Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,352 Views | 224259 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by CheladaAg
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've mentioned wtrh here a few times, anybody in it? Tripled in the last week or so, reported great earnings apparently and food delivery is great during an epidemic!
McInnis 03
AG
Trump wants a Trillion dollar bailout. Ho.lee. Fug.
leoj
AG

Holy ****
azul_rain
This is such bull****
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Depends on the exposure you want with the volatility. SPY can be shorter. SPY are MWF. I typically stick to weeklies of late with in and out within 15-20mins. The gapping the past 4 weeks could be euphoria or suicide if you held overnight
High exposure on this. My trade duration would be intraday almost always. Lets say tomorrow I project a 2% move up on SPY from open that will occur sometime before close, and I would exit my call before EOD. How far OTM or how close to ITM would I want my weekly call in order to maximize profit?
Barnyard96
AG
This tweet has been walked back.
Aggie09Derek
AG

read the six tweets in this thread
GreasenUSA
AG
wrong thread?
Aggie09Derek
AG
meh - related to stock mkt. but yeah maybe wrong thread.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

That guy is pretentious as ****. I wouldn't have listened to that ****** either
Exsurge Domine
Aggie09Derek said:

Not to get too political but these left wing agent provocateurs need to be thrown into the stockades and rotten fruited. This is nothing but a coordinated smear campaign before the election when now is absolutely the wrong time.
Exsurge Domine
leoj said:

Holy ****

I could see 20% with no one flying, buying cars or using the service industry or drilling with all of the ripple effects those entail
Barnyard96
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Aggie09Derek said:

That guy is pretentious as ****. I wouldn't have listened to that ****** either
No doubt. And who knows how good the material was to begin with.

aggiedaniel06
AG
To come closest to the effect of trading futures, you want to trade Deep ITM options on something with high liquidity like SPY.

You want to pick a strike that has high volume, tight bid-ask spreads, high Open Interest and a Delta that is closest to 1. Expiry wont matter much, as you'll notice that other greeks including theta play a very small part in movement of the option price and hence you don't have to worry too much about them.

And since you are a futures trader, you most likely have set profit and stop loss levels, so I expect you're disciplined.
leoj
AG
Sorry, updated tweet below. Still, mnuchin is obviously already seeing and hearing data from companies that shows how bad this could really get. Like the virus, have to act before the damage is apparent.

rcannaday
AG
This is the worse type of recession or depression because it hits all industries equally hard. Every day I drive by a small mom and pop restaurant or store I just feel for the people who are waiters/busboys/hair stylest. It's sad to see so many make light of this online. When I was a young trader in 08-09' I thought it was so much fun and interesting seeing things move like this. Now with kids, a house, and other responsibilities it brings me back to the movie Big Short, where the trader yells at the two newbies about how people will lose jobs and homes. I hope for the best, and that a treatment/vaccine can come online quickly.
Ragoo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

May pick up some KO (coca-cola) tomorrow, looking good for entry for a long term hold
pep would have been good yesterday
jj9000
AG
Holy ****.

Is this another Futures breaker down night?

We've seen this movie.

Edit...It bounced just as I posted this. You're welcome, guys.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Holy ****.

Is this another Futures breaker down night?

We've seen this movie.

Edit...It bounced just as I posted this. You're welcome, guys.
Just sell a bunch of shares since you can't buy puts AH.

Works every time.
ProgN
Quote:

Halliburton Furloughs to Impact 3,500 Houston Employees -- Market Talk

2337 GMT - Oil-field services firm Halliburton Co. will begin a mandatory furlough next week that will impact 3,500 employees at its North Belt campus in Houston, as it attempts to manage costs in an energy price slump, the company tells the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday. Employees will be scheduled to work one week, and then take the next week off, for up to 60 days. They would not be paid or permitted to work on their week off, though health insurance and other benefits would still be in place, it says. "We believe moving to this schedule will allow us to best manage costs and provide full benefits for our employees during this difficult market," spokeswoman Emily Mir says in an emailed statement.
moses1084ever
AG
FUJIF

Fujifilm owns the IP to an antiviral called favipiravir (trade name Avigan). It was originally developed as an antiviral for flu, I believe it's been used for ebola as well.

