Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,118 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Comeby!
Dirt 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the wind in West Texas would destroy the tall nets at top golf in short order.

Just west of the loop and 191 are the oxy, Cvx, and soon to be anadarko offices. Growing neighborhoods to the north and south. A strip center with a decent day care, shipley's donuts, dry cleaner, subway, and a specs type liquor store would print money.

I looked into the Shipley's, but my last day in the basin is tomorrow!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!
Westi
AG
I also can't PM, but would like to speak with you a little more about potential opportunities. I will have 6 years as a frac field engineer in January. Please shoot me an email if you can at lonestarmx80 at yahoo.
DadsanAG
http://www.4oregolf.com

If "4ore" can keep it's nets up in the South Plains wind, I imagine an outfit in Midland wouldn't have an issue.
74OA
AG
Ag CPA said:

nu awlins ag said:

lawless89 said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Oil jumps to $57/bbl today...

Hopefully the momentum will keep rolling up to a steady $75/bbl.
Not so fast my friend!!!! I'd rather it stay in the mid $60 range for a while. Ensures plenty of activity without going over the deep end again....
I'd be happy just to stay above $55, we have seen this level break down time and time again the past few years.
Action--Reaction
nu awlins ag
AG
Natural gas has really falling over the last month!!! 2.596! Very crazy and here I am with job offer wondering if I should take it. Gas price won't come into play, but dang, just can't believe it was 3.10 or so a month ago.
Brush Country Ag
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Natural gas has really falling over the last month!!! 2.596! Very crazy and here I am with job offer wondering if I should take it. Gas price won't come into play, but dang, just can't believe it was 3.10 or so a month ago.
Wouldve thought it would be higher with cold weather here. Makes no sense.
74OA
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Six new LNG export terminals under construction costing billions each, so the industry is definitely bullish about the future.

"That rapid growth in LNG exports was due to the ramp up of four 0.6-billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) liquefaction trains at Cheniere Energy Inc.'s (NYSE MKTS: LNG) Sabine Pass LNG export facility in Louisiana over the past two years. The first of those trains entered service in February 2016.
By the end of the year (2017), another LNG export facility is expected to join Sabine Pass when Dominion Energy Inc.'s (NYSE: D) 0.7-bcfd Cove Point terminal in Maryland enters service.
In 2018, three more U.S. liquefaction trains are expected to enter servicea 0.3-bcfd unit at Kinder Morgan Inc.'s (NYSE: KMI) Elba Island facility in Georgia, a 0.7-bcfd unit at Freeport LNG's Freeport facility in Texas and a 0.6-bcfd unit at Cheniere's Corpus Christi facility in Texas."

nu awlins ag
AG
Cool here in Texas and my same thought. If it is cool here, then further north the need should be higher. I assume plenty in storage is the result of lower prices thus far.
Ragoo
AG
Brush Country Ag said:

nu awlins ag said:

Wouldve thought it would be higher with cold weather here. Makes no sense.
have to pull down storage in the NE and Midwest to really matter.
OCEN99
AG
Looks like McDermott and CB&I are merging.
LostInLA07
AG
Guessing CB&I wasn't able to get the $2B they were promising for their technology business...
Diet Cokehead
AG
Natural Gas continues to drop. Any thoughts on where the bottom is?
IrishTxAggie
AG
France gonna France

Completely symbolic considering how little goes on, but still stupid.
sushi94
AG
Diet Cokehead said:

Natural Gas continues to drop. Any thoughts on where the bottom is?
It's going to depend on Coal to Gas switching economics from the power side. My guess would be between $2.25 and $2.45 if winter continues to lag behind. Storage is healthy and withdrawals have been behind last year. Dry gas production is up over 5 Bcf/d compared to last year.
MAROON
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

France gonna France

I'm announcing today that in the future I will not play in the NBA, even if asked.
Bibendum 86
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

France gonna France

Vermont banned fracking. If there is a hydrocarbon in the state outside of a Subaru quick-lube I'd be stunned.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

France gonna France

the French contingent at OTC every year is not small....
The Original AG 76
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

