Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,114,168 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by oldarmy1
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They aren't, yet.

Reminds me of WalMart as a channel before I like sales, and how Walmart crushed people with a paradox. You couldn't be competitive without selling through WalMart, but if you did a deal with them the following pattern emerged:

1) you had to greatly ramp up your production capability to meet their demand, often overlevering yourself

2) they understood your costs better than you, and offered only the slimmest of margins. There was one Walmart and many of you.

3) once they established your product, they'd put a generic in place and cut you out completely (leaving you with over leveraged and unused capacity).

I feel like eventually Amazon is going to take out a whole lot of businesses in the supply chain. After that happens they can increase the prices (and margins)
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie1391 said:

So if it isn't in the money at expiration, do I need to buy the call back? Or do I automatically buy the call back at $0.00 at expiration?
You just let it expire. However, if you're using covered calls on a big moving stock and lets say you sold a $3 cover call and the stock is below enough to have a call value $0.25 then I almost always buy that call back and bank the $2.75 versus risking some bounce move that makes it a risk to lose the entire intent of the covered call.
Hendrix
AG
give me google over amzn. huge amount of cash
oldarmy1
AG
3122 was Model T on the S&P. Hit. In fact all but our typical flyer stocks achieved Model T. ROKU, DIS nope!
Aggie1391
Thanks!
Ragoo
AG
Aggie1391 said:

So if it isn't in the money at expiration, do I need to buy the call back? Or do I automatically buy the call back at $0.00 at expiration?
simply will expire worthless
oldarmy1
AG
We're going to have to wait for after hours or more likely the open to see the spread give returns.

Still a good time to add ot open it right here at $300 SPY. Open the Call side below $300 and the Put side above $300. You can get 30-50 cent improvement based on these battle royal swings.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought BIDU March 20 $180 calls as my now hedge against a further drop. Meaning if we pop and some of my Put positions aren't winners BIDU looks to be a fast runner on any upward market move.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Super Tuesday.
Short term:
Bernie = Bad
Short term:
Biden = Good
Aggie_2463
AG
Aggie_2463
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Super Tuesday.
Short term:
Bernie = Bad
Short term:
Biden = Good
oldarmy1
AG
$297.57 to $313.84 Days range on SPY with $309.40 previous day close.

A $16.27 spread. You can't lose unless you sell wrong.
Tumble Weed
S&P keeps on bouncing around 3000. Seems that the MM have that set for the day.

My plan is to continue to buy the bargain stocks.
leoj
AG
Mistakes were made...
oldarmy1
AG
I have 75% cash sidelined. And of the 25% in the markets nearly 1/3 of that is on spreads. 20% is on straight options and the rest is in shares.

Where is the V bottom recovery? We'll see but we're way too close to the lows for me to stick my horns out.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Mistakes were made...
Example? Let's learn
oldarmy1
AG
INO closer to vaccine. Rocketed
Aggie_2463
AG
CVET - announced $0.18 EPS vs estimated $0.13

Stock closed at $11.10, now $12.01 AH
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Mistakes were made...
Example? Let's learn

I sold my 300p too soon. I took a look at the candles around 2pm and saw a trend downward. Short wicks, long red bodies, etc. Told me to stay the course but I didnt listen and became undisciplined. I was thinking $2.30 would be the best I could do since the feds cut the rate. I didnt want to get stuck with a loss so I sold and was happy with my slight profit. Shortly after selling SPY dropped and the value of the 300p hit just over $5.00. I could have easily made a significant amount but chose safety over discipline.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Mistakes were made...
Example? Let's learn
Me logging into my trading app. That's where they start.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
Understood. So the correction is to let it play out when you have another day still. You would have cashed out into the close and then rolled into a $305/$295 spread with profits.
oldarmy1
AG
Robinhood. Man they are toast.
leoj
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Mistakes were made...
Example? Let's learn

Yes sir. Give me a bit and I'll post the details.
deadbq03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I have 75% cash sidelined. And of the 25% in the markets nearly 1/3 of that is on spreads. 20% is on straight options and the rest is in shares.

Where is the V bottom recovery? We'll see but we're way too close to the lows for me to stick my horns out.
In my play account I'm even more cash (% of course) and I'm strangling everything I do choose to get into (made a tidy profit today on AMD and ROKU on the put sides of the strangles).
McInnis 03
AG
What do you call taking a long term put? A trip? LoL

I can't imagine the cruise industry doesn't continue taking enormous hits here

https://fox26houston.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-changes-the-course-for-galveston-based-cruises
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN
On a positive note, cruises are about to get a lot cheaper for people that DGAF and want a nice vacay.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

On a positive note, cruises are about to get a lot cheaper for people that DGAF and want a nice vacay.
Don't you tell my wife.

B&I Key:
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Don't you tell my wife.

Your wife have a hot sister? Asking for a friend.
thirdcoast
AG
Cruises without old people, babies, or unhealthy people are cheaper?
khaos288
AG
thirdcoast said:

Cruises without old people, babies, or unhealthy people are cheaper?

Cruises without old people probably wouldn't leave port bc they're too empty.
Shiner Bock
AG
With an anticipated new influx of accounts generated given RH debacle, should we buy E*TRADE stock?

I got a call from a front line service rep about my new account, and he said it's been the busiest day for new accounts since he's worked there.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Etrade is getting bought out by Morgan Stanley. Have no idea of the valuation
McInnis 03
AG
RH's defection will be too spread out

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
I don't know what any of the services customer acquisition costs are right now but I imagine if they gave $100 sign-on bonus to former Robin Hood customers with the promo code they could Bank quick

B&I Key:
ProgN
Futures down 20
First Page Last Page
Page 1049 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.