Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,254,384 Views | 28622 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TheVarian
deadhead aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been awhile since we've heard of someone being laid-off, so I thought I would take this opportunity to get this thread back on track. Just got let go this morning after 16 years of service with one of the major O&G companies...........the big Dutch one. On the bright side, I should have some free time to catch some Aggie road games.........on the not-so bright side, I should have some free time to catch some Aggie road games.

If anyone is looking for a Supply Chain Manager with oil & gas, petrochemical, and information technology experience, perhaps I can throw my name in the hat.

Be kind to each other out there..............

Thanks.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Been awhile since we've heard of someone being laid-off, so I thought I would take this opportunity to get this thread back on track. Just got let go this morning after 16 years of service with one of the major O&G companies...........the big Dutch one. On the bright side, I should have some free time to catch some Aggie road games.........on the not-so bright side, I should have some free time to catch some Aggie road games.

If anyone is looking for a Supply Chain Manager with oil & gas, petrochemical, and information technology experience, perhaps I can throw my name in the hat.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. You mind if I ask location or the last group you were working with?

It's been brutal out there lately. Best of luck in your search. Take a week with your family to try to clear your head before starting the full-time job search. There's still people hiring out there.
Vernada
AG
Sorry to hear.

I've been out of work since early June. For O&G there's really not anything out there.
Foamcows
AG
I just gave my two week notice yesterday at Halliburton. I was on the logistics team working up by IAH. Responsibilities were performing adhoc analysis and developing dashboards that monitored shipment transit times and freight rates using Qlikview. If anyone has Qlikview experience with a background in SQL(nothing crazy, just basic queries), there will probably be something posted online soon.
Vernada
AG
Where are you headed?
Foamcows
AG
Moving to Seattle, tech company. Change of scenery, bigger opportunity for me. Old Hal colleague of mine recruited me and made an offer I couldn't ignore.
tamuags08
AG
Sounds like a Prime opportunity.
jbanda
AG
Congrats! I'm a bit envious. Living with a constant fear of running out of work in this industry weighs on me. The stress is always there.
Vernada
AG
Absolutely. Fortunately I had made plans with the assumption that I would be out of work at some point. So even though I'm out of work for two months and don't have any great prospects I'm not stressed or worried.
deadhead aggie
AG
At the Woodcreek facility. Unconventionals Projects.
Quite a bit of change as of late.

sts7049
AG
sorry to hear that. our UNC business is in for a rough road ahead for sure.
Ag CPA
AG
1.4MM crude build, but gasoline falls 3.3MM. Distillates build 1.2MM.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:

Thanks.
Being let go so late in the bust means that you were a valuable asset that they just couldn't keep. The early firings are a lot of house cleaning and getting rid of the old and infirm ( me).
The industry is now in the " eating their seed stock" mode and are really hurting themselves IF there is a significant recovery.
As I said earlier I'm hearing of a lot of ones and twos "layoffs" now of some very key people. This is not good news and re-inforces my belief that this is a very long term bust and a significant permanent change ( for the worse) in the entire energy industry.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks.
Being let go so late in the bust means that you were a valuable asset that they just couldn't keep. The early firings are a lot of house cleaning and getting rid of the old and infirm ( me).
The industry is now in the " eating their seed stock" mode and are really hurting themselves IF there is a significant recovery.
As I said earlier I'm hearing of a lot of ones and twos "layoffs" now of some very key people. This is not good news and re-inforces my belief that this is a very long term bust and a significant permanent change ( for the worse) in the entire energy industry.
I don't see this as bust though. The price was over inflated due to speculation. Now the fat is being cut and businesses are needing to operate like any other industry.
gougler08
AG
quote:
sorry to hear that. our UNC business is in for a rough road ahead for sure.
It's definitely a good time to be on the downstream side of things right with the big Dutch company
Buck Compton
AG
Yep. And with the Motiva split off, I imagine there may even be some new roles opening up.
terradactylexpress
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't see this as bust though. The price was over inflated due to speculation. Now the fat is being cut and businesses are needing to operate like any other industry.

Ragoo
AG
More of a self created bubble than a global market bust.
Ag CPA
AG
This is interesting, I think I ditched Yahoo! Messenger over a decade ago:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oil-traders-yahoo-idUSKCN10G0NL
Dan Scott
AG
Strong jobs report boost the dollar and causes oil to fall. That's cool.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
"Strong"
Charlie Murphy
quote:

Still very much normal practice to use that or AIM.
Zemira
AG
quote:
quote:

Still very much normal practice to use that or AIM.

At work we had yahoo then an internal client and now Skype for business.

I used yahoo 15 years ago. There are other IM platforms but it's been around so long that I'm guessing they were reluctant to change.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Still use AIM in the power business
pootiessock
Elon Musk is going to give away solar power. 100% free install. Social Media is buzzing about it, but I can't find it anywhere else on the web.
Talon2DSO
AG
Yep. I believe he bought Solar City
pootiessock
quote:

It seems he's going to build an energy company with it. Install the solar and pay him for your electricity. After 20 years they are yours. He's getting his sales team like a mlm would. Giving the residual income off of everything they 'sell', even though there is no cost. You just swap service and get it installed.

I'm being recruited to do sales. And I'm thinking it should be an easy sell.
3 Toed Pete
AG
quote:
Bought it and sold it. At the same time.
MemorialTXAg
quote:
quote:
Bought it and sold it. At the same time.

101 fraud. hillarious to see people fall for it.
Thriller
AG
quote:
quote:

It seems he's going to build an energy company with it. Install the solar and pay him for your electricity. After 20 years they are yours. He's getting his sales team like a mlm would. Giving the residual income off of everything they 'sell', even though there is no cost. You just swap service and get it installed.

I'm being recruited to do sales. And I'm thinking it should be an easy sell.
Not really how it works. I'd suggest some further research before you jump in. They are essentially a credit card company now that happen to make solar panels.
Buck O Five
AG
Solar City has abysmal reviews.
Ag CPA
AG
WSJ reporting that OPEC members are reviving production freeze rumors (pretty much the same ones as last spring), nobody seems to be biting this time around.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OPEC Members- Saudia Arabia!! You must freeze/cut production!
Saudia Arabia- Ok. Will y'all freeze/cut also?
OPEC Members- No! We cannot! We need the money! Why would we do that?!?!
SA-........
Post removed:
by user
Diyala Nick
AG
They will cut eventually. At whatever point they conclude that deep water production is not decreasing fast enough and US shale is here to stay, their logical action to maximize revenues will be to decrease production by a small percentage.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 818

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.