Shinzo Abe (PM of Japan) name dropped it on TV. I'm still digging into this but it looks interesting (no position yet). FUJIF was up a lot yesterday.
Brewmaster
AG
interesting, a quick scan of news articles says the drug is effective against Covid and that it's being used in China.
Alex Bregman
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Halliburton Furloughs to Impact 3,500 Houston Employees -- Market Talk

2337 GMT - Oil-field services firm Halliburton Co. will begin a mandatory furlough next week that will impact 3,500 employees at its North Belt campus in Houston, as it attempts to manage costs in an energy price slump, the company tells the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday. Employees will be scheduled to work one week, and then take the next week off, for up to 60 days. They would not be paid or permitted to work on their week off, though health insurance and other benefits would still be in place, it says. "We believe moving to this schedule will allow us to best manage costs and provide full benefits for our employees during this difficult market," spokeswoman Emily Mir says in an emailed statement.

tam2002
AG
moses1084ever said:

FUJIF

Fujifilm owns the IP to an antiviral called favipiravir (trade name Avigan). It was originally developed as an antiviral for flu, I believe it's been used for ebola as well.

Shinzo Abe (PM of Japan) name dropped it on TV. I'm still digging into this but it looks interesting (no position yet). FUJIF was up a lot yesterday.

Grown Pear
AG
rcannaday said:

This is the worse type of recession or depression because it hits all industries equally hard. Every day I drive by a small mom and pop restaurant or store I just feel for the people who are waiters/busboys/hair stylest. It's sad to see so many make light of this online. When I was a young trader in 08-09' I thought it was so much fun and interesting seeing things move like this. Now with kids, a house, and other responsibilities it brings me back to the movie Big Short, where the trader yells at the two newbies about how people will lose jobs and homes. I hope for the best, and that a treatment/vaccine can come online quickly.
This should be seen again.
GigEmRangers75455
Grown Pear said:

rcannaday said:

This should be seen again.

Completely agreed. These are rough times but most of us here are fortunate enough to help these businesses when everything passes. I always try shopping locally, using small town banks etc. but we all need to be even more aware of the need when this is all over...
gougler08
AG
So looks like we are going to test that 237 again?
74Ag1
AG
moses1084ever said:

FUJIF

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/China-says-Japan-developed-flu-drug-works-against-coronavirus
moses1084ever
AG
There seem to be multiple tickers for Fuji... There's an equity traded on the tokyo exchange as well as at least 2 that trade as OTC pink sheets. FUJIF and FUJIY

https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/lookup?search=FUJI&searchType=any&sortBy=&dateRange=&comSortBy=marketcap

Edit: Shares on the Tokyo exchange are limit up

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-fujifilm/fujifilm-holdings-shares-hit-daily-limit-high-on-china-coronavirus-drug-trial-boost-idUSKBN215025
aggiehunter3
AG
I thought LADR was on sale at $10....whewwwww its really on sale at $6.
CavitationAG
AG
This is from 3/6 on TD Ameritrade. I have no idea about any of this but thought I would share the info.

"They should be really careful," said Leen Delang, a virologist at the Belgian university KU Leuven who has studied Avigan. "Women between, let's say, 18 and 40--they're not really a risk group" for the coronavirus "so I would not take them along in the trial."

A nationwide Avigan trial in Japan began this past week, led by Fujita Health University in central Japan. It aims to enroll about 80 patients who have tested positive for Covid-19 with no symptoms or mild symptoms, and will accept people as young as 16. Women will be tested for pregnancy and men will be required to pledge to use birth control for 28 days because animal studies suggest the drug can get into their sperm.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, a golfing partner of Fujifilm's chief executive and recipient of some $28,000 in Fujifilm political donations in 2017 and 2018, touted Avigan by name at a nationally televised news conference Feb. 29. Mr. Abe didn't name two drugs from American companies that Japan is also testing against the virus-- Gilead Sciences Inc.'s remdesivir and AbbVie Inc.'s Kaletra.

Government spokesman Yoshihide Suga said there was no connection between Mr. Abe's personal relationships and his naming of Avigan. Mr. Suga said Avigan was already approved by Japanese regulators in 2014 as a backup drug in case a new kind of flu emerged, and he said early evidence suggested it might be effective against the novel coronavirus. A Fujifilm spokesman didn't address a question about Mr. Abe but said the company was working with the health ministry.

Avigan hasn't been used in Japan for regular flu because studies in monkeys, rabbits and mice suggested that if a pregnant woman took the drug, it could cause deformities in the fetus or kill the fetus.

That side effect recalls thalidomide, a drug sold in Germany and some other countries starting in the 1950s and widely prescribed to pregnant women at the time. Thousands of children were born with deformities, but a Food and Drug Administration reviewer, Frances Kelsey, acted to ensure it was never sold in the U.S. Today, thalidomide and a related drug are sold as cancer treatments with strict controls.
Cadet05
AG
LADR still a long term buy and hold?
gougler08
AG
Little SYBX went nuts at the close today
Post removed:
by user
AggiePeeps06
AG
So what are the odds we see a wave of regional bank defaults from this? Will there be a portion of this bailout package that specifically targets them? If not, how do we play it? Are you guys aware of any data sources or major public regional banks that would be good to dig into?
First Page Last Page
Page 1129 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.