Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,292 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TxAg20
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Offshore contractors continue to hemorrhage. EMAS is in death throes. Bibby will almost certainly close up shop everywhere but maybe for diving in U.K.
DadsanAG
Cepe said:

You guys have time and money to go to a conference? Hope nobody notices back at work!

For a conference that is worthwhile and has historically produced a return? Yes, absolutely.
mts6175
AG
So who's out in Midland? Just accepted a new job out there, looks like I'm moving from Houston to Midland in a couple of weeks....
SidetrackAg
AG
Congrats, man! Is it new, or something you were doing before?
aggies12thman
AG
API reported 14.2 Million crude build. 2.9mm gas.

If we get a bad EIA report tomorrow, hold on to your butts.
Spaceship
AG
aggies12thman said:

For someone new to the industry, can you explain what this means?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Obviously OPEC is doing great with their production cuts...
Buck Compton
AG
Spaceship said:

aggies12thman said:

This means that inventories built by that amount. Generally an indicator of Supply and demand balance (or lack thereof)... Price could see a downward shock. But generally the shok is already felt (see the 2.5% drop this afternoon)
Spaceship
AG
Buck Compton said:

Spaceship said:

aggies12thman said:

This means that inventories built by that amount. Generally an indicator of Supply and demand balance (or lack thereof)... Price could see a downward shock. But generally the shok is already felt (see the 2.5% drop this afternoon)

Thanks
Goose06
AG
Parsley buying double eagle (which recently purchased Veritas I believe)
Comeby!
AG
Goose06 said:

Parsley buying double eagle (which recently purchased Veritas I believe)
Geez, I know an exec that just went over there.....$$$$$$
txaggie_08
AG
The have spent A LOt in the last 6 months. Wish I could get in over there.
AgLiving06
Buck Compton said:

Spaceship said:

aggies12thman said:

Jan was a bad month for gas/diesel sales even for it being a January. I'm not expecting anything positive until gas is in full blend down mode.
BourbonAg
AG
No joke, they are growing like crazy. They have been good to work with in my dealings with them. I have several friends over there.
Buck Compton
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Buck Compton said:

Spaceship said:

aggies12thman said:

Jan was a bad month for gas/diesel sales even for it being a January. I'm not expecting anything positive until gas is in full blend down mode.
I need to post the results of this quarter's price predictions, but I'm not either. International demand isn't going to absorb domestic production and then the Fed is going to bump rates in late March to put even more downward pressure.
Furlock Bones
AG
lol. i screwed that one up. old acquisition.
Goose06
AG
That doesn't appear to include the Veritas acreage in Martin and Howard counties. I'm guessing double eagle has another buyer for that? Maybe encana or endeavor?
Furlock Bones
AG
let's try this.
http://www.parsleyenergy.com/investor-relations/news-releases/2017/02-07-2017-210646387.aspx

Quote:

Acquisition Highlights
  • Approximately 71,000 net leasehold acres
  • Estimated net production of approximately 3,600 Boe per day as of January 1, 2017
  • 23 drilled uncompleted wells, variously targeting the Lower Spraberry, Middle Spraberry, Wolfcamp A, and Wolfcamp B formations, with an average lateral length of approximately 8,400 feet, valued at approximately $75-100 MM in aggregate
  • Approximately 3,300 net horizontal drilling locations, including approximately 1,800 net locations in high priority target intervals (Lower Spraberry, Wolfcamp A, Wolfcamp B)
  • Average lateral length of approximately 6,600 feet on acquired horizontal drilling locations; more than 40% of acquired horizontal drilling locations have lateral lengths of 7,500 feet or more
  • Operating control on 80% of net horizontal drilling locations
  • Incremental value potential through ongoing acreage trades, bolt-on acquisitions, and working interest buyouts; Double Eagle to assist with asset operation and handoff, as well as acreage trades and purchases after closing
  • Consideration consists of approximately $1.4 billion of cash and approximately 39.4 million units of Parsley Energy, LLC (together with a corresponding number of shares of Parsley Energy class B common stock) valued at approximately $1.4 billion; Parsley intends to finance the cash portion of the consideration through equity and debt offerings announced concurrently with the acquisition
  • Scheduled to close on or before April 20, 2017, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions
Pro Forma Company Highlights
  • Approximately 227,000 net leasehold acres in the Permian Basin
  • Approximately 179,000 net leasehold acres in the Midland Basin, representing the second-largest Midland Basin net acreage position among publicly traded E&P companies
  • Approximately 7,900 net horizontal drilling locations, including approximately 4,300 net locations in well delineated, high value target intervals (Wolfcamp A, Wolfcamp B, and Lower Spraberry in the Midland Basin; Upper Wolfcamp in the Southern Delaware Basin)
  • Sufficient acreage footprint to support more than 20 rigs focused on horizontal development

