Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,281,526 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TxAg20
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
techno-ag said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/effort-to-crush-shale-producers-only-made-them-stronger-1497027600

Quote:

Surging productivity in America's shale oil patch is an indirect result of pressure applied in recent years by OPEC and may have permanently lowered oil prices.
--
While the recent decline in crude prices to near multi-month lows is costlier to the bottom lines of still high-cost shale producers than the Saudis, the productivity genie can't be put back into the bottle. It has put a permanent dent in long-term oil prices, costing traditional exporters tens of billions of dollars in future revenue.

Exactly, and even at this low price point US shale is nonetheless making billions on sheer volume. Additionally, instead of sending trillions of US dollars overseas to import energy, foreign money is now flowing into the US to buy our gas and oil. It's our turn at the trough.
sts7049
AG
http://gcaptain.com/a-laden-supertanker-sitting-idle-signals-opecs-struggle/
Post removed:
by user
SidetrackAg
nu awlins ag
AG
Stocks fell by 1.7 million, expected a 2.7 million drop. Gas stocks rose, that is what the killer is.
mts6175
AG
Well, this next week or two should be fun......
DripAG08
AG
Market is getting destroyed today
mts6175
AG
Interesting article on Shell's Ursa platform

https://www.spe.org/en/jpt/jpt-article-detail/?art=2958
Ag CPA
AG
Everyone knew this day was coming, but what a devastating blow for Fort Worth.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article156670054.html
mts6175
AG
Ag CPA said:

Everyone knew this day was coming, but what a devastating blow for Fort Worth.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article156670054.html
Honestly, they may end up better off. That's going to open up a lot of prime real estate for companies moving to the DFW area to occupy. With as much stuff going on in Fort Worth right now to improve the area, it's going to make it real attractive.

And I'm just waiting on the name change, the operational split between XTO and Exxon is dumb.
RK
AG
Not if you work for xto.
Skillet Shot
And not if you're an engineer in Fort Worth job hunting.
The Original AG 76
AG
do we have an active " guess the price of crude by XXX" contest going ?
Since we are about half way thru 17 it time for the so-called experts to start the usual " I see crude at $xx by the end of the year" stuff. Lets get one for our guys for year end price please .
nu awlins ag
AG
$54 by 31 December 2017. Ain't gonna be easy....
IrishTxAggie
AG
WTI- 41.50
Brent- 42.25

The Fall will not be kind to the industry. I actually think I'm high in my predictions.
TheVarian
AG
WTI: 39.53
Brent: 40.25
Poke_the_Bear
AG
nu awlins ag said:

$54 by 31 December 2017. Ain't gonna be easy....
sure hope your right.
Brush Country Ag
AG
My concern is what are these prices doing to Russia, SA etc ? We are seeing the effects in Venezuela. Don't know how long these countries that have to have $80+ oil can sit on their thumbs without pulling some stunt.

That being said, I hope we have at least $50 oil by December.
74OA
AG
I don't see how prices can rise too much, since US frackers ramp up production every time they do: SUPPLY
Ulrich
ColinAggie said:

WTI- 41.50
Brent- 42.25

The Fall will not be kind to the industry. I actually think I'm high in my predictions.

Then... why is that your prediction?
toastercombo
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trying to be cautiously optimistic.
Talon2DSO
AG
Y'all see the EQT overture for Rice? 6.7 billion EQT is buying Rice Energy
Petrino1
Oil below $43 today. I wonder how low it will end up this week?
ClickClack
AG
$56 on Dec 31 (WTI)
HoustonAg2014
AG
WTI: $34
BRENT: $38

If cuts end early before the end of the year for some reason you may see high 20s.
Numbers the next 6 weeks will be very telling. If there are not draw downs in 4 of the next 6 weeks then watch out.
AggieMainland
This talk about high 20s and low 30s at the end of 2017 is silly. This is the stuff that always happens when prices make a run down (or up)...people start talking about extremes. All of the doom articles start coming out because thats what people want to read. The truth is less exciting...average $45-55 for a while.

Give me $49.50 (WTI -Dec31)
HoustonAg2014
AG
I did say earlier in this thread that I saw mid 40s before I saw 60s and that was when the price was around $54 sobwe shall see... I mean if there is a massive build, do you really think prices hold at $43 tmrw?
RoryF1
Any truth to the rumor that Noble Energy is trying to sell to Anadarko? Or that there was a data room set up?
Gordo14
Aggiesincebirth said:

I did say earlier in this thread that I saw mid 40s before I saw 60s and that was when the price was around $54 sobwe shall see... I mean if there is a massive build, do you really think prices hold at $43 tmrw?

If there is a massive draw do we really think prices hold at $43 tomorrow? I mean, it'll move tomorrow, one way or the other.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I agree I think it will go to either $39 or 45 a move of $2-$3 either direction.
Diggity
AG
where you hearing that Rory?
RoryF1
It's something that I've heard in the office. I don't know if it's true but Noble doesn't seem too committed to the Basin. It also seems ready for a takeover.
jbanda
AG
Are you talking about onshore or the whole thing? Noble has already spent billions on Leviathan and has a commitment to the Israeli government.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
My guesstimate is that oil will go down to either $40.64 or $37.18 during this current move down.
First Page Last Page
Page 424 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.