Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,273,229 Views | 28668 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by nu awlins ag
Maverick06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
52wk low for PXD today.
Comeby!
AG
quote:
52wk low for PXD today.

I'm about to double down.
PetroAg13
AG
O&G getting crushed this morning. 52 week lows everywhere, what gives? Finally feeling Iran deal or people selling off in anticipation of q2 earnings?
ktownag08
AG
I'm averaging my position down.
El Chupacabra
My 3 O&G holdings are COP, CLB, and FENY. Brutal on all of them. All in retirement accounts...hoping they're back to even in the next 25 years.
Pabby
AG
I'm sorry but stuff like this ^^ cracks me up.
Aggielandma12
AG
Hearing from multiple sources that COP will be divesting all of its non producing GOM leases.
PPAag06
AG
quote:
Hearing from multiple sources that COP will be divesting all of its non producing GOM leases.
I'm hearing that COP will have "cuts the likes you have never seen before" coming by end of Q3. Heard pieces of the above also.
Comeby!
AG
quote:

I'm curious to know what you mean by this.
tamuags08
AG
http://fuelfix.com/blog/2015/07/16/conocophillips-to-scale-back-deep-water-exploration-and-gulf-of-mexico-programs/#34117101=0

quote:
The move will require ConocoPhillips to pay Ensco monthly termination fees equal to the about $550,000-per-day operating rate for two years, according to a statement from Ensco. Those fees could be reduced if Ensco is able to re-contract the rig within that time period.

Ornithopter
AG
Looks like we are gonna test $50.00 today.

Oof.
LostInLA07
AG
US crude dips below $50 for first time since April 6
Post removed:
by user
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
quote:
Gotta be Lewis. They are fairly integrated and probably own their own frac spreads. Lewis is mostly on the dry gas side of the EF.
I don't know how much they might have divested but as of last fall they owned 3 frac spreads and i believe 12 drilling rigs. as well as several WL trucks and workover rigs. they basically had an in house service company built up to where they didn't have to go outside in order to run their operation. They even own(ed) their own sand mine. I worked a partnership with them and we used to joke that "If we use something more than twice, Rod is going to start looking at buying one"

El Chupacabra
quote:
quote:
I'm hearing that COP will have "cuts the likes you have never seen before" coming by end of Q3. Heard pieces of the above also.

Heard the same from a friend at cop. Said it'll be at least as bad as the spring cuts. And to think I was pissed that I didn't get the job I interviewed there for last spring.
ChemEAg08
AG
Just read an article/opinion piece on Reuters saying COP's dwindling ambitions may make it a target for other integrated O&Gs.

Not linking because it is a pay article.
GEA89
AG
quote:
From what I understand, cost of transportation the west coast makes Long Beach a dying bet...GOM is apparently what is being bet on. Goldman Sachs was doubling down on the area.
That is good for Texas if so
El Chupacabra
quote:
Just read an article/opinion piece on Reuters saying COP's dwindling ambitions may make it a target for other integrated O&Gs.

Not linking because it is a pay article.

I think someone should offer $100/share for them.
lotsofhp
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too
Dan Scott
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too

I think he means the idea of parking your money in a dead stock to only break even after 25 years when you can use that money for better things. I don't know if it's worth cracking up about though.
lotsofhp
AG
He has a point then
Cepe
AG
I worked for COP for right at 20 years. No faith in their leadership at all after the Burlington purchase.
Comeby!
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too

I think he means the idea of parking your money in a dead stock to only break even after 25 years when you can use that money for better things. I don't know if it's worth cracking up about though.

Dead stock is a judgement call. Even then there's a time aspect to this.
rcannaday
AG
Shell thinks were 5+ Years before oil prices recover Read Here
Comeby!
AG
quote:

I ought to call their marketing group up and see if I can get a few swaps.
pfo
AG
Our O&G business.... Ugh! I am having zero fun!
IrishTxAggie
AG
What is the recover price?? Technically the recover price can be anything above the low. Does he mean WTI being at $100+/bbl? Just more rambling to me.
xMusashix
AG
quote:

Is there another article? The one linked doesn't say that, or has the article been changed?

mts6175
AG
Am I reading this right? Halliburton is getting into the E&P game?

Halliburton secures $500 million to fund drilling in old wells
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
What is the recover price?? Technically the recover price can be anything above the low. Does he mean WTI being at $100+/bbl? Just more rambling to me.
Exactly. I don't think he is unreasonable, but it all depends on what he counts as "recovered". This time next year I think we are still below $60-$65. By end of 2016 I think we could get to a sustained $75-$80. Beyond that I have no idea. I have this thought that oil is going to trade in the next 10 years in a narrow band, almost what natural gas does. Higher prices almost immediately result in an increase in supply, dropping it right back down. Since 2009 gas has never been about $6, and rarely above $5. That's a big change over the preceding era. Oil may now be in a similar era with the advancement in fracking technology allowing new supply to rapidly hit the market with any price increase. I could easily see the $60-$80 range becoming the new norm.
FarmerJohn
AG
No, Halliburton is providing financial assistance to get people to use more Halliburton services. It's like GM offering 0% financing to get people to buy more SUV's.
aggiemike02
AG
its a very poorly written article.
AgCPA95
AG
quote:
No, Halliburton is providing financial assistance to get people to use more Halliburton services. It's like GM offering 0% financing to get people to buy more SUV's.
Took a trip to SE New Mexico last week with family and passed multiple Halliburton field offices that looked to be overflowing with idle equipment.
GEA89
AG
quote:
quote:

Is there another article? The one linked doesn't say that, or has the article been changed?

Correct, the article actually talks about the effect of the O&G business on the economy but not the O&G business as far as a time frame of recovery.
gbreaux361
That article is terribly written, they are going to offer cash/funding strapped operators in good acreage the financing for developing a refrac program. This will help with cash flow, as well as upping the value of their acreage.
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.