Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,523,012 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
TombstoneTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on how DIS debt offering will effect the share price?
ProgN
AggieKeith15 said:

What is everyone's opinion on Monday being a large rally?
It's based entirely on COVID-19 news and government reactions, or lack thereof. We'll have a good idea Sunday night.
ProgN
AgOutsideAustin
AG
No nerve touched, it's all good. I've had my portfolio knocked down more than 35% several times, that's what I was trying to convey. And I've never seen economic activity stop like this, not even after 9/11.
TXAG14
AggieKeith15 said:

If the stimulus isn't finalized by open Monday morning it will be a blood bath.
Mas89
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Don't think so. This hysteria won't end soon. In the Houston area and it's continuing to ramp up. More problems for more industries. The financial problems are real.
I do expect the first rally to be in oil related businesses. Either policy will change soon somewhere or Mohamed will start some unpredicted bru ha ha somewhere. But the drama will be good for the price of oil.
Barnyard96
AG
Starting to see news interviews of people pushing back against all the shutdowns and the devastating economic fallout that will occur. Hope these stories continue to gain momentum and in parallel the drug trials bare fruit. The market needs to hear a plan to return to normal life...and soon.
Fitch
AG
I'm probably a broken record with this, but these conditions (in one form or another) are probably going to last 6-8 weeks minimum.

There very likely will not be worthwhile data on whether the policies enacted last week and this week are having any effect until at least early to mid-May, just given the lag time between viral propagation, contraction, symptoms starting, testing and the time it takes for test results to be processed. Until then we're just going to be seeing the time-lagged data collection from people who are already sick or will become sick.
Cromagnum
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Starting to see news interviews of people pushing back against all the shutdowns and the devastating economic fallout that will occur. Hope these stories continue to gain momentum and in parallel the drug trials bare fruit. The market needs to hear a plan to return to normal life...and soon.

It has gotten way the **** out of hand.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Surely they are smart enough to understand that global events such as a pandemic or cyber attack could temporarily disrupt their business? I know the government will save them. They made matters worse by not having any type of cash reserves when they could have in order to temporarily inflate their stock price. But hey, their management got some great RSU uplift until they needed billions from the government after a month.
hindsight is always 20/20
gig em 02
Cromagnum said:

barnyard1996 said:

It has gotten way the **** out of hand.
The only reason the government is forcing things to shut down is because people are too stupid and too selfish to do what needs to be done without it. MGM closes their doors voluntarily but Chad and his bros wont stay in and not go to the bars. When you step back and look at it, you realize Chad and his bros are really dumb.
gig em 02
To bring it back to the stock market - if the top 100 money managers in the country liquidate their portfolios and go 100% cash, only an idiot wouldn't follow suit
Boat Shoes
AG
gig em 02 said:

To bring it back to the stock market - if the top 100 money managers in the country liquidate their portfolios and go 100% cash, only an idiot wouldn't follow suit
Did they? And how do you track that?
Brewmaster
AG
Boat Shoes said:

gig em 02 said:

Did they? And how do you track that?
exactly.
Brewmaster
AG
HYC_AG said:

Thoughts on how DIS debt offering will effect the share price?
short term dip, which will mean another nice buying opportunity.
ProgN
bmks270
AG
Fitch said:

I'm probably a broken record with this, but these conditions (in one form or another) are probably going to last 6-8 weeks minimum.

There very likely will not be worthwhile data on whether the policies enacted last week and this week are having any effect until at least early to mid-May, just given the lag time between viral propagation, contraction, symptoms starting, testing and the time it takes for test results to be processed. Until then we're just going to be seeing the time-lagged data collection from people who are already sick or will become sick.

It won't be that long. A society will break down by then, and if it does go that long we'll wake up to a government controlled economy, with permanent UBI, and we will look a lot closer to communism by rule of congress and passed laws.

Cromagnum
AG
bmks270 said:

Fitch said:

It won't be that long. A society will break down by then, and if it does go that long we'll wake up to a government controlled economy, with permanent UBI, and we will look a lot closer to communism by rule of congress and passed laws.

No it wont.
khaos288
AG
Cromagnum said:

bmks270 said:

Fitch said:

No it wont.

Agree. Even if it is 6-8 weeks or longer, America is stronger than that. Society won't dissolve and reform because of this.
badharambe
AG
Hi all!
Just wanted to plug my Monetary Mania 2020 64 pickem again. It's on a google doc so it should be easy to copy and paste who you think the winner will be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPg1Fyu37lTWN5sowLXflmArJ62R9iz_yHEFC9MJMwY/edit?usp=sharing
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
ProgN
AggieKeith15
Fitch
AG
Fitch said:

Former FDA Commissioner.

Quick summary:

• Optimistic but achievable peak is late April or early-May so long as mitigation steps are in place
  • "Down side" of the curve into June and July (new cases but decreasing number)
  • Fall is a worry and we'll need a therapeutic and point-of-care diagnostic [to prevent a second wave]

badharambe
AG
What a wild week! While I was thinking spy 237 was the level with the interesting similarities to 1998 price action, no one called me out on my bad math. It looks like 232 was the congruent level. This level is holding pretty well with a "flash panic" below it. I have now turned bearish on this theory (which might be an indication of itself). Because of this reason:

Bob Knights Paper Hands
AnyOtherName said:

Rookie just got owned. Anyone have a book I can read that teaches you how not to be a jackass.

Happens to everyone. I'm still kicking myself for not selling all those CX calls after their last earnings. Minimize losses. Somehow no matter how many times you say it you are still prone to inserting your head up your butt on occasion.
Rhodehouse
Chipotlemonger said:

Can you work remotely? Just go now, if you can.
This
khaos288
AG
Going to buy a handful of spy 200 puts for 3/27 on Monday. Thursday the DOL releases official unemployment numbers for the first time since the chaos.
leoj
AG
khaos288 said:

Going to buy a handful of spy 200 puts for 3/27 on Monday. Thursday the DOL releases official unemployment numbers for the first time since the chaos.

Started the day at .91, ended at 2.73. 28.5k oi and 43.5k volume. Worth a lotto at this point. They hit 6.4 on the 18th.
98PercenterAg
AG
No good news on the Hill Re: Stimulus package

https://apple.news/AYxUjIShFSsy3SzbdcIAxIA
moses1084ever
AG
Indonesia is moving forward with Chloroquine and Avigan for Covid:

https://indonesiaexpat.biz/featured/jokowi-orders-coronavirus-medicine/

AnyOtherName
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

AnyOtherName said:

Rookie just got owned. Anyone have a book I can read that teaches you how not to be a jackass.

Happens to everyone. I'm still kicking myself for not selling all those CX calls after their last earnings. Minimize losses. Somehow no matter how many times you say it you are still prone to inserting your head up your butt on occasion.
RIP Kenny

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run...

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for is to die
in your sleep"
McInnis 03
AG
moses1084ever said:

Indonesia is moving forward with Chloroquine and Avigan for Covid:

https://indonesiaexpat.biz/featured/jokowi-orders-coronavirus-medicine/

Avigan is da real mvp
ProgN
Cuomo and NJ governor set to make major announcements later on this morning.
Cromagnum
AG
Prognightmare said:

Cuomo and NJ governor set to make major announcements later on this morning.

Bloomberg has it and bought up all the Chloroquine to swim around in it Scrooge McDuck style?
First Page Last Page
Page 1164 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.