Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,271 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TxAg20
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Latigo said:

Sure it is, because no one ever raises prices as oil price goes up.

Not saying that they don't. Believe me, I know, I'm in sales for a large service company. We've had to raise prices almost every other week it feels like. More or less talking about efficiencies and technology.
gigem1223
Maverick06 said:

Prices are set by an index based on other service providers pricing. Not sure how they know other providers prices but that's the easiest way to explain it. An asset manager would say its more expensive because that's the cost they see on the surface. But the money is going from one pocket to another. Profit sharing is how they make it work and what actually makes it work financially.

They send out bids once or twice a year for X number of wells to vendors. Pretty much just get a gauge on where the market is at. Ive heard in March/ April PAT will be bringing on a ProPetro frac crew and another PPS fleet. They just bid out their 2017 Eagleford completions program. Going to be a 3rd party company awarded the work. Which Pioneer group are you with Mav?
Maverick06
AG
A small group within PXD so I'd rather not say in public. Part of PAT though in general.
gigem1223
I got ya. Well glad to see y'all are staying busy. Pioneer is definitely a great company to work for from what I've seen and heard.
DadsanAG
Maverick06 said:

Prices are set by an index based on other service providers pricing. Not sure how they know other providers prices but that's the easiest way to explain it. An asset manager would say its more expensive because that's the cost they see on the surface. But the money is going from one pocket to another. Profit sharing is how they make it work and what actually makes it work financially.

There a few secrets in this business, particularly when it comes to bids. We aren't a service company, so to speak, but are inching prices up.

We had a booth at the SPE Frac Conference as well and thought the whole show was great.
jbanda
AG
Quote:

"These are big pipes. Now, the only way I can imagine they [ship them] is they must have to cut them. Because they're so big, I can't imagine they take up so much room I can't imagine you could put that much pipe on ships. It's not enough. It's not long enough," he said.

"So I assume they have to fabricate and cut, which hurts the pipe, by the way," he said.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/pipelines-trump-gives-wrong-explanation-of-how-theyre-built-shipped.html
Talon2DSO
AG
jbanda said:

Quote:

"These are big pipes. Now, the only way I can imagine they [ship them] is they must have to cut them. Because they're so big, I can't imagine they take up so much room I can't imagine you could put that much pipe on ships. It's not enough. It's not long enough," he said.

"So I assume they have to fabricate and cut, which hurts the pipe, by the way," he said.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/pipelines-trump-gives-wrong-explanation-of-how-theyre-built-shipped.html

Oh snap
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
wait, our commander in chief made up factually inaccurate statements about a process he knows nothing about!?!?!? I am shocked i tell you. shocked.

Goose06
AG

I am attending a conference today and one of the speakers showed some very compelling data showing US and Europe monetary policy being a major driving force in the price of oil. If you compare the USD/Euro ratio to the price of oil for this century it had a 0.86 R Square. Then he overlayed when the US and Europe implemented QE which obviously had major impacts on the USD/Euro relationship but also had a meaningful impact on the price of oil. Makes you wonder how much of the price of oil has been impacted by the supply and demand dynamics and OPEC moves discussed here versus being driven by these government monetary policy actions.
Buck Compton
AG
Goose06 said:

I am attending a conference today and one of the speakers showed some very compelling data showing US and Europe monetary policy being a major driving force in the price of oil. If you compare the USD/Euro ratio to the price of oil for this century it had a 0.86 R Square. Then he overlayed when the US and Europe implemented QE which obviously had major impacts on the USD/Euro relationship but also had a meaningful impact on the price of oil. Makes you wonder how much of the price of oil has been impacted by the supply and demand dynamics and OPEC moves discussed here versus being driven by these government monetary policy actions.

