Coming to CO - WEAR A MASK

17,794 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teslag
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an FYI - if all of TX keeps coming up here not wearing masks and preaching about their constitutional rights - TX will be placed on a travel restriction - the grumbling are almost at a roar level and we all see what's happening - if you come from a state that's Corona central and think we're cool being putting us in harms way - you're a fool - I'll be real - we don't want most of TX here, we don't need TX here to make a great living, and the last thing we will let happen is TX vacations endanger our families over politics - it's all about being respectful to the people that call CO home - it's not about your vacation - it's about our lives.

When counties and municipalities are having to pass emergency mandatory face coverings (which is happening), the next step is an outright travel restriction.. Eagle County is not far from making that a reality if things don't change dramatically.

If every local wears a mask inside and out - follow their lead - don't make it about you. Be the person that steps up and respectfully changes our opinion. I know the 12th man - don't make us look like a bunch of tu Suppository Sallies or Bank of Mom and Dad SMU grads.

It's really simple - if can't or don't want to wear a mask - stay home or go camping by yourself. All you're doing is making it more likely you won't be welcomed back until this **** passes for good.
Fairview
AG
Eagle County just put a mask requirement in today. I'm a Texan that moved to the mountains almost 6 years ago and know the economy in the mountains is driven by tourism but the OP is right that the anti-Texan and anti-Californian rhetoric with a lot of the people here. I'm not a fan of that personally but its a weird divide between business owners and others that's happening right now.
Stat Monitor Repairman
JustPanda
AG
Avon and Vail passed it Yesterday - county board was there and agreed they should do something - the DV cities were the ones holding out but they don't push the eco like BC and Vail so it was a matter of time until the Crown Jewels got their way plus they ha r the largest influx of tourists.
tmaggies
AG
Bye
JustPanda
AG
I grew up here and respectfully disagree - i knew both Vail and BC when BC was a quad and
3 t chairs - My dad was on 19 6 cars back in 76 when the vail gondy dropped - I'm sorry but I will vehemently disagree - we aren't driven by TX - for the most part we're driven by wealthy Hispanic and Europeans - i used to manage the Vail (Lionshead) and BG PSS offices - i know they sales numbers by state - Breck needs TX - we don't - so when people come in to our house telling us their behavior isn't our issue it shows a true level of self absorbed selfishness, ignorance, and a misplaced superiority complex that honestly helped create the situation from the get go.

All I'm saying is show respect to people that live here and we won't need to pass emergency ordy's or an outright ban - it's sad it's gotten to that point but it highlights that if you want to come here and not care we don't care for you to be here - it's simple
JustPanda
AG
Adios Jerry
I Am A Critic
Ooooohhhh....Colorado Tough Guy appears
Username checks out.
JustPanda
AG
Texans are too much -

Do us all a favor and just stay home and catch Corona on your time in your house. We don't want you, we don't need you, so do us a favor and stay home.
Al Bula
AG
What does it matter? Coloradoans already get super butthurt about texans.
Yesterday
AG
Man, I wasn't planning on going to Colorado and if I did I would obviously respect the local laws or requests of private businesses, but now I just want to wear boots a thong and a big FU shirt as a stride through this guy's town.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Yeah right... ski resorts were an early source of community spread, so consider it payback.

And yes, Colorado does need the influx of money that comes from Texas, don't kid yourself.
Drip99
AG
Well I just booked a condo in keystone. They seemed fine taking my money. I will come, wear a mask, obey local ordinance, keep distance and generally mind my own business while enjoying the outdoors and cooler temps with a few local friends and my family. Hope that's fine with the folks in Colorado
hillcountryag86
AG
JustPanda said:

Texans are too much -

Do us all a favor and just stay home and catch Corona on your time in your house. We don't want you, we don't need you, so do us a favor and stay home.

Umm, you absolutely do need Texans to survive.
txaggie05
AG
Been in Colorado for the last 8 days.

Have worn a mask every time I've walked into a building.

You're welcome. Now settle down.
Jock 07
AG
I loved my three years living in CO and am doing all I can to get back after this assignment, even still own a house there. The anti-Texan sentiment that permeated through much of the state was always quite grating.
Tube
CO and NM just looking for someone to blame. Those "not from round here" are an easy target.
fire09
AG
JustPanda, where does your authority to speak for all Colorado residents come from? Did you print yourself a certificate naming yourself as ambassador? Are you greeting visitors at the airport, or hiding in your basement? I bet the latter.
Here4Beer
AG
Wow, JustPanda sounds like a real progressive with the "we don't need your kind around here" attitude. Myself and everyone I know is fine with wearing a mask, especially where it's mandatory. It sounds like you really just don't care for Texans in general regardless of Covid.
agdaddy04
AG
Just got back from our block party, here in Colorado, and nobody was wearing a mask. So you obviously don't speak for everyone in this state.
Stymied
AG
For someone whose livelihood depends on tourism, it is really odd for you to bag on one of your major customer bases..

