Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,062,235 Views | 224389 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
fightintxag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More basing on SPY...could be another brief run to $295. Am I doing it right?
UpstateAg
AG
CLR. Boom.
Brewmaster
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

I'm buying this afternoon. FB primarily
I'm looking at AAPL, anyone else buying this as THE dip? Coronavirus doesn't seem to be going away though, could be more bad headlines next week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BREwmaster said:

Bonfire1996 said:

I'm looking at AAPL, anyone else buying this as THE dip? Coronavirus doesn't seem to be going away though, could be more bad headlines next week.
I've scalped AAPL twice today on options. Strictly day trading for awhile off technicals. Not carrying anything over the weekend that aren't leaps I've already had except OMI. That's my APT hopefully
oldarmy1
AG
SPY drawn intraday trendline held perfectly so far but break 291.50 and not what ya want.
Boat Shoes
AG
Oil and gas names turning green despite WTI under $45 and Nat gas at $1.70.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Not OFS though
59 South
AG
SQ and NVDA
59 South
AG
Could SWN finally turn it around? Good earnings.
Brewmaster
AG
Good to know -- HP's chat is full of traders swinging, no one is holding anything yet. He also warned all in options to close out calls soon.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BREwmaster said:

Good to know -- HP's chat is full of traders swinging, no one is holding anything yet. He also warned all in options to close out calls soon.
Remember what happened yesterday at about 1:45??
59 South
AG
Look out below. Eerily similar to yesterday's action. Loading puts and will sell half if double today.
AggiePeeps06
AG
What level are you buying?
Talon2DSO
AG
I've sold all my puts and giving it a rest for the weekend. Not picking up anything until monday.
59 South
AG
I picked up SPY 275 3/2 for 2.40. Also have 310 calls. For the whole spread I have a capital investment split 78/22 puts to calls.

Updated split. Got a better price than limit on the puts.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPY drawn intraday trendline held perfectly so far but break 291.50 and not what ya want.
I thought it was really going to hold today. that was a pretty strong rally off the lows.
FJB
AG
Information overload for me. I have moved to mostly cash. Holding onto a few winners but but the bullet and pulled the rip cord for now.
HoustonAg2014
AG
BREwmaster said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Bought Apple, FB, and Amazon. Amazon is at or below pre earnings. Pretty nice gift to get a $400 run then sell it at the top and buy it back where it is now...
59 South
AG
Timber. 2850 retest incoming
oldarmy1
AG
S&P is setting up for a classic red flush to green Monday if this doesn't get serious fasst
Brewmaster
AG
This sounds morbid, but what happens when a Covid patient here in the u.s. passes away? markets overreact again?
khaos288
AG
BREwmaster said:

This sounds morbid, but what happens when a Covid patient here in the u.s. passes away? markets overreact again?

If it's an 82 year old at home? Minor scare

If it's a 23 year old in a hospital? Bombs away
FriscoKid
AG
BREwmaster said:

If there is a cluster in any city it's going to be really bad. If someone dies that got it somewhere else then I don't think the market reacts. Just my opinion.
Carlo4
AG
BREwmaster said:

I would assume that panic drops will continue occur on the first death, first cluster, shortage of multiple items (TP, OTC and prescription drugs, etc).

Less volatile drops will occur if this is, indeed, massively global and halts production for more than 1 quarter.

Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

S&P is setting up for a classic red flush to green Monday if this doesn't get serious fasst

How green? SPY $310+ green?
SoTXAg09
AG
It sure feels like all my naked plays fail, and all my spreads blow up... opened a small put spread before the market tanked, the short portion had returned. 10k on $700.
oldarmy1
AG
Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

How green? SPY $310+ green?
When it reverses it will jump hard.

We'll do the same stupid SPY spread in the last hour.
59 South
AG
This is ugly action for 1pm on Friday. Could close at 2800-2850. Then 2718 gap fill is in play for Monday morning. Cool 20% haircut in a week and a half
59 South
AG
If above happens it could reverse hard. I'd be buying cheap calls way out of the money
oldarmy1
AG
Same pattern last 3 days. Bounce looking like reversal and meltaway all afternoon. Wherever the markets close it might be good for 15 minute trade to buy the cheap SPY put expiring today. If it follows suit the markets dropped good after the close.
khkman22
AG
SPY 3/13 315C is at little over 1/4 the price of a 3/6 260P. Premiums for any put right now are sky high. If anybody wants a lotto play, find a call strike and expiration you like. Seems like everyone is being suckered in to the put side and there's going to be news over the weekend that gives us a green Monday.

I don't have any positions in SPY right now. I just don't comfortable with the put premiums to want to follow the general sentiment.
59 South
AG
khkman22 said:

SPY 3/13 315C is at little over 1/4 the price of a 3/6 260P. Premiums for any put right now are sky high. If anybody wants a lotto play, find a call strike and expiration you like. Seems like everyone is being suckered in to the put side and there's going to be news over the weekend that gives us a green Monday.

I don't have any positions in SPY right now. I just don't comfortable with the put premiums to want to follow the general sentiment.

Exactly. My puts are up 15% so far. I plan to sell a portion and buy more cheap calls between 2:30 and 3:00
FriscoKid
AG
VIX at 48.
claym711
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

What number did this trigger at?

That was at 9a at 2875. I dont think the bottom is in though.

Risk tolerance here is through the roof. I trade mostly futures and this is too volatile for me.

First Page Last Page
Page 1033 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.