We discussed this at length earlier in this thread somewhere. QE rounds aligned with price spikes.
Petengr
AG
Goose06 said:

We're at the same conference!
Goose06
AG
Shoot me an email at goose06.texags@gmail.com and we can try to meet up while here
Comeby!
AG
Can someone get a copy of the slide deck or literature on that?
Legal Custodian
AG
Comeby! said:

Can someone get a copy of the slide deck or literature on that?
Cepe
AG
You guys have time and money to go to a conference? Hope nobody notices back at work!
AgLA06
AG
It's funny because he's wrong, but he did preface all of that with I imagine / assume. He didn't state any of it as fact.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
fair point, I can only hope that those who already hate this industry read/listen with such a critical eye/ear and make that distinction...
topher06
Looks like the Marcellus is really ramping up production, gas will take a hit eventually if the acceleration continues.
Talon2DSO
AG
topher06 said:

Looks like the Marcellus is really ramping up production, gas will take a hit eventually if the acceleration continues.

Yep. Very optimistic up here. Anyone up here now?
Dr. Doctor
AG
Anyone read the report from a finance group that if the mexican tariff goes through, NatGas drops to $2?

Article

I knew we were sending Mexico lots of gas (and some oil), but would that stop EagleFord work or no? Thoughts?

~egon
agdad4x
Talked to my BIL who is a higher field supervisor with Halliburton at their Elmondorf camp and they are putting two frac crews back to work with another set to come back next month
Comeby!
AG
Randolph, RANDOLPH! We're back!
Aggielandma12
AG
aggies12thman
AG
Iran violated the UN with the ballistic missile test.

Look for sanctions to come soon. May be some boats and truck nuts in the near future.
lawless89
So with Rex officially signed in, how long till oil jumps to $80/barrel?
gigem1223
Just an FYI. For any engineers that have Haynesville completions experience, Covey Park is looking to hire one out of their Marshall field office.
Comeby!
The Original AG 76
AG
A totally unexpected 6.5 million bbl build is not good news. Even with the drop in ME production there still is just not enough demand. I know I sound like a broken record on this thing but so many are only looking at things like production cuts etc and are not understanding that it is the global demand side that is the key to a O&G recovery. A US REAL recovery is the key and there is finally hope of an actual recovery in this nation vs the anemic treading water we have seen the last 6 years.
Maverick06
AG
New positions posted at PXD for those interested. Keep an eye out as I think we should see a small bump in hiring here for a month or so.
txaggie_08
AG
Still nothing for my profession. Hoping things start picking up here soon on the hiring front.

Here's the link for anyone interested in viewing: https://pxd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PXDCareers
Bassmaster
AG
I don't work in the industry, but in the past, I have gotten calls from recruiters for O&G. I got the first one I've had in years yesterday from BHP. Hopefully things are picking up for everyone.
Ag2012
AG
Schiller, CFO Busmire, COO de Pinho all out at Energy XXI

http://ir.energyxxi.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1010328&CompanyID=EXXI
La Bamba
AG
CorpusAg09 said:

Pad drilling, longer lats, better bits, reducing # of casing strings, and cheaper lift systems are sustainable improvements.
Yes, but pale in comparison to higher drilling rig and frac fleet service costs. For the last two years, service providers have slashed their prices by over 50% just to keep work/market share. Once the market picks back up, you won't find frac companies that pump stages for anything less than 70-100K per stage. Drilling services will increase as well. Wells will not be as cheap as they are now. You best hope you still have some of that Tier 1 acreage lying around.
La Bamba
AG
gigem1223 said:

Plus tighter stage spacing, diverter, more pounds/ ft, etc. Operators are getting the most out of their wells. $50 oil is the new $70.
These items are not cost cuts. They literally all increase costs with the hope of increasing EUR. As I posted above, service costs will increase once the market picks back up. D&C costs will increase despite the "efficiencies" gained over the last 2.5 years. Sweet spot acreage will continue to be a must (this is not sustainable). Unless there is an enormous commodity price increase, I do not think we will see production sky-rocket to the level we saw prior the 2014 crash.
aggie028
No doubt they will but obviously if it kills profitability, the need for services will decline again.
First Page Last Page
Page 401 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.