And as much as you want to think Vail is driven by Mexicans and Europeans, most of the major CO resorts have a huge tie to TX. I'm actually a little amused that you would prefer non US tourism (and likely land ownership).
agdaddy04
AG
Are there even many international flights happening at this point?
JustPanda
AG
Now mandatory in Summit and Clear Creek Counties as well
JustPanda
AG
Actually they really don't -I lo low the numbers - I used to manage the numbers. TC makes up leas than 11% of the total pass sales for US mountains across all states - California is #1 Colorado #2 NY #3 FL- the mispaced concept that BC/Vail heavily rely on TX or is true during TX spring break otherwise if you weren't weren't here someone else would fill the space - TX just books quickly.

Which mountain is the only mountain with over 20% net TX sales : Breckenridge which is why locals do t slide breck. 30/45 minute lift lines on a mountain that isn't worth the day rate - that's why the local epic limits you to 10 days BC/Vail combined? It's strategic on bails behalf. Ever notice to get unlimited vail/BC you need the full epic? It's no coincidence
JustPanda
AG
That's just dumb - i doubt no one had one on - your spring TX mentality and attitude shows.
HoustonAg12
AG
I'm here in Colorado now. Local golf course shop employee told me someone is running around and writing on cars with Texas License plates to go back home and nasty other words on it.

OP?

Funny enough she said all the local shops are welcoming Texas tourists right now with open arms since sales are down...
Austintm
JustPanda said:

Actually they really don't -I lo low the numbers - I used to manage the numbers. TC makes up leas than 11% of the total pass sales for US mountains across all states - California is #1 Colorado #2 NY #3 FL- the mispaced concept that BC/Vail heavily rely on TX or is true during TX spring break otherwise if you weren't weren't here someone else would fill the space - TX just books quickly.

Which mountain is the only mountain with over 20% net TX sales : Breckenridge which is why locals do t slide breck. 30/45 minute lift lines on a mountain that isn't worth the day rate - that's why the local epic limits you to 10 days BC/Vail combined? It's strategic on bails behalf. Ever notice to get unlimited vail/BC you need the full epic? It's no coincidence
You sound highly intelligent

We have spent a lot of time at a number of different spots in Colorado (Telluride the most) Winter and Summer. Notwithstanding your ramblings, I cannot tell you how many Texans we run into and how many friends/friends of friends we know that go there regularly. Also can't even begin to recount the number of business owners/workers that talk about how much they depend on $$$ from Texas. But, hey, whatever makes you feel better.
agdaddy04
AG
JustPanda said:

That's just dumb - i doubt no one had one on - your spring TX mentality and attitude shows.

No it's not just "dumb". Thanks for your bias showing though.
Furlock Bones
AG
wow, i didn't know pandas were such whiners.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Such an impressive flex by the OP.
Phat32
AG
Sounds like some in Colorado are hoping to go the route of Hawaii
JustPanda
AG
We don't depend on Texans. Typical TX dying to feel important when they aren't. That's why your stage is the butt of most others jokes. Your states a clown show. Watch the news.

With that said, Wear a mask or stay the **** home - It's the law
JustPanda
AG
Stay in TX - we don't want you nor do we need you - the personal anecdotes of why you think we do don't matter - we don't.

I can't wait for them to pass the travel restrictions that are working their way through the legislature.

[Let's tone it down a notch or few - Texags Staff]
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
JustPanda said:

Stay in TX and get ****ed - we don't want you nor do we need you - the personal anecdotes of why you think we do don't matter - we don't.

I can't wait for them to pass the travel restrictions that are working their way through the legislature.

Ignorant state with ignorant people

Opposed to all your personal anecdotes? Tell me, if it's not tourism, then what industry do all those little small towns run on? I love them and don't ever act like the people in them owe me anything when I'm there, but it's not hard to figure out what's goin on when the most prevalent license plate in some of those places is Texas.

Also I don't think you know how a virus works... just about everyone in Colorado will get this thing just like everyone in Texas will.

Clown
farmer95
AG
JustPanda said:

Ignorant state with ignorant people
So wait...didn't you make the choice to attend college and graduate from a school in this state?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.