Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,121,358 Views | 224620 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Hey Khaos, buy a put real quick on the SPY, I need a rally to close the day. kthxbai
I was going to do it as a gag, but holy **** any put above 200 premium is INSANE
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Hey Khaos, buy a put real quick on the SPY, I need a rally to close the day. kthxbai
I was going to do it as a gag, but holy **** any put above 200 premium is INSANE
You didn't see the sign "OA Class only beyond this point"?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That Disney though
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
so my calls on svxy...should go up as vix drops, but the iv/premium should go down as vix drops?
Never thought about it that way...oops!
Carlo4
AG
VIX drops below 70.3 or so... look out for a market rally to close out?
TXAG14
Need SPY to bust through 246. Been fighting it all day!
AggieKeith15
AG
Thank you Drey or Dre, cant remember which, for the tip on SYY! Also all those who pointed out LADR!
McInnis 03
AG
VIX must be easing for the day, my VXX is down down down
BT1395
AG
Cromagnum said:

I get that Amazon is good, but it's a lot of damned money for 1 share. I avoid stocks like this because it feels like you are gambling 100x the money vs your return if it hits.
I couldn't care less about the literal price of a share of stock. What I do care about is the potential value of that one share (regardless of the price) with respect to earnings. In other words, what am I getting for my little piece of ownership in the company and what is that worth to me? That's why ratios like P/E multiples are helpful. They're not the whole story (especially in growth situations), but they help calibrate and normalize price tags on stocks.
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

In Houston it's like hardly anything is going on. Traffic is lighter but Thai massage parlors and CrossFit still open .
My friend said they closed their CrossFit place because they tried to implement the "social distancing" and it was a cluster ****. I'll just go for jogs on the Heights Trail.
Went for a jog in the heights after work yesterday and holy crap... I usually run over on the trail but there was 25X the people out and about walking/jogging.

I've run over there for a year and never seen anything like it.
Talon2DSO
AG
I got a couple SPY puts expiring tomorrow so I'm hoping for a strong rally today then hard drop tomorrow. I just keep buying puts as the SPY moves up.
AggiePeeps06
AG
There has to be an end of day sell off coming. No way people are going to hold shot term positions over night.
gougler08
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

In Houston it's like hardly anything is going on. Traffic is lighter but Thai massage parlors and CrossFit still open .
My friend said they closed their CrossFit place because they tried to implement the "social distancing" and it was a cluster ****. I'll just go for jogs on the Heights Trail.
Went for a jog in the heights after work yesterday and holy crap... I usually run over on the trail but there was 25X the people out and about walking/jogging.

Gotta do something I guess
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
khaos288
AG
OverSeas AG said:

So will I have a lot of stocks, I am looking to buy some ETFs for my IRA.

Thinking something like QQQ, SPY, etc. For broad exposure to the S&P. Some growth ETFs, maybe even a smaller exposure to aggressive growth. I have 10ish to 12 more years before retirement.

Just wanting to get some thoughts from folks on ETFs they like.

huge fan of SPHD
aggiedaniel06
AG
Ready for a 100 point rally into close?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

It's because everyone is off of work. Seeing as there are so many people that appear to be in the Heights area around here, should try for a happy hour at Bobcat's after this **** is over.
Jack Pearson
AG
What about the cruise lines? They have taken a pounding...heard carnival is offering up ships as floating hotels or hospitals which Im sure wont be free...plus trump has mentioned them a few times about being supportive of them
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
TSN, +25%, wow. Biggest candle I can find on that chart going back 10+yrs.

Somebody be grillin'
khaos288
AG
I have calls and puts. Market is confused.
McInnis 03
AG
Realllllllllly thinking about selling some ITM puts here before close on some things I'd like to get assigned......especially if the bottom falls out here in the last 30 min
Shiner Bock
AG

Gonna take a nibble on these
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

It's because everyone is off of work. Seeing as there are so many people that appear to be in the Heights area around here, should try for a happy hour at Bobcat's after this **** is over.
Hey I am in. Would love to put some usernames with some faces.
WestTexAg12
AG
khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Anybody use Manic Trading and pay for Premium?

Based on their performance, I may be tempted to jump on it for a month just to play this volatility
They've been good for me this year, even through the corona stuff. Let me know if you join and I can get a referral bonus.

I'm joining Manic
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Pignorant
AG
State Deparment just went to Level 4 travel advisory.
jj9000
AG
The Pilot
AG
Pignorant said:

State Deparment just went to Level 4 travel advisory.
For the USA?
AggieKeith15
AG
Looks like it was announced a couple hours ago. Just read it myself, but it should be known info by now.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Holding some 3/23 SPY 265 calls...made some good money on 235 puts yesterday but not sure what to do about these. I would be about breakeven on the strangle I built if I sold and am worried about theta decay but curious if we will get another Friday afternoon rally. Any thoughts?
BT1395
AG
LADR implosion?????
98PercenterAg
AG
Any way tomorrow is green? Or another dump
fightintxag13
AG
Here comes the sell off. Still no confidence in the market. People are taking profits before the close.
Ryan34
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Holding some 3/23 SPY 265 calls...made some good money on 235 puts yesterday but not sure what to do about these. I would be about breakeven on the strangle I built if I sold and am worried about theta decay but curious if we will get another Friday afternoon rally. Any thoughts?

When's the last time we had 2 days in a row in the green? Even now market is selling off towards close.
GarlandAg2012
AG
True, but look at the last 3 fridays...
First Page Last Page
Page 1151 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.