Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,705 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by cryption
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
PN you used FTR in one of your posts earlier, I couldn't figure out if that was an acronym for someone or if you were playing with my second favorite penny stonk...which happened to run 234% right before close!?
ProgN
FTR = For the record
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Close enough....
Another big bite of VTI today.
Next up around Dow 18,150 or so.

Adult beverage time lads.
cjo03
AG
NRD09 said:

PN you used FTR in one of your posts earlier, I couldn't figure out if that was an acronym for someone or if you were playing with my second favorite penny stonk...which happened to run 234% right before close!?

that's it... I'm going to buy LOL, LMAO, BRB, and FML right now!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
lol...what's WTFs EPS?

don't worry those last 5 minutes are literally the only positive thing to happen to FTR in the couple years I've been wasting my money on them
cjo03
AG
dang it... I missed WTF!
Oyster DuPree
AG
AnyOtherName said:

Rookie just got owned. I will remember this day for the rest of my life.

Me not wanting to get out at a $200 loss so I wait until my computer lags and end up losing $1500. Anyone have a book I can read that teaches you how not to be a jackass.

I don't, but if you want a copy of the book on how to be the biggest jackass, I wrote it and can autograph a copy for you
Aggie09Derek
AG
AnyOtherName said:

Me not wanting to get out at a $200 loss so I wait until my computer lags and end up losing $1500. Anyone have a book I can read that teaches you how not to be a jackass.

Playing options?

Not the best idea for people who don't know what they are doing and if a $1500 loss is killer.
gougler08
AG
Just had a supplier email me that they're hearing of nationwide shutdown (except for business critical items) on Sunday...yay for more rumors
Barnyard96
AG
I'm a supplier. Would you like for me to email you that its not true?
ProgN
AnyOtherName said:

Don't worry bud, we've all been there. Also, the physical and mental pain you're feeling just taught you a lesson that you'll remember over anything you could learn from a book.

Trial by fire is painful but the scars give you experience

Monday starts a new week and you can always make the $1,500 back

Gig'em
ProgN
barnyard1996 said:

I'm a supplier. Would you like for me to email you that its not true?
We've found Irish's blow dealer.
aggiepaintrain
AG
National Guard has been called up in Texas.

Trump said today we were NOT going to do a national quarantine though.

Perhaps sending them to Padre.

FJB
ProgN
AnyOtherName
AG
Nope. Lost it on WTRH. They were up massive along with Blue Apron all week and I guess I got caught up in the fire dump. Was waiting for it to turn around and all I saw was red.
Post removed:
by user
AnyOtherName
AG
I appreciate it. This stuff is fun. Thankfully I just lost a little less than I made yesterday. Still in the green my first week in the game, so I consider it all a win. Learned a lot of things this week just following this board and getting my feet wet. Hoping I can stick around for a while.
ProgN
The market is pricing in every company guiding lower.

The bright side is that with lower numbers in Q3, Q4, we could be set up for a massive year end rally with all the fed liquidity.
ProgN
AnyOtherName said:

I appreciate it. This stuff is fun. Thankfully I just lost a little less than I made yesterday. Still in the green my first week in the game, so I consider it all a win. Learned a lot of things this week just following this board and getting my feet wet. Hoping I can stick around for a while.
Best thing to do in a correction is don't get greedy and sometimes taking a little hickey to reload for another move is the right move. Get in, if you're happy with being up 2 points like you thought you would be before you placed the trade, then do it. Who cares if it runs 10 more, because it can drop 15 the next day. Stay mobile and liquid until the vix gets A LOT lower. JMO
Touchless
AG
brd79 said:

Prognightmare said:

brd79 said:

Prognightmare said:

brd79 said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm going long DIS and RH, stock not options, at the close.

I've been watching for your advice about the $100 call under $7. Not doing it anymore?
Out to 7/17 you won't get hurt in those options

Yep
I bought the 7/17 95c @ $9.50.

I bought 7/17 100c @ $7.19
Question on this. Why would one choose the the $100 @ $7.19 which is an effective strike price of $107.19 vs the $95 @ $9.50 which is an effective strike price of $104.50? I'm sure that wording isn't correct as well, but I'm assuming you understand what I'm referring to.

I'm trying to figure out which option strike price to go with at times and the premium obviously effects it, but is it best to just go with the lowest overall combination of the two? I would assume the lowest possible profit point would be best, but the lower premiums also have their own advantages obviously.
AgShaun00
AG
one of my workers in the national guard got a call from a military buddy saying the same thing about the nationwide thing.

They have to give companies days to get their crap in order. This should be done at the state level
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Prognightmare said:

The market is pricing in every company guiding lower.

The bright side is that with lower numbers in Q3, Q4, we could be set up for a massive year end rally with all the fed liquidity.

Disagree somewhat on the pricing in part. I think when it all shakes out and the actual reports come in the companies will get hammered.
jj9000
AG
Illinois on lockdown:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/illinois-governor-stay-at-home-order-set-to-take-effect-saturday-2020-03-20?mod=bnbh
claym711
AG
Nasty day. Lower we go. The 2014-2016 market tops are about to be tested.
Aggie09Derek
AG
AnyOtherName said:

Nope. Lost it on WTRH. They were up massive along with Blue Apron all week and I guess I got caught up in the fire dump. Was waiting for it to turn around and all I saw was red.
Gotcha - sorry man
ProgN
nvm
Post removed:
by user
AggieKeith15
AG
I wonder if Delta is trying to sweeten the water on Stimulus by releasing those numbers.
ProgN
AggieKeith15 said:

I wonder if Delta is trying to sweeten the water on Stimulus by releasing those numbers.

I suspect they all are.
Baby Billy
AG
I think historical bear market averages have to be considered at some point. We've already eclipsed the average (about 30%).

Unless this is significantly worse than anything else we've ever seen, I can't see it going much lower than Dow 17,000.

A month ago, we were all expecting a relatively positive year because the fundamentals were good. That's all changed now, but not THAT much
Post removed:
by user
Aggie_2463
AG
Just noticed $865 in fraudulent charges on my CC.... still on hold with Wells fargo after 30 minutes, and have never had to wait before....I hate you COVID19!
the last of the bohemians
The only thing that stops the domino effect of almost all states closing down is the FDA giving the thumbs up for the anti malaria drug. If that happens over the weekend, complete economic forecasts game changer.
Somehow I have no confidence we hear FDA approval in the next week which will be devastating to the market.
the last of the bohemians
That being said, Lowe's is packed all over the state.
And has been deemed a store that should stay open, so why is it in free fall?
Any takers on going long that one?
First Page Last Page
Page 1162 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.