Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,091,686 Views | 224491 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by flashplayer
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the trophy wife segment still spending? Lulu is one of my favorite stocks and is beat down pretty hard. May grab a chunk
Carlo4
AG
Somehow, Tiffany's is holding up fairly well. I can not believe it.
Carlo4
AG
What are good stocks for baby supplies? This will be a good one for end of year/2021.

ProgN

This is just an opinion piece so I'm still skeptical but it would affect the markets so I'm posting it here.
gougler08
AG
Saw 25 new posts and thought some news had dropped...guess not
ProgN
12thMan86
AG
Prognightmare said:

This is just an opinion piece so I'm still skeptical but it would affect the markets so I'm posting it here.
In your opinion, if this takes place does the market freak out and continue south?
Dave Robicheaux
AG
That would be a lot or people's opinion
ProgN
I think you'll have a spike down and the vix will spike but you'll have tradeable rallies. My plan is to remain liquid and active and work the peaks and valleys. I'm not looking for home runs just a few points in my favor. As those smaller trades build up the more cash you have to trade with and when I feel a true market reversal is here I can buy more of the longer term stocks I want.
jj9000
AG
Absolutely.

People not working --> decling economic outlook...across the board
tam2002
AG
How big of a loss is what I wonder that would create? I'm thinking about selling off what I've got in the past couple weeks and just take a couple hundred dollar loss and get back in at a better price point if it's gonna be really bad
Armyof1975
Sorry, rookie question here.

I have been reading some of this thread and what is "Model T"?
Is that a trading strategy or a stock?
Exsurge Domine
At what point do we buy puts on luv thinking a domestic travel ban is coming?
12thMan86
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

At what point do we buy puts on luv thinking a domestic travel ban is coming?
Just outright buying calls or puts is very expensive right now. Consider selling call credit spreads ( if you think market down) or selling put credit spreads (up). These have been working like magic during high volatility the last few weeks.

When the market does turn up, I'll be selling deep in the money PCS X a sheet load and buy back at 75% max profit.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
gougler08 said:

Saw 25 new posts and thought some news had dropped...guess not

Yeah there was big case of The Corona Cranky going on !!
jj9000
AG
Stimulus

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3554038?source=ansh

Quote:

Congress is finalizing a coronavirus economic relief bill that will include a one-time $3,000 payment for families and would allow the Fed to add up to $4T of liquidity to sustain the nation's economy, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Fox News Sunday.

The additional liquidity measures would allow the U.S. central bank to help a wide swath of businesses to get through the next 90 to 120 days, he said.
gougler08
AG
jj9000 said:

Stimulus

Quote:

Congress is finalizing a coronavirus economic relief bill that will include a one-time $3,000 payment for families and would allow the Fed to add up to $4T of liquidity to sustain the nation's economy, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Fox News Sunday.

The additional liquidity measures would allow the U.S. central bank to help a wide swath of businesses to get through the next 90 to 120 days, he said.

Have we seen what the income limit is going to be for the $3k? I've seen numbers all over the place
Exsurge Domine
gougler08 said:

jj9000 said:

Stimulus

Quote:

Have we seen what the income limit is going to be for the $3k? I've seen numbers all over the place

I would doubt many of us qualify. I think it's like 150k
gvine07
AG
Instead of "payment" they should say "reimbursement" or "loan with overhead and interest".

We all get to pay it back over the next thirty April 15ths
IrishTxAggie
AG
gvine07 said:

Instead of "payment" they should say "reimbursement" or "loan with overhead and interest".

We all get to pay it back over the next thirty April 15ths

This is what I've said all along. Interest free loans. $10 bi-weekly until the amount is paid back.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I saw one where it was tiered but top level was up to 99k

gvine07
AG
I'm saying that we pay the federal government, which is acting like they are paying us.

But they're $24T in debt and would have a ton of overhead giving checks to 100million+ people. Even if they made it a loan it would cost the taxpayers billions in overhead.

Long term, it's a horrible policy.
gvine07
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Wasn't it $99k or $198k as a couple? I don't think $1,000 would move the needle much for a couple making $200k
Barnyard96
AG
gvine07 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Wasn't it $99k or $198k as a couple? I don't think $1,000 would move the needle much for a couple making $200k
I'm donating whatever I get if I get it.
Ragoo
AG
barnyard1996 said:

gvine07 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

why? That isn't the purpose of the money. It is so that individuals and families will spend it thus stimulating the consumer sector of the economy.
Barnyard96
AG
Ragoo said:

barnyard1996 said:

gvine07 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

why? That isn't the purpose of the money. It is so that individuals and families will spend it thus stimulating the consumer sector of the economy.
DId I specify where I am donating?
Aggie09Derek
AG
He didn't say who he was donating to; for all you know it could be directly to a charity that gives to service industry folks who will then go right out and spend it all the end week.
Ragoo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

He didn't say who he was donating to; for all you know it could be directly to a charity that gives to service industry folks who will then go right out and spend it all the end week.
fair enough. It is more friction for the dollars before ingestion into the economy but to each their own.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I do wonder how much of that money is gonna be spent on XBOX/PS4's. People still needing to stay in and parents telling kids they can spend their allotted money.
30wedge
Ragoo said:

barnyard1996 said:

gvine07 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

It wouldn't move the needle much for a couple making $190,000 either. Or $180,000. Or $170,000.

Making a direct deposit or sending a check is a terrible way to stimulate the economy if you are hoping the recipient spends the money. Those at the upper end of the scale noted above will put it in the bank, they don't need it. Those at the bottom of the income scale will, of course. Those in the middle that could use the money but still have some income (one spouse still working, or both working on somewhat reduced hours) will likely save it out of fear of losing their job(s). If they are going this free money route, they need to put it on a debit card with a 30 day expiration and almost every dime will get spent, by rich or poor alike.
HustlerAggie
Armyof1975 said:

I've actually wondered this for awhile as well. Hopefully someone can answer you.
Hustle Harder
jj9000
AG
Oh ****!!!

Mnunchin says lockdown to last 10-12 weeks.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2020-03-22/us-coronavirus-lockdown-to-last-10-12-weeks-top-trump-official-says
Aggie09Derek
AG
How would you get each person their card though? To me that's the issue. Mail? Would have tons of people just waiting for mail delivery to steal it.
Ragoo
AG
30wedge said:

Ragoo said:

barnyard1996 said:

gvine07 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

It wouldn't move the needle much for a couple making $190,000 either. Or $180,000. Or $170,000.

Making a direct deposit or sending a check is a terrible way to stimulate the economy if you are hoping the recipient spends the money. Those at the upper end of the scale noted above will put it in the bank, they don't need it. Those at the bottom of the income scale will, of course. Those in the middle that could use the money but still have some income (one spouse still working, or both working on somewhat reduced hours) will likely save it out of fear of losing their job(s). If they are going this free money route, they need to put it on a debit card with a 30 day expiration and almost every dime will get spent, by rich or poor alike.
if my family got $3,000 to stimulate the economy we would absolutely buy something we otherwise might not.
ryanhnc10
AG
HustlerAggie said:

Armyof1975 said:

I've actually wondered this for awhile as well. Hopefully someone can answer you.

Model T is the term OA gave it, but it's just a concept that from trough to peak it may rally again after a 50% retracement and from peak to trough it may rally 50% before selling off again
First Page Last Page
Page 1167 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.