Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,612 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boat Shoes said:

I set orders for MSFT, AAPL, GOOG, and AMZN at 20% below their peak. Some of those may fill tomorrow. Waive them off?

Yep. Make it 30
oldarmy1
AG
La Bamba said:

Question for you folks... is it worth selling any long positions pre market or at open to raise more cash and wait for lower prices? Or recommending just adding to those positions when prices come down even further? And thoughts on a bottom here?

The issue is what if this is a retest that holds? You'd be selling at the lows. At this point You are better waiting for confirmation, given the price will be what ever they are.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Post removed:
by user
Carlo4
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I appreciate many of you educated folks giving thoughts and advice. I mean it. This is an area where I am way being the learning curve.

Thank you for your time.
I second that big time. I know enough to be very dangerous, so I appreciate the conversations, discussion, and arguments along the way. I wanted to learn from my 2008 mistakes, and I feel more comfortable now than I was back then.

Carlo4
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Stock pile cash. Sell, or at least rent, your children and build your cash war chest.

You're about to have a life-changing opportunity available once a generation, if that. Exciting!

HAHA this made me laugh way too hard. Edit for being dumb.
McInnis 03
AG
So, uh, margin calls coming hard tomorrow?

That cannot help things
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
Futures halted limit down. Weeeeeeee
El Chupacabra
Guess I was a week early on my BLV and VCLT sale. Could have doubled my profits holding an extra 3 trading days.
claym711
AG
3k contracts sitting on the ask. 33 on the bid. That's enormous for AH
claym711
AG
I wasn't trading futures in 08-09, but I've never seen this.
Rice and Fries
Decided to throw $200 bucks at 4 contracts of 3/20 SPY puts at $200 strikes. Let's burn this mother down

Edit. But really. The 10YR UST being this low is terrifying lots of folks on the debt side at my work.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

I wasn't trading futures in 08-09, but I've never seen this.

They locked limit down election 2016
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Stock pile cash. Sell, or at least rent, your children and build your cash war chest.

You're about to have a life-changing opportunity available once a generation, if that. Exciting!

I wish. I'm trading using an account I've rolled into a 401k from previous employment. I put about 90% in diverse ETFs (rather, my wife did) and I've been given about 5k to trade as a learning tool. I have about $700 in "dry powder"

Anyone want to see what they can do with $700??
claym711
AG
Ah I don't recall the halt on election night. I did long that night though, drunk on bourbon and lib tears.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm just gonna keep dumping into the s&p 500.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
tremble
AG
Man, this is nuts. If I have some discretionary income to spend right now, zero expenses, etc should I be saving and just dumping into vanguard taxable accounts? I've already maxed my Roth IRA and my TSP account.
moses1084ever
AG
If anyone interested, the world bank published a paper on the last 4 oil price shocks:
http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/40441444853733469/CMO-April-2015-Feature-Oil-Price-Crash.pdf

I ran the numbers they provided... if you use the closing price on Friday, you'd be looking at oil in the teens-20s range by May to June.

Granted the market has already dropped a lot before this announcement, if you used a price of 54 / bbl, you're in the 20ish range / bbl.

The above would assume that OPEC and Russia maintain a "no deal" situation for a few months.

I have a July CL 25 put on now.
leoj
AG
claym711 said:

3k contracts sitting on the ask. 33 on the bid. That's enormous for AH

Eesh
claym711
AG
Futures likely halted until open. Will be interesting to see where the indicative open gets priced.
culdeus
AG
claym711 said:

Futures likely halted until open. Will be interesting to see where the indicative open gets priced.
Should open -7%, pause, then who knows.

Not putting a dime back in until SPY closes below 200 or above 300
claym711
AG
Futures re-opened, few points above the halt at 2819. Can't go below there tonight.
thirdcoast
AG
Talon2DSO said:

oldarmy1 said:

I wish. I'm trading using an account I've rolled into a 401k from previous employment. I put about 90% in diverse ETFs (rather, my wife did) and I've been given about 5k to trade as a learning tool. I have about $700 in "dry powder"

Anyone want to see what they can do with $700??

Buy DIG at open and sell around lunch. Then buy DUG after lunch and sell at close. Do the exact opposite on Tuesday.
Ranger222
AG
moses1084ever said:

If anyone interested, the world bank published a paper on the last 4 oil price shocks:
http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/40441444853733469/CMO-April-2015-Feature-Oil-Price-Crash.pdf

I ran the numbers they provided... if you use the closing price on Friday, you'd be looking at oil in the teens-20s range by May to June.

Granted the market has already dropped a lot before this announcement, if you used a price of 54 / bbl, you're in the 20ish range / bbl.

The above would assume that OPEC and Russia maintain a "no deal" situation for a few months.

I have a July CL 25 put on now.

It may hit 25 by the morning. In the 27.xx now
moses1084ever
AG
the bid ask spread on CL options is insane right now
Foamcows
AG
Predicting Robinhood will be broken again tomorrow.
moses1084ever
AG
Closed my put at 2.69. Up a buck
IrishTxAggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
tremble said:

Man, this is nuts. If I have some discretionary income to spend right now, zero expenses, etc should I be saving and just dumping into vanguard taxable accounts? I've already maxed my Roth IRA and my TSP account.
Right now, I'd say yes.

I invested a huge chunk of my current market value (about half) back in January, near all-time high territory. (Stupid me, but that's when my CD matured and a bunch of cash freed up.)

So now I'm just scrambling to bring down my cost basis as much as possible while I can. The farther it falls, the more I dump in.

Don't have to worry about the bottom if you just keep buying. Unless you're going to need this money within the next couple of years, think of this as a firesale.
ProgN
Fed increases Repo for 2 weeks
El Chupacabra
SPY down $22, almost 8%.
McInnis 03
AG
@carlquintanilla: Circuit-breakers today:

* If the S&P 500 declines 7%, (208 points), trading will pause for 15 min

* If declines 13%, (386 pts) trading will again pause for 15 mins

* If falls 20%, (594 pts) the markets would close for the day.

(via @peterschack) @CNBC

Everyone is watching the circuit breakers.....here is your friendly reminder
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
El Chupacabra said:

SPY down $22, almost 8%.
The market is going to open with a 15 minute halt
El Chupacabra
IrishTxAggie said:

El Chupacabra said:

SPY down $22, almost 8%.
The market is going to open with a 15 minute halt

Looks like it. And another 15 minute halt shortly after it reopens. Not sure if we'll hit the 20% breaker.
First Page Last Page
Page 1065 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.