TxAg20
AG

Here's the map I've seen floating. If that doesn't include Veritas' Martin and Howard acreage, I'd be surprised.

I think Parsley quoted 6,600' average lateral length. Makes me wonder if they used a cutoff on the long end or if they threw a bunch of 20,000' laterals in the mix to get the average up.
Goose06
AG
That map is different from the one above my last post and I agree, it includes the Veritas acreage
Furlock Bones
AG
Goose06 said:

That map is different from the one above my last post and I agree, it includes the Veritas acreage

Yea I farked up on the original post. Lo siento.
jetch17
AG
Parsley killin it
mts6175
AG
New company, did it before. Water Management company, starting their Saltwater Disposal division for them.
Buck Compton
AG
aggies12thman said:

In case anyone hasn't seen, EIA reported an inventory build of 13.8 million... but a .9 million drawdown in gas.

So naturally, the price went up immediately after this...

Data proving out that the US is the marginal producer and is going to fill gaps where OPEC cuts cause price increases. Price has a pretty tight ceiling until a demand dynamic significantly changes.
AgLiving06
A slight short term positive is several refineries have had some upsets that should help stabilize the Chicago Indexes which have been in a freefall for a while now.
DadsanAG
mts6175 said:

So who's out in Midland? Just accepted a new job out there, looks like I'm moving from Houston to Midland in a couple of weeks....

Here here. Welcome to West Texas!
MROD92
Anyone out there hiring NACE inspectors? I got a family member looking
Talon2DSO
AG
Send them north. There are a few inspection outfits up here. Have him look up Bowman Inspection.
aggie028
"IEA monthly report..bullish (WTI $53/bbl) OPEC cuts are real. Jan'17 down 1mmbpd m/m. The "OPEC always cheats" crowd can take a seat. Demand is rocking. 2016 revised higher.again. +1.6mmbpd y/y and 2017 revised to +1.4mmbpd y/y (vs. TPHe ~1mmbpd). OECD stocks are falling.even before the OPEC cuts took effect in Jan'17. Dec'16 OECD stocks down (36mmbbls) vs. (30mmbbls) norm and are below the IEA's made up "symbolic" 3billion bbl level. 4Q16 inventories down (72mmbbls) vs. (57mmbbls) norm. Stay tuned. 2017 will be fun. "

From TPH
Cyprian
AG
MROD92 said:

Anyone out there hiring NACE inspectors? I got a family member looking

My company almost always is. (It's offshore work.) send me a message
MROD92
Cyprian,

Sorry I don't have DM. Would you mind emailing me at ?Thanks for the help
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
I thought this article had a good hypothesis on production responding more quickly and that this could be from DUCs.
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Will-Rising-US-Production-Drive-OPEC-Into-A-Corner.html
Cyprian
AG
No problem, you've got mail.
nu awlins ag
AG
I think you'll see prices hover in the mid $50's for most of the first half of 2017. I don't expect prices to hit $60 until the end of the year or early next year. The rig count is up, 591, but a far cry from the numbers in 2013/2014 where they reached 1000+. OPEC cuts are in full compliance, for the most part at around 93%, with production targets at 29.888 million bpd in January.
Cyp0111
Initial opec compliance...
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.