Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,237 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by cryption
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To be expected but my goodness these cruise line stock prices ...royal Caribbean is at 32$ and carnival is 18$. Thats nuts

South Platte
bullard21k said:

To be expected but my goodness these cruise line stock prices ...royal Caribbean is at 32$ and carnival is 18$. Thats nuts

Just thinking about that. It's an industry and experience that I personally abhor and would never take part in, but these stocks have been destroyed over the past 2 months.
gougler08
AG
chrisfield said:

How does it affect the overall market if things in the US really shut down over the next couple of weeks? It certainly seems we're headed that direction, and I would think that effective pause on across much of the economy would not fare well?
I think that is a major part of why we're seeing this drop, people are pricing in the upcoming economic fallout from this
gougler08
AG
I actually have a green stock today (SYBX)
McInnis 03
AG
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bofas-shocking-warning-treasury-market-no-longer-functioning-normally?fbclid=IwAR3wSPiyhHTF9pkAl_g9I-VUadWesthZSE2ZSgzSLySmKP7vs3011hTKfXA
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Cromagnum
AG
bullard21k said:

Yep. Falling knife cut me when I bought in when it was 68. At least it was only 50 shares to test the waters. Will re-up when I think its finally rounding the bend. As long as they dont go bankrupt they will be back up to 100 or more in a few years.
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone looking to jump into Aramark? With the NBA, NCAA, and NHL (soon) suspending public access or season all together, their stock has dropped from about $45 down to $20. Could be a good buy in the next week or so.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Kudos to you to at least owning up that your mistake. (yes it was a mistake at $68) So many here never mention their boneheaded plays and keep pumping new ones.

In regards to RCL, I bought-in today at $33 and sold the April $40 calls for $6. If my shares don't get called away, I can do this one or two more times and bring my net cost basis in the high teens. And then it becomes a binary play of common equity being wiped out or back to $80 in less than two years.
oldarmy1
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Preach on sir!

The question to me, as someone with about $75,000 in cash in retirement IRA and savings, is when to back up the truck? I'm not an options/day trader guy, so mostly looking to buy solid companies with dividends for the IRA.

Don't get me wrong, lots of great "deals" here on certain stocks we have discussed. My gut tells me it drops even further. Great time to start buying and averaging over the coming days?
If you want to go conservative then put 25% in here. If we drop further then another 25%. You also would be able to buy another 25% on the way up and your average would still be excellent.
ProgN
Irish is in banned camp again but he wants everyone to know he's watching and rooting for us.
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Kudos to you to at least owning up that your mistake. (yes it was a mistake at $68) So many here never mention their boneheaded plays and keep pumping new ones.

In regards to RCL, I bought-in today at $33 and sold the April $40 calls for $6. If my shares don't get called away, I can do this one or two more times and bring my net cost basis in the high teens. And then it becomes a binary play of common equity being wiped out or back to $80 in less than two years.
If I mentioned mistakes, this would be a 3000 pg thread.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Irish is in banned camp again but he wants everyone to know he's watching and rooting for us.
Weekly recurring trend
suburban cowboy
AG
Why is everyone so high on ROKU?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Because I bought a lot of it when this board was preaching that it was way undervalued at $115 and it keeps dropping so I am losing my ASS.
Harkrider 93
AG
I guess he means that it shows some people are leaving safety into the market?
aggiedaniel06
AG
LOL, I know man. Important thing is you learn from this. If we don't own up to our mistakes, our brains have a way of glossing over them and we keep making the same ones over and over again.
SouthTex99
AG
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

Weekly recurring trend
ProgN
suburban cowboy said:

Why is everyone so high on ROKU?
ROKU has the best platform for streaming. They have deals with everyone (NFLX, Apple, DIS, etc). They are about to ramp up exposure to China and India and carry channels in those languages. Cord cutting will continue and networks will start all offering their own streaming channels and ROKU stands to benefit from that.

Finally, It was founded by an Aggie so I like supporting Aggie owned.
jbeck3487
AG
Was it forum 16 again? Lol
ProgN
You know it.
FriscoKid
AG

This would crash the market.
Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Not bullish now, but a desired core holding.

Would you mind sharing your list of core holdings? I apologize if you've done so before.

Thanks!
JD, AAPL, OKTA, ADBE, MMM, ADBE, AMD, NVDA, SQ, DIS, ROKU, DE, AMZN (Only Net free on Amazon as the percentage gain has inverted)

New: NET, SPCE, SDC
You mind me asking why you're long on MMM? Even before the recent events, They've been on a steady decline since peaking at the beginning of 2018.
Aggie_2463
AG
Hey, we're trending on Texags threads.....

Everyone must want to come see all the money we've lost / bloodshed. I know I tried catching a few knives, and got cut deep myself, but I'm just playing in a IRA without much $$$ in the game. I hope in a few months everyone has recovered some of their losses atleast.
TXAG14
Aggie1391 said:

If I have $1k to gamble with, what's a good option to buy that expires 4-6 months out?

Airline puts
Ag13
AG
FriscoKid said:

This would crash the market.

Wow - original tweet was Reuters reporter, this one is a CNN reporter. Whole Trump family gonna be on lock down? And Pence?
Aggie95
AG
well he did sound a little short of breath at times last night.
ProgN
Aggie1391 said:

If I have $1k to gamble with, what's a good option to buy that expires 4-6 months out?
I'd buy the 7/17 DIS 100c or 105c. That looks attractive at these levels.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
TXAG14
Do not do this for a couple of weeks. I am guessing they will be closing parks soon. They haven't hit bottom yet.
McInnis 03
AG
TXAG14 said:

Do not do this for a couple of weeks. I am guessing they will be closing parks soon. They haven't hit bottom yet.
This is my mindset, but buying a little now, a little later, and a little even later won't be a bad idea if that's where you're going.

B&I Key:
jj9000
AG
Bouncing off of 2509.

Chart experts, is 2509 a support level?
FishrCoAg
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

Weekly recurring trend
If only there were a way to invest in this trend!
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Bouncing off of 2509.

Chart experts, is 2509 a support level?

I'm feeling good on it. Spent most of my dry powder this morning and am going to just spy put hedge from here
Dan Scott
AG
Anything new on OXY. Saw trading halted
First Page Last Page
Page 1089 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.