Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,705 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TxAg20
One Tooth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SN spending billions on that field but up 25 percent. is this short covering or real appreciation?
Gig-Em2003
AG
Perhaps the market likes that fact that they got it for $2.3B versus the $3.0B that was rumored three months ago. Can't argue with the impact of the deal from an SN perspective.
Goose06
AG
Wpx buying panther

http://www.wpxenergy.com/news-and-media/press-releases/pressrelease.aspx?id=ae660e4a-9d5c-4f51-81af-535893e66bba
DripAG08
AG
Goose06 said:

Wpx buying panther

http://www.wpxenergy.com/news-and-media/press-releases/pressrelease.aspx?id=ae660e4a-9d5c-4f51-81af-535893e66bba

Hearing rumors XTO bought BOPCO.
Zemira
AG
Noble Energy to acquire Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billion

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/01/16/906082/0/en/Noble-Energy-to-Acquire-Clayton-Williams-Energy.html

Increases Delaware Basin acreage by 120,000 net acres
Furlock Bones
AG
hope claytie decides hand over a piece of that pie to his alma mater.
Sq16Aggie2006
Furlock Bones said:

hope claytie decides hand over a piece of that pie to his alma mater.

Just lay back and enjoy it
Aggielandma12
AG
Football facilities are due for an upgrade.
hbtheduce
AG
rdclarke said:

Goose06 said:

Wpx buying panther

Hearing rumors XTO bought BOPCO.

announced today, $5.6 billion
techno-ag
AG
Zemira said:

Noble Energy to acquire Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billion

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/01/16/906082/0/en/Noble-Energy-to-Acquire-Clayton-Williams-Energy.html

Increases Delaware Basin acreage by 120,000 net acres
Not surprised. When CWI started selling off leases around BCS a while back, figured some kind of change was coming.
toastercombo

mts6175
AG
Found this rather annoying. Powered by wind is manipulative marketing, and second, you brought wind power in when your entire backyard is in the middle of one of the largest natural gas finds in the world. If you really wanted to make an impact in the local community, pretty sure you guys can fill in the blank......

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103423050206741
BiochemAg97
AG
mts6175 said:

Found this rather annoying. Powered by wind is manipulative marketing, and second, you brought wind power in when your entire backyard is in the middle of one of the largest natural gas finds in the world. If you really wanted to make an impact in the local community, pretty sure you guys can fill in the blank......

Diversification of the energy supply is a good thing. But, I wonder where the wind farm is. Did they just sign a power purchase agreement with a wind farm in west Texas and claim it is all good.

I always find the 100% wind power amusing. It isn't like they runs wires straight to your site. Wind farms dumps electricity on grid just like everyone else, and a site pulls electricity off the grid just like everyone else. Seems like if you are going to pretend all your electricity coming from some distant wind farm, you should somehow account for the transmission line losses over the distance between the wind farm and the site.
Talon2DSO
AG
mts6175 said:

The one that bugs the **** out of me is the Facebook video circulating the claim that Las Vegas is now 100% powered by renewable energy. The very fine print is that only municipal buildings are powered by renewables, the rest of the city is thanks to the traditional fossil fuels.
Aggielandma12
AG
that wouldn't be smug enough

mts6175
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

mts6175 said:

Diversification of the energy supply is a good thing. But, I wonder where the wind farm is. Did they just sign a power purchase agreement with a wind farm in west Texas and claim it is all good.

I always find the 100% wind power amusing. It isn't like they runs wires straight to your site. Wind farms dumps electricity on grid just like everyone else, and a site pulls electricity off the grid just like everyone else. Seems like if you are going to pretend all your electricity coming from some distant wind farm, you should somehow account for the transmission line losses over the distance between the wind farm and the site.

Yep, exactly why I said it's nothing but manipulative marketing.

