Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,254,385 Views | 28622 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TheVarian
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My boss read this same thing because he is a big Elon Musk fan and he told me about the Solar City being a startup by Elon's cousin and that their model was to pair up with Tesla to do free installs for solar paneling on homes and provide electric cars. The solar paneling would be "free" because they would install and any power put back to the grid they would recoup the money on in lieu of you paying for the install.

My boss was intrigued so he called Solar City for install and they told him it was $46k and didn't seem to know anything about a free deal for put backs to the grid....

So it would seem there is not a system (yet) for payback overtime via put backs to the grid.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
My boss read this same thing and he is a big Elon musk fan..... Got a quote for the solar install and it $46k.... Not a system (yet) for payback overtime via put backs to the grid.

Could you make this a little more clear?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Better?
Goose06
AG
Anyone going to summer NAPE this week?
Poke_the_Bear
AG
So Natural Gas had a withdrawal out of storage last week, first time in 10 years to have a summer pull. Might be something positive.
jetch17
AG
quote:
meh, ill go down and walk the floor for a bit on Thursday. The general concensus for Summer NAPE is that it is one big ol' turd. Seems like the URTeC show last week is becoming the Summer show to attend.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:
meh, ill go down and walk the floor for a bit on Thursday. The general concensus for Summer NAPE is that it is one big ol' turd. Seems like the URTeC show last week is becoming the Summer show to attend.
TxAg20
AG
SM buying Rock Oil's (Riverstone backed PE company) holdings in Howard County for $980 million:

http://ir.sm-energy.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=90687&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2193624
GarlandAg2012
AG
quote:
SM buying Rock Oil's (Riverstone backed PE company) holdings in Howard County for $980 million:

$980MM - ~$175MM for the existing production (4900boe/d) = $805MM

$805MM/24,783 acres = ~$32,500/acre.

Even if you add in some production for the 2 news wells coming this month, looks like between $28k-$32k/acre.
Ag CPA
AG
quote:
WSJ reporting that OPEC members are reviving production freeze rumors (pretty much the same ones as last spring), nobody seems to be biting this time around.
Well scratch this thought, looks like the jawboning is helping push crude up this morning. The news came out on Thursday but it seems like traders didn't catch on until the weekend.

Wouldn't mind seeing it continue so I can get out of a few positions this week.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
quote:

Even if you add in some production for the 2 news wells coming this month, looks like between $28k-$32k/acre.

For those of us that don't deal with on land projects, is what high / low?
Satellite of Love
It's been interesting around here in the past week to say the least.
TxAg20
AG
$30,000/acre is in line with previous Howard County transactions. For the Midland Basin, the current high mark is either the PXD/Devon deal of $28K/acre for Wolfcamp B and below or the QEP/RK deal at ~$60,000/acre. On the low end, I'm sure there are small ground-level leases happening at $500-$1500 per acre, but the cheapest, large scale deal for good acreage I've heard of is Qstar/Endeavor at $17,500/acre. I think that deal came with a lot of litigation and title issues, otherwise it probably would have brought ~$30,000/acre.
Goose06
AG
What part of Howard county is this acreage in? I can't find any maps and can't find anything on Drilling Info for where Rock Oil's production is.
TxAg20
AG
They operate under JPM EOC.
austinaggie2012
Central Howard mostly. Spans North-South. I have minerals in 2 rock units that are doing pretty good both from the Wolf A. Wish I could get that much per acre. I imagine they are getting credit for more than one bench with that price tag.
Goose06
AG
quote:
They operate under JPM EOC.
Excellent, thank you sir.
Fitch
AG
Spoke with a friend from New Braunfels over the weekend. Sounds like there are fewer rigs in the storage yard there than even just a month ago.
DadsanAG
quote:

Thanks for the info. We deal a bit with Rock and I currently have a couple projects pending with SM so I'm curious to see how this shakes out in the coming months.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Spoke with a friend from New Braunfels over the weekend. Sounds like there are fewer rigs in the storage yard there than even just a month ago.

