Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,978,643 Views | 224069 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by M4 Benelli
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course. If the Fed is backstopping all equity positions there is no reason for any one who isn't retail to sell, and Retail will not sell as soon as these reserves are deployed into the market and they see the bounce.
IrishTxAggie
AG
jj9000 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Tiffany announced temporary all stores closing.

OA/Irish, both of you guys are great contributes to this thread.

We're witnessing panic selling right now.

When do you guys anticipate the wave of fundamentals selling to occur, based on jobs/earnings/bankruptcies...etc?

The easy answer is, after jobs/earnings/bankruptcies are reported. Maybe. But, with this sharp decline, and the velocity of the decline, I'm thinking the S&P has a decent amount of this already baked in.

What do you guys think?
Forward sentiment is going to be a big part of it. I think we'll see 2250 area and that is going to be a major major support. From there. we should get a good bounce.

It's going to take someone to finally sack up and say we can't stop the world for this. Life must go on. Once the bars, restaurants, offices, etc. start putting people back in we should the pandemonium and fear ease up.
bmks270
AG
Mnuchin just said on Fox business that they may forgive some small business loans they give out during this...?

Want to provide liquidity to businesses.

For large corporations (like airlines) they are looking at loans at market rates...?

He said it would be $1,000 per adult and $500 per child, per month, until the national state of emergency is lifted.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Seeing everything from Quinine to Zithromax (PFE) and even high dosage of Vitamin C.

Average age of Italy deaths is 81, so I think we see that hold true here and at a lower level.
I hope so because my gym has closed down and now I'm cranky.
It's only day 4 of working from home for me and I need to get out
ProgN
I started dieting and religiously working out exactly a year ago last week. I lost 42 lbs of fat and 5" off my waist. I've since gained 23 lbs of muscle and still down 4.5" off my waist and off blood pressure meds. I still haven't achieved my personal goals but I'm focused on that so the gym closure bothers me more than the restaurants and bars closing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
bmks270 said:

Mnuchin just said on Fox business that they may forgive some small business loans they give out during this...?

For large corporations (like airlines) they are looking loans at market rates...?

He said it would be $1,000 per adult and $500 per child, per month, until the national state of emergency is lifted.
Strippers in Houston gonna have one hell of a night out of me...
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

bmks270 said:

For large corporations (like airlines) they are looking loans at market rates...?

Strippers in Houston gonna have one hell of a night out of me...

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Boat Shoes
AG
Prognightmare said:

I started dieting and religiously working out exactly a year ago last week. I lost 42 lbs of fat and 5" off my waist. I've since gained 23 lbs of muscle and still down 4.5" off my waist and off blood pressure meds. I still haven't achieved my personal goals but I'm focused on that so the gym closure bothers me more than the restaurants and bars closing.

That's awesome. Congrats!
McInnis 03
AG
Plaquenil is so old that the generics will be a huge player here, so I'm not sure any single company can reign supreme here.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
irish pete ag06
AG
Prognightmare said:

Jerry Teixera on YouTube. This guy is the master of bodyweight training.
ProgN
Quote:

Roku stock heads higher after Loop Capital analyst ends bearish call
Today 9:01 AM ET (MarketWatch)

Shares of Roku Inc. (ROKU) are up 2.7% in premarket trading Thursday after Loop Capital analyst Alan Gould upgraded the stock to neutral from sell. "Overall, we assume Roku's platform revenue will be less impacted by the coronavirus than most media companies," he wrote. "Nonetheless, we are also lowering our platform revenue estimates for the company based on channel checks and the view that advertising will decline due to the sudden stop of the economy." He argued that it might be difficult for the company to lower costs quickly enough to match the pace of economic slowdown. Gould has a $68 price target on Roku's stock, which has lost 47% over the past month as the S&P 500 has shed 29%.
khaos288
AG
We're going to open above close?
ProgN
Thanks
PGAG
AG
tam2002 said:

PearlJammin said:

This is a game changer that is not getting much hype. I'm starting to buy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marybethpfeiffer/2020/03/18/science-works-to-use-old-cheap-drugs-to-attack-coronavirus--it-might-just-work/#2adf3f865c49

Who is the manufacturer

Treatment will arrive long before vaccine in my opinion. And now that the collective scientific community is focused on it, I think we'll see something in the next 1-2 months. The use of previously approved drugs like the ones in this article is very encouraging.
YNWA_AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone think they can make hay with a MRRL lotto ticket?
jj9000
AG
gougler08
AG
YNWA_AG said:

F that nonsense...I can't watch anything in SD anymore
Cromagnum
AG
Geeze, several stocks gapped down.
khaos288
AG
Geezus, retail selling at open? It's a huge dump every day it seems.
McInnis 03
AG
Kind of a boring opening unless your name is VIX.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Standing by for another bite of VTI around Dow 18,900 or so....
aginlakeway
AG
WYNN was 136 on 2/19

Now 38.97 -4.05

I may keep buying it. Started buying at 48 or so.
Cromagnum
AG
LADR back in <$4 territory again.
ProgN
I think we go green
fightintxag13
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Kind of a boring opening unless your name is VIX.
Or you have SPY puts...
The Pilot
AG
Blue Apron over 26 now.
Post removed:
by user
aunuwyn08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Anyone think they can make hay with a MRRL lotto ticket?

I've actually been thinking if that exact play.
ProgN
Hey guys, you might want to look at taking a position in RH. If you remember, Berkshire (Buffet) started a big position in it a couple of months ago and I'd be willing to bet he's accumulating more at these levels. Just a thought if you were looking for something to hold.

https://www.investors.com/research/ibd-stock-of-the-day/warren-buffett-rh-stock-buy-zone-berkshire-hathaway-bigger-stake/
Cromagnum
AG
Good lord. Sharp drops and sharp upticks. Market is buck wild.
bmks270
AG
Company VPN was slow due to all the work from home, IT banned certain websites (youtube) to reduce the bandwidth use.... why are people connecting to streaming site through the company vpn when they are at home?

fightintxag13
AG
LADR halted
First Page Last Page
Page 1145 of 6402

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.