Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,025,151 Views | 224226 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Spoony Love
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

Not picking on you but with the bigs like TDA etc going commission free and low options commission I can't understand why anyone would still be at Robinhood. JMO.
Completely understand. I do like the App better for when I am on the run. I wish some of the other platforms would try to replicate it. I also like the robinhood gold function, but I have considered moving my robinhood money to Fidelity to just have one platform. It doesn't help when Fidelity keeps showing my position as a $0 value... It it were not for active trader pro, I would not have gotten any of my options in because Fidelity's website has been screwy the last 2 weeks for some reason.
Me too. Trying to switch over to TDA, but am used to Robinhood format. Seems harder for me to move quickly on TDA.
oldarmy1
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

Am i doubling down here at .4 for WDC? still plently of time left on the 75 3/20 calls
I'd say no. While things look to be stabilizing they are stabilizing down 91 points on the S&P. That Model T bounce could end up as a high or I'd wait for it to get broken and risk paying a little more on the calls with more confidence.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

Not picking on you but with the bigs like TDA etc going commission free and low options commission I can't understand why anyone would still be at Robinhood. JMO.
Completely understand. I do like the App better for when I am on the run. I wish some of the other platforms would try to replicate it. I also like the robinhood gold function, but I have considered moving my robinhood money to Fidelity to just have one platform. It doesn't help when Fidelity keeps showing my position as a $0 value... It it were not for active trader pro, I would not have gotten any of my options in because Fidelity's website has been screwy the last 2 weeks for some reason.
Me too. Trying to switch over to TDA, but am used to Robinhood format. Seems harder for me to move quickly on TDA.
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying a bunch of OVV down here. Yup Oil and Gas stock. They have tons of cash and excellent locational operations. Been waiting for this moment

Hopefully they got rid of all of the EnCana Mgmt team. Talk about a cluster**** team. EnCana was one of the worst run companies.
oldarmy1
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Buying a bunch of OVV down here. Yup Oil and Gas stock. They have tons of cash and excellent locational operations. Been waiting for this moment

Hopefully they got rid of all of the EnCana Mgmt team. Talk about a cluster**** team. EnCana was one of the worst run companies.
They did
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

They did

About 7 years ago.
oldarmy1
AG
Sometimes breaking even is one of the greatest trades you'll ever make. I was way in on MOMO and sold the March 20th $30 covered call out for $2.05 Friday before closing. I bought it back making $0.70/share and then on the Model T move rest a $27 covered call out to March 20th for a little over $3. If called out that would place me net +0.18/share.

But not a loser trade!

This was only on the mass overbuy shares.
J_Landes89
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

Am i doubling down here at .4 for WDC? still plently of time left on the 75 3/20 calls
I'd say no. While things look to be stabilizing they are stabilizing down 91 points on the S&P. That Model T bounce could end up as a high or I'd wait for it to get broken and risk paying a little more on the calls with more confidence.

I own 100 3/20 calls now, averaged at $.55

Rooting for even, but anything else would be incredible. My largest options position by far. Basically only play right now!
McInnis 03
AG
I can't help but think you can play a bounce on a XOM Mar 20 65c for $.09 but I've been wrong before. More than I've been right.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
I'd like to see more volume on XOMN pointing to support bottom coming in but the March 20th $60 calls have a lot of action
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sooooo many of my stop losses got triggered. sitting on about 45% cash right now and my options account is back to where it was at the start of the year. Had way too many MSFT and AMZN positions. DAMMIT!!! Only money. Can make it back.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'd like to see more volume on XOMN pointing to support bottom coming in but the March 20th $60 calls have a lot of action
Someone dropped $140K on June $70C at .2
claym711
AG
Oddly quiet range post open.
McInnis 03
AG
Feels like being in the eye of the hurricane.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
T Durden
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sure, why not! I'm in for the ride.
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone doing anything right now or just sitting in the stands on their hands?

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Sitting
Barty Dont Hedge
McInnis 03 said:

I am moving and shaking, that could only mean the smart move would be to be sitting on your hands.....
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
just burned up the last of my dry powder on LL
oldarmy1
AG
Oh we getting that $323 (sorry) again? Sheesh that would be awesome. Buying against remaining $332's
Boat Shoes
AG
Barty said:

McInnis 03 said:

I am moving and shaking, that could only mean the smart move would be to be sitting on your hands.....

Just purchased some March $75 GILD calls.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

More perfect prognostication. .30 is the going rate now.

B&I Key:
jbeck3487
AG
My greed on the PLAN 62.5c have cost me. They were as high as $5.35 and now are down to $2.20.
ProgN
FYI gang,

Don't forget about the potential of margin calls coming in that I mentioned last week. That could add further selling pressure to the markets over the next few days. I don't want anyone here to get trapped and punished.

Gig'em
oldarmy1
AG
SPXS creeping up $13.....could be the signal of further drop.
oldarmy1
AG
I was just about to tweet that
DRE06
AG
NRD09 said:

just burned up the last of my dry powder on LL

Shorting? Trying to lower cost basis in hopes of a turn around?

What are you seeing here? Long term chart looks bad at a time I would think anything home building related has done very well.
Talon2DSO
AG
What are the hive's thoughts on PINS 21.00p at $0.50?
Southlake
Hunker down, Boys. It's not over yet.

The question is going to be when to jump back in to the fire. Prolly when the Corona Virus ebbs.

We went cash and insurance heavy last week but my play funds are smarting.
Brewmaster
AG
according to HP:
319 next level on SPY, had to hold 325ish.

oldarmy1
AG
V bottom recovery trade opportunity so far. If you didn't take profits your gonna be back close to even on the day.
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

What are the hive's thoughts on PINS 21.00p at $0.50?
Would rather see using straight Puts on stocks above $35 for maximum movement potential on market fail.
jbeck3487
AG
The 2/26 319p were at $1.44 when I saw this and now they are $1.96
McInnis 03
AG
Boy oh boy, the S&P better hold that 3209-3210 mark......elsewise....lookout below?

B&I Key:
pfo
AG
Gold miners breaking out across the board. The Coronavirus outbreak and scare may shave some growth off GDP and increase chances the Fed lowers interest rates. That holds true for other central banks as well. That's very bullish for gold.

IMHO the best value is GOLD, Barrick. All the miners, except AEM, are breaking out technically.

First Page Last Page
Page 1007 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.