Because they are out working? Or did they get sold/scrapped?
Fitch
AG
He made it sound like they were getting mobilized, not scrapped.
AngryAG
So Mike Rothman is calling for $75 oil within about six months. The Raymond James analysts are in support, maybe higher by the end of 2017.

Apparently demand worldwide is stronger than previously expected. While US inventories are high, that is only about 10% of worldwide inventories. Thus, U.S. oil and gasoline inventories don't really tell the whole
global oil supply/demand story.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
So Mike Rothman is calling for $75 oil within about six months. The Raymond James analysts are in support, maybe higher by the end of 2017.

Apparently demand worldwide is stronger than previously expected. While US inventories are high, that is only about 10% of worldwide inventories. Thus, U.S. oil and gasoline inventories don't really tell the whole
global oil supply/demand story.
I've heard it before, but I'll believe it when I see it. (I'm definitely hoping for it)... Consistent and reliable worldwide demand and supply numbers are so hard to track down/believe for a number of reasons. Tough to gauge the overall market, so we will just say I am cautious here.
Aggielandma12
AG
That would be nice. I know we always joke about it but I really would like a new truck. $75 oil would help make that come true.
AngryAG
I'm cautious as well.

But I do have a theory that Saudi convinced the other OPEC members last year to hold their fire regarding the declining price of oil while Saudi flooded the market. Now the day has come to reward their patience and cooperation.

It now seems obvious that a lot of US shale players have been destroyed, employees moved on, and creditors too scared to fund aggressively in the sector. So soon Saudi does its buddies a solid, withdraws a bunch of its supply, and sends oil screaming higher?

That would serve several purposes:

1) Help the budgets of Saudi and other OPEC nations;
2) Leave non-OPEC producers with a painful reminder that Saudi will rinse and repeat the process if they (non-OPEC producers) get too frisky with production again.
Goose06
AG
Posting this here, saw this on linkedin:

quote:
Newfield Exploration is hiring. Reservoir Engineers, Geologists, Geophysicist, OpenText & Records SME(Records Principal), Sr Legal Counsel, Office Services/Facilities Lead to name a few. Please go to our website for a complete list of opportunities
smokeythebear
AG
I'm in the finance world and I wouldn't say creditors are scared. There's a lot of private money just sitting on the sidelines waiting to hop on the wave. Lot of people got hosed, but those same people know they can make it back by jumping back in at the right time. And as far as big lenders go, there's definitely going to be a much slower process, but the overall exposure to energy is minimal so it's not like they have damaged balance sheets now. If the market gets hot again, they'll be ready to play too.

The Saudis really just killed off the large off-shore projects, but the fracking industry is just evolving into something that will survive in the new market that is being created. It's not going away and it is only going to bounce back faster once the price gets back to $50.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:

Not sure where else they picked up acreage but doesn't look like they made much a return in the Linn acreage they acquired.
TxAg20
AG
I was told by an insider that the Linn acreage made up about 5,000 acres of the 24,000 and was valued higher than the rest of the acreage. Also, I was told the PDP value isn't as high as the typical metric as it's largely flush production right now. The acreage price averaged out to $32,500 per acre. Something surprising about this deal is it all developed in about 10 days as the result of an effort to raise private capital.

I'm not sure what their average cost per acre was, but I know a fair amount of their acreage was acquired for less than $2,500 per acre.
Goose06
AG
I was told river stone had about $120mm of equity in the deal so unless they had s ton of debt, riverstone just made a ton on the deal.
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:
I was told river stone had about $120mm of equity in the deal so unless they had s ton of debt, riverstone just made a ton on the deal.

Riverstone had around $400MM into it, plus a small amount of debt (<$50MM).

A little over a 2 bagger in a year.
Goose06
AG
Interesting, I'll have to ask this guy where he came up with $120 ($116 was actually the number he gave me).

Where did you get $400?
Maverick06
AG
Was it this thread where a guy started his own pipeline compliance company? Need his info asap.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
Was it this thread where a guy started his own pipeline compliance company? Need his info asap.
Pretty sure his user name is Talon2DSO...paging Talon
smokeythebear
AG
^^^
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 818

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.