Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,278,683 Views | 28676 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Comeby!
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Futures trader?
oldarmy1
AG
Oil over $70
SpreadsheetAg
AG
And we're over $70 this morning
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Bass boats and 4 wheelers time?
Goose06
AG
is this the highest we've seen since 2014? I wonder how much the price is being driven by Permian basin takeaway limitations/concerns?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Likely not a huge driver in any costs but I'll share with you some things going on my end.

One of my company's divisions produces OGC (organoclay) and one of the primary component is quaternary ammonium. Quat is primarily produced by two companies: Akzo and Solvay. Both having very large operations in China. Production has been nonstop running their plants 24/7 for quat. Well in the wonderful wisdom of the Chinese government, they recently banned these plants from operating more than 12hrs/day due to "pollution".
Gordo14
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/wts-argus-vs-wti-calendar-spread-swap-futures.html

Am I reading this right. There's a $13 differential at the wellhead in Midland compared to Cushing
Furlock Bones
AG
Gordo14 said:

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/wts-argus-vs-wti-calendar-spread-swap-futures.html

Am I reading this right. There's a $13 differential at the wellhead in Midland compared to Cushing
no. it's -13.00 at Midland tank farm not the wellhead. more importantly, the spread between Midland the coast is even greater. -15.5 to -16.50 depending on whether your in Houston or Louisiana.

have to deduct in the truck cost (assuming its not gathered on a pipe)

so, assume a producer in Upton county is selling their production at the wellhead on to a truck with no hedges or other price mechanisms involved.

it likely costs them anywhere from 1.85-2.50 to move it on a truck.

if WTI is trading 70, then the producer is realizing something something like $55.
Javelina
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Likely not a huge driver in any costs but I'll share with you some things going on my end.

One of my company's divisions produces OGC (organoclay) and one of the primary component is quaternary ammonium. Quat is primarily produced by two companies: Akzo and Solvay. Both having very large operations in China. Production has been nonstop running their plants 24/7 for quat. Well in the wonderful wisdom of the Chinese government, they recently banned these plants from operating more than 12hrs/day due to "pollution".

They pulled a similar move with choline chloride. This is how they are meeting their new emissions rules instead of upgrading their plants.
IrishTxAggie
AG
We deal with that too. Aocter is our supplier for choline chloride.
gbreaux361
If ya'll need choline shoot me a PM, we distribute that all over the US.
AggieOil
AG
TxAg20 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

That's impressive. Wonder what kind of completion they put on those.

Probably an oil frac.

Que?
Premium
AG
So what's the latest with company's health, etc with these higher prices? Did many companies hedge in the 50 range so they aren't able to take advantage of these higher prices (thought I remember this being a topic at the time)?

Everyone growing / hiring?
TriumphForks
AG
Last I heard (a couple weeks ago) we have about half of our production hedged at $60. I have a feeling companies are hiring more, as I am about to move companies.
Gordo14
TriumphForks said:

Last I heard (a couple weeks ago) we have about half of our production hedged at $60. I have a feeling companies are hiring more, as I am about to move companies.

I just accepted a job at an E&P company in Midland. It was time to get out of California.
txaggie_08
AG
Come on to the Petroplex. Ive been out here about 3 months now, and have really liked it.
mts6175
AG
We need to get a Midland Ag's lunch or happy hour going....
what say you
So what are you O&G folks thinking... is the current $70 sustainable for the long term (2 years or greater) or do you think it declines before then and heads back to $50 or so?
IrishTxAggie
AG
$60-70 assuming no major geopolitical conflicts.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I think we'll touch 74ish in the next couple weeks then pull back to the mid 60s for a little while.
Ragoo
AG
How many rigs are standing up over the next three months?
TxAg20
AG
AggieOil said:

TxAg20 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

That's impressive. Wonder what kind of completion they put on those.

Probably an oil frac.

Que?

Years ago, people would frac formations with oil instead of water. Usually in formations with sensitive clays. The ones I've seen were usually 4,000 bbls or smaller. A 12,000 bbl/day well would make sense if they frac'd it with oil instead of water.
Goose06
AG
Speaking of Devon, rumors are out there that they are selling their Reeves/ward county acreage. It's not a huge position, but I'm curious who might be buying that. Anyone hear any rumors on the buyer?
AgLA06
AG
Thoughts on Dover Corp spinning of Apergy? I don't have much background on either and was curious what the word on the street is.
JSKolache
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Bass boats and 4 wheelers time?
$80 = Raptors
barney94
AG
Goose -

They are running a data room process on that acreage. The teaser just came out. Who knows who the buyer will be.
nu awlins ag
AG
I'm hearing that the pipelines are running near capacity from a meeting I was in. This could delay a lot of wells being completed since there is no avenue for shipping. I was under the impression that there was plenty of lines in west Texas. It's a double edge sword....
techno-ag
AG
nu awlins ag said:

I'm hearing that the pipelines are running near capacity from a meeting I was in. This could delay a lot of wells being completed since there is no avenue for shipping. I was under the impression that there was plenty of lines in west Texas. It's a double edge sword....
Maybe that'll prop the price up some more.
Gordo14
nu awlins ag said:

Yes. I've been seeing Midland crude selling at a $11 discount to WTI.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Gordo14 said:

nu awlins ag said:

I've heard talk of $15+ discount to WTI by year end and early 2019. Worry is strong enough that we plan to shift all new completion activity for the end of 18 beginning of 19 out of the basin into areas with less discount, to allow pipeline takeaway to catch up and minimize the impact to our.
Ragoo
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Gordo14 said:

nu awlins ag said:

I've heard talk of $15+ discount to WTI by year end and early 2019. Worry is strong enough that we plan to shift all new completion activity for the end of 18 beginning of 19 out of the basin into areas with less discount, to allow pipeline takeaway to catch up and minimize the impact to our.
where will you be refocusing, if you don't mind me asking.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Primarily Eagle Ford
Ulrich
I've been getting whiffs of activity increases in pretty much every basin. Aside from the price, those Permian diffs are going to be a bear until around 1Q20.
techno-ag
AG
I wonder if the counties around BCS will pick back up? Saw a huge rig completed out on Sandy Point Rd. in Brazos Co. It now has I think 2 or 3 pumpjacks and about 18 tanks.
aggie028
Furthering the conspiracy, Devon made request to the OCD to keep the completion confidential.
First Page Last Page
Page 460 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.