Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,985,018 Views | 224118 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My models I ran just flashed this. We jump back and forth similar to last major correction and then really fail for a flush out. This isn't written in stone by any means, just a model that has proven useful. Heavier on the Put side on up days is the strategy should you adopt it.

McInnis 03
AG
What's your expiry timelines when loading up on these downsides? 6-8 days on the SPY and 2 weeks+ on the individual stocks?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Cromagnum
AG
The bears been feasting since lunch.
oldarmy1
AG
3-4 months if you go out of the money enough to take a larger position.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

3-4 months if you go out of the money enough to take a larger position.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Aggie_2463
AG
Just applied online to refinance my 4.125% 30 year to a 15 hopefully 2.75 or below. Might as well take advantage of these low rates now.
oldarmy1
AG
$295/$395 Put/Call spread preferred right here
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPY?
KaneIsAble
AG
nm
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPY?yes
Aggie_2463
AG
jbeck3487 said:

So, when should I refinance my mortgage?
Just saw a guy got 2.5% today on a 15

oldarmy1
AG
And when I post those they need to be applied quickly because markets are at inflection point on the day and either we'll fail completely leading to a dismal Wednesday or we'll hold and rebound. Sometimes I'll weight to my directional bias. In this instance since closing the last spread and banking it off the lows I'll buy 6/5 Put over call

So every set of Puts 12/10 ,111/100, etc.
Talon2DSO
AG
295 to 395 put call? Timed for when? That's a serious swing to SP
McInnis 03
AG
Sorry ROKU people, I couldn't resist at 108 so I'm in some end of week 113c's. This dooms it to break all support levels.

B&I Key:
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPY?yes

Am I reading this wrong? For me, SPY $395c are showing up at $0.01, even when I go out weeks.
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI bounced hard off $10.25 double bottom intraday. Going to take a market fail to get us below $10 and then $9 is flash likely as major support throws in the towel.

And if markets hold these levels and we do not have a flush out then this is it.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPY?yes

Am I reading this wrong? For me, SPY $395c are showing up at $0.01, even when I go out weeks.
OMG//

$295/$305

So sorry guys
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPY?yes

OMG//

$295/$305

So sorry guys

Ragoo
AG
Rolled all ROKU covered call contracts out to 7/17 for some really goo premium. Used premium to buy more shares at $110 earlier today.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Rolled all ROKU covered call contracts out to 7/17 for some really goo premium. Used premium to buy more shares at $110 earlier today.
Talk to me Goose. What would you advise for a new portfolio entry?
Talon2DSO
AG
Of course. I buy my 295p and it goes back up. You're welcome, gentlemen
Cromagnum
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

jbeck3487 said:

So, when should I refinance my mortgage?
Just saw a guy got 2.5% today on a 15

I got 2.375 on a 15 year when we bought 7 years ago. Not gonna even try to bother.
Tumble Weed
I have been buying all the way down. What % do yall keep in cash? I am running out of powder.
oldarmy1
AG
Just realize the odds of SPY going into the money at these inflection points is super high so be disciplined. Total the dollars both sides cost and then select a 20%+ gain exit. And if we get a running move then sit on your hands until you see a super long candle and then get out.
oldarmy1
AG
Tumble Weed said:

I have been buying all the way down. What % do yall keep in cash? I am running out of powder.
Can you sell covered calls. If you are buying at intervals on the way down then on the most recent entry sell a covered call against it that would get within a close proximity to your previous low purchase. After your first two tiers of buying downward I would repeat that process. If it becomes a prolonged recession type track you'll at least further reduce your total net and likely be able to write calls a 2nd time after they expire. March 20 calls is what I would write now
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

Talk to me Goose. What would you advise for a new portfolio entry?

i already owned the shares, if I were cash I'd sell put spreads at $100 out 30
-45 days.

I just don't think we break $100 and the premium is too good right now to not be a net seller.

You can risk a max loss of $580 to potentially make $420. Sounds a like good risk/reward trade.
Ragoo
AG
If you want to go long today then sell the 7/17 $140 for a net $100 cost basis.
bullard21k
AG
I've got a very rookie investor type question.

What could ever slow AMZN down? (assuming govt might be the biggest one here)

I guess what I'm getting at is that stock has done nothing but make huge gains for the most part for several years. So if you are going to hang onto it long term and had 50-100k to play with is there another stock out there that is more safe than this one?

I understand the ebbs and flows like this Corona virus screws with things short term...but for the long haul Amazon is such a integral part of how people transfer goods now just curious y'all's opinion
khaos288
AG
bullard21k said:

I've got a very rookie investor type question.

What could ever slow AMZN down? (assuming govt might be the biggest one here)

I guess what I'm getting at is that stock has done nothing but make huge gains for the most part for several years. So if you are going to hang onto it long term and had 50-100k to play with is there another stock out there that is more safe than this one?

I understand the ebbs and flows like this Corona virus screws with things short term...but for the long haul Amazon is such a integral part of how people transfer goods now just curious y'all's opinion

Easiest answer. Azure or google cloud announcing huge deals. AWS is printing money right now, but it was first to market. Once competition catches up and prices normalize etc, the profitability will drop.

That or anti trust type suits. Maybe minimum wage hikes.

Their goods sales aren't all that profitable if I remember correctly.
Ragoo
AG
Have a stack and don't want to necessarily buy the equity? Sell the $105P and $130C our 17 days. Collect $7.35 in premium.
Aggie1391
I'm just starting to learn about options so I apologize if this is a dumb question. If a sell a call for a stock I own 100 shares of, can the buyer of that call exercise their right to buy the 100 shares at any time before the expiration date? Or can they only buy the 100 shares on the expiration date?
oldarmy1
AG
Pretty good resistance at 3040 area S&P
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie1391 said:

I'm just starting to learn about options so I apologize if this is a dumb question. If a sell a call for a stock I own 100 shares of, can the buyer of that call exercise their right to buy the 100 shares at any time before the expiration date? Or can they only buy the 100 shares on the expiration date?
They could buy it anytime and you'd bank the premium and be able to buy the shares on the open market. Rare but can happen, especially on a flyer.
Ragoo
AG
Aggie1391 said:

the option has to first be in the money to be exercised. Second, anytime there after but unlikely until expiration.
Aggie1391
So if it isn't in the money at expiration, do I need to buy the call back? Or do I automatically buy the call back at $0.00 at expiration?
First Page Last Page
Page 1048 of 6404

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.