France gonna France

the French contingent at OTC every year is not small....
and thus we see frog hypocrisy at its finest. A meaningless symbolic gesture made to appease the eco-nazis and luddites infesting Europe all while reaping YUGE amounts of tax money and employment from frog firms working worldwide in the O&G world. IF the really want to serve humanity they should ban frogs from working in the industry, divest in all E&P and service companies and rid the patch of the damn vermin. If any of y'all have had to work with a frog you have to agree with the dream of eliminating them from you lives FOREVER !
now....if we could just eliminate the damn Norwegians.....
Ragoo
AG
What is wrong with the Norse? I've yet to find it be who isn't pleasant. They are generally all very intelligent too.
The Original AG 76
AG
Ragoo said:

What is wrong with the Norse? I've yet to find it be who isn't pleasant. They are generally all very intelligent too.
weeeeelll..I guess when compared to the irish..you may have a point !!!

TommyGun
AG
I visited BP's Stavanger, Norway office for a week or so back in 2011. Most of the office would stop work around 10am everyday and meet for a yoga session in one of the big conference rooms. There were some goofy people but I thought it was a very relaxed place to work and everyone was very knowledgeable and passionate about their job role.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Ragoo said:

The Norse generally believe that there are two ways to do things...

The wrong way

and

The Norway
rononeill
Most of above is TLDR but I've heard third hand that the executive search world is hot right now. Now is that a 6 month or 3 year optimistic position, I don't know, but someone has some hope...
94chem
France gets almost 80% of its electricity from nuclear power, and almost half of its total energy. Wonder when they'll ban uranium mining in Niger...crickets.
Pahdz
94chem said:

France gets almost 80% of its electricity from nuclear power, and almost half of its total energy. Wonder when they'll ban uranium mining in Niger...crickets.

Yeah even some of my liberal friends have been calling France out on social media for this nothing but symbolic measure when they have so much political and business interests in the globe's most corrupt continent.
BMach
AG
OneStim is dead

https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EO00Q
3rdGenAg05
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

Ragoo said:

The wrong way

and

The Norway

We always say: You can always tell a Norwegian because you can't tell them anything.

Disclaimer: I like our Norwegian partners, but dealing with Statoil is such a PITA sometimes.
The Original AG 76
AG
3rdGenAg05 said:

Ezra Brooks said:

Ragoo said:

The wrong way

and

The Norway

We always say: You can always tell a Norwegian because you can't tell them anything.

Disclaimer: I like our Norwegian partners, but dealing with Statoil is such a PITA sometimes.

I admit that my only direct dealings with any Norwegians was a bunch of DNV a-holes. Possible the most stubborn. arrogant, condescending , snobby and absolutely STUPID human beings we've ever dealt with. Despise doesn't even come close.
Comeby!
AG
Enough with the Nords, inconsequential to the US oil industry.
cajunaggie08
AG
BMach said:

OneStim is dead

https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EO00Q
Knowing SLB, they'll keep the OneStim name. I think everyone knew SLB would eventually acquire some Weatherford assets based on how these joint ventures tend to work. Just happened a lot faster than usual.
Goose06
AG
Wti is over $60 as we start the new year. Brent is at nearly $67. Anyone on here have a strong view on whether or not WTI sticks over $60?
Comeby!
AG
Goose06 said:

Wti is over $60 as we start the new year. Brent is at nearly $67. Anyone on here have a strong view on whether or not WTI sticks over $60?

Our current production levels now are higher than what they were when prices came down in 14. All shale producers are full speed ahead. I doubt it sticks and I hope I'm wrong.
klsmith89
AG
Agreed. But damn... it's nice to see $60+ again, if only for a short while.
I bet it stays in the $50-$60 range for all of '18, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and it stays above $60..
SpreadsheetAg
AG
klsmith89 said:

Agreed. But damn... it's nice to see $60+ again, if only for a short while.
I bet it stays in the $50-$60 range for all of '18, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and it stays above $60..
I think even a low-mid range price that is stable will continue to help people build confidence - a low simmering growth.
techno-ag
AG
Reserves keep going down, so there's that.
First Page Last Page
Page 442 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.