Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,273,234 Views | 28668 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by nu awlins ag
Wife is an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just got an email today that our Christmas party has been cancelled...
Comeby!
AG
Surprised someone is already thinking of that....
Dan Scott
AG
XOM added to Goldmans conviction buy list.
Dan Scott
AG
I think today when the EIA report comes out with a big build, we see a big flush down. I got a feeling today.
Talon2DSO
AG
Well ****
GarlandAg2012
AG
We cancelled ours in January or Feb...pretty much right after the 2014 one.
Dan Scott
AG
PXD provided production update lower than what was forecasted. In Q2 they were 197K BOE a day. Their earlier guidance was 198-203.

Eagleford will be flat growth but Permian 22-24% growth vs forecast 20%
GEA89
AG
quote:
I just got an email today that our Christmas party has been cancelled...
I'll be honest, as a small business owner I do not know how social events and profit sharing opportunities will continue anywhere except the fat cat large corporations. With Obamacare hammering our insurance costs and predictions that it will jump up again next round coupled with the economy being where it is any money used for such things just isn't there even for the stable companies.
LostInLA07
AG
US Crude below $50 again.
lotsofhp
AG
Stupid question, but where do you guys go to see the price of oil? Yahoo finance or something like that? Idk why this is so difficult for me.
AngryAG
"The latest data from the Energy Information Administration showed that US crude oil inventories rose by 2.5 million barrels in the week ending July 17.

That brought the total number of barrels to 463.9 million, keeping stockpiles at an 80-year high for this time of year."

Ramrod
AG
quote:
Stupid question, but where do you guys go to see the price of oil? Yahoo finance or something like that? Idk why this is so difficult for me.
http://www.bloomberg.com/energy
jpc08
AG
quote:
http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=CL
PPAag06
AG
quote:
Bloomberg works well but I prefer the below link. It shows the futures contracts as well.

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html
Dan Scott
AG
Well the price going opposite of my gut feel. I was thinking more pressure at 50 would cause it to bust down.
AngryAG
It probably hangs around $50 for a while and then things get ugly in September-October.
Dan Scott
AG
Baker Hughes halted down 5% there are rumors that the merger with Haliburton wont get approved.
Cepe
AG
http://www.dailyfx.com/crude-oil

I like this one - second chart for WTI. . .
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Baker Hughes halted down 5% there are rumors that the merger with Haliburton wont get approved.

I was told by a HAL employee the other day that the merger has about a 60% chance of going through. That is the scuttlebutt at HAL anyway.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm calling $28/barrel by Dec
Nomad
AG
quote:

The ****?! Don't say things like that
LostInLA07
AG
quote:

That would be devastating for the industry.
Dan Scott
AG
We got the breakdown and close below $50 at $49.19. The dollar is getting stronger and supply isn't slowing down.
aggiebonzo
AG
$60-65 by Dec 1st. Just my $.02.
Out in Left Field
AG
What am I going to do with all this Gallery Furtinure??
JP_Losman
AG
$75 by dec 2016

Unrest will breakout in one of the OPEC radical hotbed countries like Libya or Algeria
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
What am I going to do with all this Gallery Furtinure??
Sell it to a refinery worker, I'm sure they'll have plenty of money.
delta-lima88
AG
In a regulatory meeting yesterday, we heard a "guru" say "no way we'll see $30 oil this year or the next."

I don't think he considered the release of Iranian storage (crude & condensate) hitting the world market.

NOW I'm worried.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
quote:
$75 by dec 2016

Unrest will breakout in one of the OPEC radical hotbed countries like Libya or Algeria
Nomad
AG
No reason to worry now. Nobody has a clue.
aggiemike02
AG
surely if he is a "guru" he considered that...
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
quote:

The ****?! Don't say things like that

We need demand to catch up to supply and the basturds at opec aren't budging. Not enough demand out there to support higher prices. Definitely need Bric to demand more fuel. If we can make it through this doldrum and draw down the global supply, I'd feel more optimistic. Right now I'm just having a really really bad day
Talon2DSO
AG
This is what I DO see:

OPEC continues downward pressure on global oil prices making their members, especially the smaller ones, cry uncle. We, the US, see a bump in GDP thanks to lower energy prices. While OPEC is getting weaker our overall economy is getting stronger. This bump will also be a great time to improve our infrastructure, build new facilities, and start exporting LNG. We make it through this doldrum and we will have overcome the OPEC cartel. It's going to hurt for a little bit. But let's make it through
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
In a regulatory meeting yesterday, we heard a "guru" say "no way we'll see $30 oil this year or the next."

I don't think he considered the release of Iranian storage (crude & condensate) hitting the world market.

NOW I'm worried.
Most have considered this.

That's why oil dove once the Iran deal went through.
Natasha Romanoff
The spread between supply and demand isn't a huge spread. Back during the initial drop, I think I read it was somewhere around 1-2% difference. We just got done hearing from our management and they made a comment I agree with - most people probably believe that the world is just floating in oil right now, and that isn't the case. Is there a supply glut? Yes. But it's not as huge as many people think.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.