Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,520,002 Views | 223293 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Buying far OTM strangles on the day VIX hit all time high, the day before quad witching Friday, has low probability of success.
They've normalized now finally. For just a weird minute there positive didn't move and negative did. Positive is now up 40%. Positive was very close to ITM too. Only the put was far OTM
Aggie_2463
AG
Damn United Airlines

Moved some money in my trading account yesterday was liking that $21 range, today? $30 up 40% well F me
Harkrider 93
AG
Ragoo said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

The market being up today makes no sense. Things haven't gotten better, no cure on the horizon, no economic stimulus agreed on yet. All I can figure is some profit taking going on
or maybe the initial sell off was an overreaction?
and that the market usually goes up before good news and before most think it will

there are still some things I see traders cautioning on (like VIX still above 200day ma), so I wouldn't run in if you are nervous
aggiedaniel06
AG
All I can tell you is, Yes.
Harkrider 93
AG
if serious, thanks

if not, funny!

E
AG
Get it together CX!
aggiedaniel06
AG
Not joking at all.
Aggie_2463
AG
PROG - Can I avg down on RIG now at $1.14
aginlakeway
AG
tam2002 said:

WYNN has shot up. I bought a bunch at 55 the other week and thinking about dumping it and getting back in on the next big drop
59.58 USD +13.00

What an amazing turnaround.
AggieKeith15
AG
XOM is still down today. Just imagine how up we'd be if news came out on a deal with SA and Russia!
bmks270
AG
AgShaun00 said:

anyone selling friday expecting news to dump the market monday or hedge with SPY puts?

I just sold mgm to take 35% off the table and get back into cash. Seems like more and more states are doing a full closure.

I know with PA and CA closing states scares us in construction in tx.

I'm thinking about hedging with puts, but nothing is certain because a cure could come out Sunday and Monday jump up 10%, or some crazy bad news could come out of NYC like they are out of hospitals beds, and the traders and bankers in NYC sell off since they are in the middle of it.

If good news comes out any long Puts are going to have insane volatility crush and negative delta. I'm just wait and see mostly, not confident in any play.
Andy07
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

I work in the financial services industry. I am getting a ton of emails from financial firms (have retail and institution clients) like American Funds, Goldman Sachs, etc.

One email mentioned that they are hearing there is a big push to make Saudi Arabia and Russia to negotiate a deal ASAP.

I said the above because while it is still a rumor, these companies don't send something that is an internet rumor.

It also doesn't mean anyone is really trying or that either country will make a deal.

Curious if anyone is hearing the same from good sources.

It was on the front page of the WSJ... https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-considers-intervention-in-saudi-russia-oil-standoff-11584636054
ProgN
Aggie_2463 said:

Only O&G related stocks I might even consider is XOM and CVX, but so many better opportunities in other industries.

FTR, I just went to all cash except the 7/17 calls I own, just in case some bad news hits over the weekend. It seemed like a good time to book profits and have a stress free weekend.
khaos288
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

XOM is still down today. Just imagine how up we'd be if news came out on a deal with SA and Russia!
I'll throw some money at that rumor
Boat Shoes
AG
Andy07 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

I work in the financial services industry. I am getting a ton of emails from financial firms (have retail and institution clients) like American Funds, Goldman Sachs, etc.

One email mentioned that they are hearing there is a big push to make Saudi Arabia and Russia to negotiate a deal ASAP.

I said the above because while it is still a rumor, these companies don't send something that is an internet rumor.

It also doesn't mean anyone is really trying or that either country will make a deal.

Curious if anyone is hearing the same from good sources.

It was on the front page of the WSJ... https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-considers-intervention-in-saudi-russia-oil-standoff-11584636054

XOP calls?
The Blue Goose
AG
I took a pretty small position of UAL at 21 earlier this week. Got our today at ~29. Not bad for a couple days. I would bet we can do it again in the coming weeks, but getting in lower like 17-18...
bmks270
AG
khaos288 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

I'll throw some money at that rumor

Buy the rumor sell the news.
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Only O&G related stocks I might even consider is XOM and CVX, but so many better opportunities in other industries.

FTR, I just went to all cash except the 7/17 calls I own, just in case some bad news hits over the weekend. It seemed like a good time to book profits and have a stress free weekend.
Finneeeeeee

ProgN
Cuomo just basically said NY is locked down without saying lockdown.

AANNNNNNDDDD, the market tanks.
Aggie1391
If I'm okay with having to buy an airline stock at a certain price, would it be a good idea to buy calls a month or two out, and sell a put for next week?
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

I bought more of the 1/15/21 $50C at $1.4. I've flipped them for ~50% twice now in the last two weeks
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

Cuomo just basically said NY is locked down without saying lockdown.

AANNNNNNDDDD, the market tanks.
Ok how bout now at $1.07
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Cromagnum
AG
Everything reversing course sharply after that initial rally.
ProgN
You crack me up.
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

You crack me up.

I can't get my damn GIFS to work
Carlo4
AG
71 million in 3 states on "lockdown"
tam2002
AG
Just bought more XOM
Cromagnum
AG
If I buy anymore O&G it's going to be Chevron for awhile.
ProgN
spud1910
AG
tam2002 said:

Just bought more XOM
I did too. We shall see.
Boat Shoes
AG
spud1910 said:

tam2002 said:

Just bought more XOM
I did too. We shall see.

Made multiple buys of XOM in the last two weeks.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
doubled up (averaged down) on my XOM calls today too. Also bought more TPL
eta: I'm doing 4/17 $45
ProgN
WH task force briefing on tap.
Cromagnum
AG
All the signs of a classic (lately) strong Friday open and crash at close.
First Page Last Page
Page 1157 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.