Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,393 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I'm going to buy SWN puts. Seems unreasonably resilient, maybe it's just lagging.
riley290
AG
my WWE puts just rolling in cash, can't wait til Wresltlemania gets cancelled

Also aramark puts were a great grab now that public events are falling, their revenue is about to drop out
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FriscoKid
AG
jj9000 said:

Bouncing off of 2509.

Chart experts, is 2509 a support level?
I don't think so. The intraday is fading also. Nothing about that looks like a bounce.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Another big bite of VTI this afternoon
aggiedaniel06
AG
jj9000 said:

Bouncing off of 2509.

Since we didn't hold $2600, charts are now toast. Technicals are out the window. At this point, no one can predict the bottom.
bullard21k
AG
The more things close, cancel etc I'm not sure we will see the market do much of anything next week except decline.

Maybe incorrect but I'm waiting on loading up until late next week at the earliest, maybe even the following week. We might see some monetary spikes but for the most part but hard to envision any gains to speak of

Incorrect thought process on my part here?

Cromagnum
AG
I would tend to agree. We are going to go to extreme measures and the more things that close, the worse market speculation is gonna be. I think strategy now for buy and holders is just wait out the chaos. By all means, keep cashing in on puts though.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Puts seem way too expensive with the volatility priced in
spud1910
AG
I suspect you are correct. I see the panic increasing with the recent cancellations.

Edit: SEC just canceled men's Bball tournament. As these pile up, I think the market continues down.
Aggie95
AG
I think we've reached the point where smart people basically understand life is pretty shut down right now...not much more to shut down. Hopefully that means the shock is now gone and we hit bottom after another 5% or so.
McInnis 03
AG
I think technical indicators and support/resistance is GONE as a meaningful logic for a short while.

Panic territory is here and it's not rational
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Is there a way to profit on online or network video gaming?

It's going to go HAM imo, only way to interact or compete without germ transfer
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Chipotlemonger
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think technical indicators and support/resistance is GONE as a meaningful logic for a short while.

Yea in this kind of market you throw any technicals out the window, in my opinion.
Tumble Weed
jj9000 said:

Bouncing off of 2509.

Not a chart expert, but have been watching it for over 20 years.

2500, 2200, and 2000.
Ragoo
AG
What is the point in keeping the trading market open?
El Chupacabra
I think anyone buying right now for a long term hold is crazy, ballsy, or just smarter than me...maybe some combination of all 3. We're 26% down and I feel like we're just getting started.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I just bought as much more TPL as I could afford (which is not much)
also SWN puts and more SVXY and BAC calls
this is crazy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If your investing horizon is 30 years it makes it a lot easier to stomach.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If things get much worse money won't matter, right? If you're set for that then you might as well set yourself up to profit from the alternative (i.e. recovery)
FriscoKid
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yea in this kind of market you throw any technicals out the window, in my opinion.
Technicals are nothing more than watching the herd as a balance between greed and risk come to a price. They still apply. They did in 2001, 2008, and they do now. IMO.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
El Chupacabra said:

I think anyone buying right now for a long term hold is crazy, ballsy, or just smarter than me...maybe some combination of all 3. We're 26% down and I feel like we're just getting started.

Watched my accounts drop like rocks during the dot com bust and financial crisis and this time I have cash to buy
Call it catching a knife or whatever but I've been buying since Dow 27,000 and will continue every 5% drop
Long term retirement account so I'm confident it will pay off
Tumble Weed
El Chupacabra said:

It not ballsy, it is a financial strategy. This is where the real money is made, and could bump up my retirement by 10 years.

I will continue to buy until unemployment hits 20%. Then I will just hold, and quit buying.
South Platte
Someone please let me know when it is time to panic.

Thanks,
SP
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
oldarmy1
AG
Pretty much anything you decide to enter might as well buy a Put expiring tomorrow $1-4 below it, depending on value $30 stock = $1-$1.50 Put below. Any bounce between now and tomorrow would more than double the cost of the Put in gains but if we fail you've limited risk. And limiting risk is the name of the game.

On my SPY holdings, they are down big but the net is down 1/4 of what it otherwise would have been. It's challenging and gets your blood pumping no doubt.
sherminator
Gotta think the # of cases is A LOT higher than that given the lack of testing.
riley290
AG
I'm up to my ears in WWE puts awaiting all their events to get hosed and my vix calls are going wild too. I think until the virus calms down and spread slows we see some pain and then once the uncertainty dies it starts to recover. I'm taking some of these wins and going into leaps on tech companies

Also, am an inpatient physician and medicine program director at a hospital in a city in the southeast and we guaranteed have many more cases than have tested, most won't amount to much but the resource crunch in the hospital is astounding already and the consumer slow down I think will be significant for a few more weeks at least.

The countries who were absolutely leveled by SARS knew what was up and locked their countries down early and have flattened the transmission curve in their countries, its been very interesting to watch.

Once china realized how bad it was they started the lockdown and flattened their curve, same for a lot of the SE asian countries who learned their lesson in the past.

We did this in the US too with 1918 flu. St Louis locked down, Philly didn't

Denver locked down, loosened and then had to lock down again for 1918

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePeeps06
AG
That's the thing that doesn't make sense to me. Surely there is some difference. I was looking into it last Night and all I can figure is the hysteria is different because the mortality rate is a lot higher with COVID
Dan Scott
AG
WWE still has TV money. Is that guaranteed. Their live attendance wasn't a big money maker. If their TV deals are secure, WWE should be fine.
oldarmy1
AG
Massive volume spikes
claym711
AG
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks the reaction should be. Respond to what they are.
El Chupacabra
Tumble Weed said:

El Chupacabra said:

It not ballsy, it is a financial strategy. This is where the real money is made, and could bump up my retirement by 10 years.

I will continue to buy until unemployment hits 20%. Then I will just hold, and quit buying.
Isn't the real money only made if you get out at the exact right time?
oldarmy1
AG
Been watching ROKU and it has all the earmarks of a stock that has bottomed.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
oldarmy1
AG
My losses on the day have been cut in half in 5 minutes.
First Page Last Page
Page 1090 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.