Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,593 Views | 224596 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by McInnis 03
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Here comes the sell off. Still no confidence in the market. People are taking profits before the close.

Very true.
gougler08
AG
BT1395 said:

LADR implosion?????
Looks like another fund must have dropped it...same pattern as yesterday with huge red candles for 5-10 minutes
McInnis 03
AG
LADR just dumped again. $4.07 now
Talon2DSO
AG
BT1395 said:

LADR implosion?????

Yay! I set a limit for $2.75 so maybe I can pick these up on the cheap
thirdcoast
AG
classof2019 said:

What about the cruise lines? They have taken a pounding...heard carnival is offering up ships as floating hotels or hospitals which Im sure wont be free...plus trump has mentioned them a few times about being supportive of them

The biggest question, moreso for BA, is does the bailout go in form of a ch11 restructuring by gov regulators or something that allows common SH to ride along. This is the battle between GOP and Dems going on now.

When I see billionaires go out of their way to pretend to be concerned about paying workers instead of doing stock buybacks, I assume they are shorting these companies....which makes me cautious. Airlines are immediately more critical to economy than cruise lines and theme parks IMO.
McInnis 03
AG
bought more on that dip (LADR)
Aggietaco
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Lots of buying here as well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggietaco said:

McInnis 03 said:

Lots of buying here as well.
Closed at 4.46. I'm holding a good bit of the 8/21 7.5C with a avg. of about .48
khaos288
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Anybody use Manic Trading and pay for Premium?

Based on their performance, I may be tempted to jump on it for a month just to play this volatility
They've been good for me this year, even through the corona stuff. Let me know if you join and I can get a referral bonus.

I'm joining Manic
You'll like it. Goog and tsla calls paid pretty well today. We're holding an AMD strangle that expires next week.
RebAg13
AG
What made CZR jump way more than the other vegas stocks?
Aggie09Derek
AG
PENN up 35% today

Guess they may not be vegas though
Alta
AG
Any thoughts on Energy ETFs right now? Thinking about purchasing VDE.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Any real difference between that and XLE?
IrishTxAggie
AG

This is what happens when you take the booze away from the Micks!
Ag13
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

PENN up 35% today

Guess they may not be vegas though
They own at least two in Vegas: The M, Tropicana

That stock has been hit HARD since this all started
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This is what happens when you take the booze away from the Micks!

I died when I saw that. Literal perfect humor
jbeck3487
AG
khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Anybody use Manic Trading and pay for Premium?

Based on their performance, I may be tempted to jump on it for a month just to play this volatility
They've been good for me this year, even through the corona stuff. Let me know if you join and I can get a referral bonus.

I'm joining Manic
You'll like it. Goog and tsla calls paid pretty well today. We're holding an AMD strangle that expires next week.

What did you pay for your calls and puts? I liked the idea but executed it differently.

I got 38p for 1.8
45c for 1.14

I should've wait another 15 minutes and my calls would've been much cheaper.
khaos288
AG
I got the 35p for 1.09 and the 45c for 1.39.

Definitely should have waited 10 minutes for the calls lol
claym711
AG
I have a custom macro indicator that I use to time rebalancing in my IRA. It's what I used to exit in January.

It flipped green today which tells me we are beginning a bottoming process - could take months.

What's I find odd is that we haven't even come close to the values that this indicator touched in 2008. 2008 went 200% lower at the peak low in this indicator in oct 2008, and price found an eventual low in March 2009.

What that tells me is that IRAs on this dip have not been moved to cash - though I have not yet pulled up fund outflows.
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03
AG
The trading "services" like Manic, Hidden Pivots, Wall St. Jesus, etc, they all make me skeptical. I mean, if they're as good as they claim, wouldn't they just sit at home and do this all day and not have to sell the information?
YNWA_AG
AG
Free income on the side. Why would you not sell this information.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The trading "services" like Manic, Hidden Pivots, Wall St. Jesus, etc, they all make me skeptical. I mean, if they're as good as they claim, wouldn't they just sit at home and do this all day and not have to sell the information?
If I were good at DD and trading, and could have 150 people give me100$ a month to just tweet my positions, I would 100% do it.

It's extra capital to trade with, and more guaranteed than good/bad trading months. It's a genius business model actually. I personally don't have time to DD levels for 15 different stocks. If someone else does and we can both profit? Heck of an enterprise.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
anybody join me on crwd earnings? They killed it, up 20% ah
Unfortunately I sold all my 52.5 calls during run up and FOMO'd into one 60c with the last $5 in my account right before close (all expiring tomorrow). I suck at this
Old School Brother
tiny classified ads from my one bedroom apartment
gougler08
AG
NRD09 said:

anybody join me on crwd earnings? They killed it, up 20% ah
Unfortunately I sold all my 52.5 calls during run up and FOMO'd into one 60c with the last $5 in my account right before close (all expiring tomorrow). I suck at this
Even your 52.5's would have been tough if expiring tomorrow...time decay would have eaten away the big run up since they are only still right below 50
deadbq03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It actually helps their trading too. They can profit when their subscribers follow their advice and cause a bump or dip in prices.

I fully believe there's folks on this thread who do that too. I don't think they're malicious about it (they truly do enter the position they're pumping and they truly do want to help us out), but I also think they're fully aware of the side-benefit of sharing advice. Maybe I'm giving the purchasing power of folks on here too much credit, but I can think of a few cases where someone makes a very specific call and that call jumps hard.
IrishTxAggie
AG
deadbq03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

It actually helps their trading too. They can profit when their subscribers follow their advice and cause a bump or dip in prices.

I fully believe there's folks on this thread who do that too. I don't think they're malicious about it (they truly do enter the position they're pumping and they truly do want to help us out), but I also think they're fully aware of the side-benefit of sharing advice. Maybe I'm giving the purchasing power of folks on here too much credit, but I can think of a few cases where someone makes a very specific call and that call jumps hard.

The Market Makers of TexAgs...

I'm not one of them.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There more I think about it I think you're right. Made 25% on the runup and still have a lotto in case it decides to go Tesla tomorrow. Don't guess I can complain about that
Aggie1391
Are you trading with a large amount of money? I'm tempted to try it for a month, but not sure it would be worth it if I only have $2k in my "gambling" account
jbeck3487
AG
IMO, that's the perfect account to follow them in a normal market situation. I was in a similar situation in the fall and made good money following their calls.

However, right now they're in and out of positions so much that you will hit the pattern day trade limit if you do every single trade. That's the position I'm in currently since I don't have $25k in my account. It makes me have to pick and choose which trades to follow and lately I've picked all the wrong ones.
khaos288
AG
jbeck3487 said:

IMO, that's the perfect account to follow them in a normal market situation. I was in a similar situation in the fall and made good money following their calls.

However, right now they're in and out of positions so much that you will hit the pattern day trade limit if you do every single trade. That's the position I'm in currently since I don't have $25k in my account. It makes me have to pick and choose which trades to follow and lately I've picked all the wrong ones.
Switch to TDA
khaos288
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Are you trading with a large amount of money? I'm tempted to try it for a month, but not sure it would be worth it if I only have $2k in my "gambling" account
I started trading with 2k this year. I was buying 1-2 contracts at a time, and selling at +40% gains. I did very well.
WestTexAg12
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Only about a grand. But it's only $149 a month. Khaos may be able to speak on what he does, but they seem to do well enough if you stay disciplined to easily pay for your subscription
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Aggie1391
So do they focus on stocks with lower premiums? And how far out are the calls and puts? I'm trying to determine if it's worth it if I start with a small amount of cash, and can't pay a ton of attention to the market most days
First Page Last Page
Page 1152 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.