Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,604 Views | 224254 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been in for months. Not too deep. Long hold. They won a class action case today in NY.
Ride or die time
UpstateAg
AG
Biggest regrets on not buying are roku at 30 and TNDM
Aggie_2463
AG
UpstateAg said:

I've been in for months. Not too deep. Long hold. They won a class action case today in NY.
Ride or die time
Nice. I swing traded it several times, holding now for the longer term.
george1992
Prognightmare said:

Watch TNDM ER after the close, they've had some really strong qtrs
I just bought some $87 calls. I have a small gambling problem.
pfo
AG
Treasury yields have dropped down to multi-decade lows. So I think the TINA trade (There Is No Alternative to stocks) continues to work...... as long as it looks like Trump will be re-elected.

My only sell today was Disney. I'm an old guy and selling into a panic has never worked out well for me over the long haul. Frankly, our markets needed a flush to knockout the froth and week hands. It's zero fun but it's required for healthy markets.
Ragoo
AG
OA-
What do you make of the action on ROKU today? From a technical perspective?
McInnis 03
AG
I'm no OA but I feel like ROKU may have found a bottom for now. To rebound off of $112 on a day like today? Seems strong.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
george1992
george1992 said:

Prognightmare said:

Watch TNDM ER after the close, they've had some really strong qtrs
I just bought some $87 calls. I have a small gambling problem.
A swing and a miss by old Georgie boy on this one. And just like that, I turned a $1000 dollar bill into a Zero dollar bill.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Dang WDC all the way down to .26
wessimo
AG
Kinda meaningless number, but Dow lodged 3rd biggest point drop in history (missed 2nd place by a little over a point).
claym711
AG
There have only been 12 other instances since 2009 of a gap down of around 3%. 10 of 12 came in 2009-2011. The other 2 were in 2016. Its a significant event. 11 of 12, however, came at or close to near term bottoms. Not enough instances to be reliable statistically, but interesting.
ProgN
Sorry brother, I wasn't recommending it. I just wanted to watch the action. I don't do earnings plays on days like today because, even if they crush, market sentiment is lower.
ProgN
MRNA with a possible coronavirus vaccine.

Quote:

*Moderna shares are trading higher after the company delivered the first coronavirus vaccine for human testing.
McInnis 03
AG

Anyone believing this?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
I wouldn't get in front of the TSLA train with puts even if I had OA money. Too many stocks on sale that will snap back, especially if the MRNA news is accurate, than to play against the momentum in TSLA. JMO
Brewmaster
AG
No, I don't buy it, nor would I touch it! HP thinks TSLA is about to rip again (back above 900 soon).
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Prognightmare said:

MRNA with a possible coronavirus vaccine.

Quote:

*Moderna shares are trading higher after the company delivered the first coronavirus vaccine for human testing.

Bought this morning at $18.76, now at $21.43.
Brewmaster
AG
Futures ripping so far... the night is long though
Aggie_2463
AG
SDC up to 11.95 AH. Almost fully recovered to its close on Friday. I hope we crush some bears tomorrow with ER!
oldarmy1
AG
Will be so much more fun tomorrow. If we get a press up to 3300 it's gonna be lit!
tlepoC
AG
We feeling good about sdc tomorrow? Every 5 cents gets me some prime ... Inches...of acreage
UpstateAg
AG
I've got 650 square feet of stamped concrete going in Friday. Having a swing trade pay for it would be nice. But don't tell my wife or she'll make me remodel a bathroom.
Brewmaster
AG
Doing it yourself or hired someone to do the stamping? Hope they do it justice, most of the stamped concrete I've seen looks like just that, imitation stone.

SNSS .95 after hours
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

I've got 650 square feet of stamped concrete going in Friday. Having a swing trade pay for it would be nice. But don't tell my wife or she'll make me remodel a bathroom.

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. My silence can be bought for a "nominal" fee.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures up 23 is nothing. Can be erased in a snap. Push!
ProgN
Side note, did you see my fish pick from Saturday?
oldarmy1
AG
No! What ya got?
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

No! What ya got?
spud1910
AG
I saw that. Nice!
oldarmy1
AG
Very nice
dlp3719
AG
george1992 said:

WhiteWalker3 said:

what do yall think about playing UPRO into the close to sell early in the morning after potentially opening higher coming off today's drop?
I loaded up on EXIV. Its an inverse VIX etf like UPRO but is a little more volatile.

Just make sure you know what you are trading. EXIV is a 1 month basket of vol futures on 50 European stocks.

UPRO is triple leverage the S&P500.

Inverse of VIX was XIV which went away. Closest thing I'm aware of is SVXY which is 50% of the old XIV (or 50% inverse of VXX)
ProgN
NIO. up 25% PM? Anyone else seeing that?
La Bamba
AG
In talks with Heifi government about landing funding.
oldarmy1
AG
CDE has pulled back just beyond its lower Fib band. Good time for anyone using silver as hedge. Not sure it flashes below $5 or not, but if markets take off higher then it might.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
lumber liquidators 256% beat! Buckle up!
First Page Last Page
Page 1009 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.