Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,367 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by sts7049
OverSeas AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Aggie_2463
AG
Markets blood red, oil is blood red and somehow...

RIG is green

CVET is green too
aggiedaniel06
AG
mrad85 said:

I'm buying options out to '21 and/or '22

I'm banking things will recover sooner than later

This is a bad strategy. When the VIX is this high you do not want to be a buyer of options, escpecially ones in the counter trend. You're going to pay an uncessary premium on Leaps which will completely reverse when volatility reverts to the mean.
In simpler terms, even if Stock prices go up, you'll see your options prices not follow, until of course it comes close to the Strike price when Delta really increases.

If you have the margin, sell OTM put spreads or naked puts and capture all this lovely premium.
HoustonAg2014
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I've never seen a push to dethrone a President as I am a millennial? I have seen people in the Democratic Party say "anyone but Trump." It's strange seeing a businessman as an exec in an oil company wanting Trump for business and his wife wanting anyone but Trump because they hate his face.

Not a humble brag by any means as they are my parents friends but an observation. You can have two people who have two different views.

Of course the one who makes the money is the conservative and the stay at home is the one who doesn't care.
Usually you see this when the wife hasn't been a part of the financial conversation in years. Are they a couple where he just shows up with money and she spends it?

Is that not how marriage works?
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I just wanted to share some knowledge with the board.

I have traded RCL puts for massive profits this past month. To show why I decided to exit them today:
First chart is the 30 min interval, 1 month chart. See the big volume buying this morning which is different from the drops every other day?
Second chart is the 5 year, weekly interval. See those huge volume bars at $70 and $75.

Based on those two, I figured today was the day to get off the PUTS ride. This the method behind the madness.

My Chart analysis was right on the money. RCL no longer crashing with the others.
La Bamba
AG
WHO press conference

- More than 20 vaccines are in production. We expect first results in one week.
khaos288
AG
La Bamba said:

WHO press conference

Thank god
aginlakeway
AG
La Bamba said:

WHO press conference

VERY good news ...
La Bamba
AG
WHO press conference:

- Containment is slowing the virus down and allowing us to get ready.
- We've seen from China that this virus can be curbed with significant action.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This one hasn't moved as much as others, but OMI could be a corona play for those of you that feel like gambling
RGRAg1/75
AG
Any thoughts on entry for long on AAPL?
La Bamba
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Any thoughts on entry for long on AAPL?
Mentioned a few posts earlier...I started a small position in AAPL long (stock). 20% from ATH, production close to resume in China. Not a full position but a starter position to keep me familiar with this one.
E
AG
Dang, I thought my losses of around a used 2007 Civic was a kick to the nuts
khaos288
AG
E said:

Dang, I thought my losses of around a used 2007 Civic was a kick to the nuts

Thank you for the laugh. I'm right there with ya on a 2015 Kawasaki motorcycle
Carlo4
AG
Just paid for two weddings. The one I had last week and the loss this week.
moses1084ever
AG
Thoughts on holding crude puts over the weekend?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Checking in with a nice little condo in Boca...
Talon2DSO
AG
Is this a bounce and roll on SPY?
oldarmy1
AG
Been selling naked Puts on stocks like March $310 20 ADBE for over $10. Figure if we have some more downside it would be close within range but if we pop $1k per naked Put works for me.
FHUAggie
And here I was sweating a down payment on a leased Ford Fusion
Shiner Bock
AG
roku really trying
claym711
AG
If containment takes China type actions, there will be a severe recession. Let's hope that's not what it's gonna take or that the US would take such actions.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Shiner Bock said:

roku really trying
If Roku could rally while Amazon falls that would be the best of both worlds for me. Sell out of Roku and get back into Amazon... it's back to pre blowout earnings levels!
oldarmy1
AG
Shallow saucer on the markets.....bullish
aggiedaniel06
AG
[img][/img]

LADR gave us a gift today. It dropped below $14 and I grabbed a ton in my retirement accounts at dividend over 9%.

Look at the volume bar to see the huge support at $13.50-$14.50
aggiedaniel06
AG
Oh wow, its already over $15!
Aggie_2463
AG
No idea how but RIG up 5% today... Keeping my portfolio green somehow, green today that is
one MEEN Ag
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I've never seen a push to dethrone a President as I am a millennial? I have seen people in the Democratic Party say "anyone but Trump." It's strange seeing a businessman as an exec in an oil company wanting Trump for business and his wife wanting anyone but Trump because they hate his face.

Not a humble brag by any means as they are my parents friends but an observation. You can have two people who have two different views.

Of course the one who makes the money is the conservative and the stay at home is the one who doesn't care.
Usually you see this when the wife hasn't been a part of the financial conversation in years. Are they a couple where he just shows up with money and she spends it?

Is that not how marriage works?
Just usually when I see couples who are both conservative, they both are involved in the budgeting/investing/spending process. Friends of mine where the wife supports a democrat and the husband a republican, the husband makes a really good salary and the wife doesn't know anything more than the husband's take home pay and how much lunch is gonna cost on the credit card.

La Bamba
AG
Kudlow brought up the Tim Cook interview twice just now on CNBC. Also brought up the SBUX news of them re-opening 85% stores in China. Good message to calm the apocalypse tone in the media.
Carlo4
AG
gracias on the tip, daniel!
HoustonAg2014
AG
Sorry lol I was being a smart @ss. But yes I agree. When you don't work for the money and only spend the money, you don't understand basic finance. You don't appreciate the value of a dollar and he has worked his whole life and she hasn't worked in 30 years.

I give a lot of credit to people who are able to survive in relationships where political views are on the complete opposite sides of the spectrum. It is very hard to do.

I just think it's crazy that some people would rather the market tank their life savings than Trump be re-elected. Sorry for getting political, I only mention this in the spirit of the market this week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
La Bamba said:

Kudlow brought up the Tim Cook interview twice just now on CNBC. Also brought up the SBUX news of them re-opening 85% stores in China. Good message to calm the apocalypse tone in the media.
Still not carrying any options over the weekend except the OMI
TV Casualty
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

La Bamba said:

Still not carrying any options over the weekend except the OMI

Went net free on the OMI options. I'm letting it roll from here.
oldarmy1
AG
At some point, even if your hysterical, "OK - Either we're all gonna die so who cares about money - toss it into the markets. OR "Well it looks like this is overblown, so I better take advantage of the huge price breaks."
First Page Last Page
Page 1031 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.