And I don't disagree with diversification of our energy sources, jist see a big opportunity missed to really "help" a community.
jbanda
AG
Not getting my hopes up.

http://www.offshoreenergytoday.com/woodmac-deepwater-will-spring-back-to-life-in-2017/
terradactylexpress
I'd be interested to know what some of the projects they are counting are. But 50% more of 0 is still 0...

AgLA06
AG
terradactylexpress said:

I'd be interested to know what some of the projects they are counting are. But 50% more of 0 is still 0...

MD2
Wiggletrace
AG
Does anyone here have any contacts at E&P companies that are located in Corpus? Specifically a G&G contact, but any lead would help.
agnatgas
AG
Quote:

Just lay back and enjoy it
Underrated post
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
Can anyone add commentary if oil field jobs, particularly in South Texas, have started to increase and what you think will be the oil field job activity over next 6 months. Thanks
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Is this CuppyCup with a name change?
Brush Country Ag
AG
cappycap said:

Can anyone add commentary if oil field jobs, particularly in South Texas, have started to increase and what you think will be the oil field job activity over next 6 months. Thanks
La Salle County...sure have seen an uptick in oilfield traffic over the past couple of months. Haven't seen that many rigs, but service companies, belly dumps and oil field related 18 wheelers have increased pretty dramatically over the last 60 days. Can't tell you why...just an uninformed observation.
Cyprian
AG
AgLA06 said:

terradactylexpress said:

Mad dog? Just competed some CP work for that last month

MD2
AgLA06
AG
Yes. Subsea hardware was awarded last week.
The Original AG 76
AG
AgLA06 said:

Yes. Subsea hardware was awarded last week.
who got the work ?
AgLA06
AG
I heard OneSubsea took it in the shorts to get something to do. Supoosedly at a loss. I Haven't seen any specifics yet.
Ragoo
AG
AgLA06 said:

I heard OneSubsea took it in the shorts to get something to do. Supoosedly at a loss. I Haven't seen any specifics yet.
seriously doubt they bid it at a loss
SpreadsheetAg
AG
nevermind
AgLA06
AG
Ragoo said:

AgLA06 said:

I would have thought so as well last year, but supposedly their backlog is almost empty and it's better to have BP pay for 90% of your cost than to either have people do nothing or lay off key personnel.

Again I haven't seen any specifics. Just what I had heard from a competitor that should know. Doesn't mean it isn't sour grapes.
cruzdoggie
AG
AgLA06 said:

Ragoo said:

AgLA06 said:

I would have thought so as well last year, but supposedly their backlog is almost empty and it's better to have BP pay for 90% of your cost than to either have people do nothing or lay off key personnel.

Again I haven't seen any specifics. Just what I had heard from a competitor that should know. Doesn't mean it isn't sour grapes.
Schlumberger had their call this morning. The OneSubea Backlog according to the report is $2.5 billion as of year end. I don't think that fits the description you just gave. I think that is probably one of the better backlogs in the industry.
The Original AG 76
AG
cruzdoggie said:

AgLA06 said:

Ragoo said:

AgLA06 said:

Schlumberger had their call this morning. The OneSubea Backlog according to the report is $2.5 billion as of year end. I don't think that fits the description you just gave. I think that is probably one of the better backlogs in the industry.
$ 2.5 B is really not great for a company the size of One. You also have to understand the nature of the backlog. Most of their work is many year long massive projects that are probably very mature. Possibly most of the engineering work is done, a lot of the manufacturing is done etc. They probably have a YUGE hole in their front end areas like the project guys and the engineering guys. These are the ones that are hardest to get in good times and most well run companies will do what it takes to keep the good ( young) engineering types .
Westi
AG
cappycap said:

Many companies are hiring again in south Texas. There seems to be a positive outlook on the future, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet.
atmtws
AG
Has supply decreased much over the past few months? Or is this increase emotionally driven because of recent politics (Trump, OPEC announcement last month, etc)?
First Page Last Page
Page 399 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.