Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,935 Views | 224603 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Spoony Love
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There goes the mouse
UpstateAg
AG
In laws FA called today after a 100k loss and said he advises them to take all money out of the market. They are seven years from retirement. Same guy who had them throw the kitchen sink in the market two months ago.
khaos288
AG
Swinging COF goog and sphd today
Touchless
AG
I just bought my first option. SPY 3/20 245C. Baby steps over here.
jj9000
AG
UpstateAg said:

In laws FA called today after a 100k loss and said he advises them to take all money out of the market. They are seven years from retirement. Same guy who had them throw the kitchen sink in the market two months ago.
No way!! Man, I'm sorry to hear that.
Cromagnum
AG
UpstateAg said:

Tell them to punch that guy in the mouth and wait.
aginlakeway
AG
aginlakeway said:

WYNN was 136 on 2/19

Now 38.97 -4.05

I may keep buying it. Started buying at 48 or so.
LOL

Now 48 +5

I bought more at 39 this morning.

Insane.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

Did they do it?

Their "adviser" is going to look extremely foolish IMO.
McInnis 03
AG
AND OFF THEY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ProgN
Prognightmare said:

I think we go green
TXAG14
Buyers everywhere!
HustlerAggie
China is reporting no new cases of the coronavirus for the first time since the outbreak.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-reports-no-new-domestic-coronavirus-infections-for-the-first-time-since-outbreak-started-11584611233

Might be some light at the end of the tunnel...
Hustle Harder
fightintxag13
AG
aginlakeway said:

aginlakeway said:

WYNN was 136 on 2/19

Now 38.97 -4.05

I may keep buying it. Started buying at 48 or so.
LOL

Now 48 +5

I bought more at 39 this morning.

Insane.
I did the same. Wish I would have bought more now.
McInnis 03
AG
That Uber 16P that was ITM today was still priced the same as yesterday for hte most part now that the stock is at 19. Had to close that and wait for the puts to catch up to the underlying behavior.
fightintxag13
AG
TSLA has a rocket up its ass this morning too.
aginlakeway
AG
I bought some at 48 and at 39. A lot more at 48 than at 39 unfortunately. But I think WYNN sees 100 early summer, regardless of what happens in next few hours or days or weeks.
Aggietaco
AG
So much for my $81 DIS order going through.
Cromagnum
AG
Prognightmare said:

Prognightmare said:

I think we go green

Dont look now.
Exsurge Domine
Okay I probably shouldn't have done this but I did.

I bought some calls on Disney at 94 expiring tomorrow for 2.66/ea.

What do I do
Bird Poo
AG
Took a large position with SDC @ $4.00 this morning.
bmks270
AG
Aggietaco said:

Can someone fill me in on why people are high on Disney.

No sports (ESPN Content)

Worldwide Disney has tons of hotels and restaurants with no traffic right now, and what might be a slow return of customers.

Movie theaters are closed so there will be a drag on their films or delayed film releases.

Tons of layoffs and increased unemployment, Disney relies almost exclusively on consumer discretionary spending. I'd expect to see decline in all of their income streams from parks, to merchandising.

They also have a cruise line.

I just don't see how Disney is a sure bet, it seems this environment and this pandemic would be a nuclear bomb to their revenue.

Maybe as a gamble sure, but I think there are other industries that you can have higher confidence of bouncing back than Disney.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Do you think Disney will be higher by 10% year over year 5 years from now?

You may not scoop the bottom but do you think Disney is a company that won't ever recover because of this?

If Disney isn't up to it's all time high 5 years from now I would be shocked. That is a 100% return from its $80 low. Hell it could get there by next year after this blows over.
Carlo4
AG
Wynn fell 87% during the last financial crisis. We are at about 68% now. I think we all know it will bounce back and then some when things are full force, but I'm still waiting a little longer.

Edit - numbers based on when price was $48. At $38, this was a 75% drop.
Cromagnum
AG
bmks270 said:

Aggietaco said:

Can someone fill me in on why people are high on Disney.

No sports (ESPN Content)

Worldwide Disney has tons of hotels and restaurants with no traffic right now, and what might be a slow return of customers.

Movie theaters are closed so there will be a drag on their films or delayed film releases.

Tons of layoffs and increased unemployment, Disney relies almost exclusively on consumer discretionary spending. I'd expect to see decline in all of their income streams from parks, to merchandising.

They also have a cruise line.

I just don't see how Disney is a sure bet, it seems this environment and this pandemic would be a nuclear bomb to their revenue.

Maybe as a gamble sure, but I think there are other industries that you can have higher confidence of bouncing back than Disney.

Disney isn't going anywhere. Their financial sheet is gonna be ugly for the first half of the year for sure, but they will bounce right back.
ProgN
Disney is one of the most widely held stocks by institutions. The amount of cash that has accumulated on the sidelines this past month is massive. That money has to be put to work. Everyone LOVED the mouse at 150 and then the market priced in armageddon and it dropped to 80.
bmks270
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

You may not scoop the bottom but do you think Disney is a company that won't ever recover because of this?

Okay, yes, but MSFT and google and Apple have done like 20%+ YOY for the past few years, and Id be looking at software and tech for growth. Disney will lag for as long as this virus hangs around. I'd be waiting for a cure or treatment to come out before touching anything in hospitality.

ProgN
Sold my DIS calls and will watch the market for a bit.
Aggietaco
AG
Disney+ also expanding to EUR and India this month will help offset some of their losses.
Exsurge Domine
So my call is in the money now, at 94.68 vs 94. But I'm still out of the money due to the premium correct?
Talon2DSO
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

So my call is in the money now, at 94.68 vs 94. But I'm still out of the money due to the premium correct?

Yes.
Ernest Tucker
AG
bmks270 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Okay, yes, but MSFT and google and Apple have done like 20%+ YOY for the past few years, and Id be looking at software and tech for growth. Disney will lag for as long as this virus hangs around. I'd be waiting for a cure or treatment to come out before touching anything in hospitality.

Disney and a world of social distancing go together like trailer parks and tornadoes
Exsurge Domine
Talon2DSO said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Yes.

Thanks for some reason it's showing a massive gain in my positions folder on Ameritrade
oldarmy1
AG
FMC crushed from over $100 to $60's. Agricultural products are going to rule the world. Great reversal chart bottom to enter for long hold.
HoustonAg2014
AG
bmks270 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I don't disagree as I am in Apple, Facebook (oof), Amazon (king), Disney (going to start getting more of a tech value soon enough I think), and Roku (prayers up).

But for a long term hold, I don't think you will get a chance to buy Disney down here ever again. I am talking about a Roth IRA 30 year hold.
YNWA_AG
AG
Feel dumb for not getting nflx calls this morning after sharing the usage news
First Page Last Page
Page 1146 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.