at this point unless it's some crazy low or high number. Isn't the expectation 3mm?
gig em 02
That's futures, I usually don't pay much attention to those because I don't trade them. Just google s&p futures
thirdcoast
AG
Here is a future dashboard

https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
GreasenUSA
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Thanks in advance!
https://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures

if you want real-time
HoustonAg2014
AG
thirdcoast said:

Here is a future dashboard

https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for.
gig em 02
tam2002 said:

gig em 02 said:

Alternatively she can go to Walmart and get hired in an hour if it's too hard to make a phone call.
leoj
AG
Nm
oldarmy1
AG
IWM puts will save the day!
tam2002
AG
gig em 02 said:

tam2002 said:

gig em 02 said:

Alternatively she can go to Walmart and get hired in an hour if it's too hard to make a phone call.

She made about 500 calls and can't get thru because the system is overwhelmed and their website is down. Also have a 3 year old and 6 month old with daycares shut down. Also not sending my wife to work at Walmart right now or anytime more than likely. Thank you for the smart ass suggestion tho
CuriousAg
I'm trying to learn something about after hours trading... ARMK for example. Closed at 19.74 yesterday and after hours bid is 15.50 and the ask is ranging from 23-27... What does this mean? Does this indicate that there is going to be a gap up to around 23-27?

I shorted at 19.50s yesterday when I thought everyone was selling off before it ticked back up the last few minutes, but now wondering if I am losing out.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Often the bid ask will straddle the close price after hours. It usually means little ah trading is happening and the issue is likely to open normally. The spread may tighten as we get closer to open. A gap would be indicated if both bid and ask are higher or lower than the close means it's actually trading that way.

Eta also a reason to not use market orders after hours.
CuriousAg
Thanks!
ProgN
OverSeas AG said:

so to be clear, the bill was not passed, the Senate version was. House is next. Then the must be reconciled? is this correct?

If there are no changes to the Senate bill in the House and it passes it goes straight to Trump's desk and bypasses reconciliation. HTH.
ProgN

When this correction is over, don't fight the Fed because of principles or you'll lose a lot of money.

ETA: Powell is saying the Fed still has plenty of ammunition.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IWM puts will save the day!
I got in those and CAT puts. Sold my AAPL, MGM, WYNN. Hopefully can get back in.
First Page Last Page
Page 1197 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.