*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

749,563 Views | 12651 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Super Aggie 64
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leody game tying home run! Win the final home game for the fans!
GrapevineAg
AG
Here at the park and those were awesome! We could definitively knock them out of the post season.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Ballgame! Marcus walks it off!
Hello Win Column!
heavens11
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Must have won on penetrations

DallasAg 94
Super Aggie 64 said:

Wyatt 3 run home run!
Still some games remaining, but where does everyone see Langford in terms of ROY?
Tksymm7
AG
Probably getting a vote or two from some local media members. Bout it.
DallasAg 94
I think he "should" finish 3rd, but will likely end up 5th in voting.
Tksymm7
AG
It was a pretty average season for rookies in the AL.
South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Wyatt 3 run home run!
Still some games remaining, but where does everyone see Langford in terms of ROY?
He's been great. I don't recall any horrible slumps. He's consistent and has figured out how to hit with power in the 2nd half of the season. He could be one of our all-time greats.

And he hasn't thrown tantrums when he's gotten repeatedly screwed on strike calls on pitches off the plate. That should earn him a better zone in years to come.
94chem
South Platte said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Wyatt 3 run home run!
He's been great. I don't recall any horrible slumps. He's consistent and has figured out how to hit with power in the 2nd half of the season. He could be one of our all-time greats.

And he hasn't thrown tantrums when he's gotten repeatedly screwed on strike calls on pitches off the plate. That should earn him a better zone in years to come.
Mainly it just convinces the umps that they can screw you over more and they won't have to hear about it. David Murphy's strike zone was in the third base dugout by the time he retired.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Flounder Dorfman
AG
He showed a lot of poise for a rookie. He's been really impressive in his first year and has all the makings of a future star.

And on a side note, he probably kept his poise since he knows the challenge system is coming next season.
Jimtim1216
S
My 2 cents worth. With all of the injuries I'm not sure what we should have expected. I see a very bright future, especially next season.
PatAg
AG
94chem said:

South Platte said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Wyatt 3 run home run!

Mainly it just convinces the umps that they can screw you over more and they won't have to hear about it. David Murphy's strike zone was in the third base dugout by the time he retired.
The umps do actually review the data in the offseason, and they learn which players actually have good eyes and which dont.
shack009
AG
PatAg said:

94chem said:

South Platte said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Wyatt 3 run home run!

The umps do actually review the data in the offseason, and they learn which players actually have good eyes and which dont.

Maybe they should spend more time trying to figure out where the strike zone actually is.
Mathguy64
AG
I know we want to stay off each other's threads (for good reason) but this is a fascinating video by Jomboy on how catchers are moving forward in the catchers box to get calls. Hopefully you all find it as fascinating as I did. It's all about fooling the umpire.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, some catchers are definitely getting closer to work umps. I don't have 2024 stats, but anecdotally, it seems like I've seen a lot more catchers interference than ever this year. And last year was a MLB record by far. 4X the number of calls vs 10 years ago

94chem
With as much as we complain about umpires, it's amazing that they do as well as they do. I understand that with good eyes and enough training, the inside/outside stuff can be handled okay, but the high/low calls seem impossible. Same way I used to feel about tennis umpires...if only there were something that could be done...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
sburg2007
With six games left, it seems like yesterday I was rolling into Glf to see the crooked banner unveiled. This season hasn't gone as any of us hoped and honestly I haven't been able to watch every game since May but, I'm and really sad the season is ending.

It means we're closer to the holidays which is my favorite time of year but I'll miss the season.
KT 90
AG
sburg2007 said:

With six games left, it seems like yesterday I was rolling into Glf to see the crooked banner unveiled. This season hasn't gone as any of us hoped and honestly I haven't been able to watch every game since May but, I'm and really sad the season is ending.

It means we're closer to the holidays which is my favorite time of year but I'll miss the season.
We at least get one more deGrom and one more Rocker start. I think it was pretty key for them both to get some starts in to see live bullets at the mlb level. What is working/not working pitch assortment wise, prior to the off-season. They know what they need to work on. Mahle too, but he had some stiffness or something that supposedly wasn't bad if I recall (supposedly can happen post-TJ surgery?). At least they all got some innings in which will help them be prepared for Spring Training.

We got CY signed to lead the way. Now we need the big wigs to figure out a tv deal so they know what they have to work with money-wise and not the dreaded "revenue uncertainty" when the tv deal is still up in the air.

cmiller00
AG
Be great if the Rangers could do a local TV deal like the Mavs. Sure going to miss Rangers playoff baseball.

Hoping a longer offseason to heal up and refocus gives us a strong start next year. Excited about the pitching. With so many guys coming off injury will be interesting to see how the staff is handled.
Legal Custodian
AG
I'm hoping they join Victory+ with the Stars
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Counting down the days until I can cancel Direct Stream!
South Platte
KT 90 said:

sburg2007 said:

We at least get one more deGrom and one more Rocker start. I think it was pretty key for them both to get some starts in to see live bullets at the mlb level. What is working/not working pitch assortment wise, prior to the off-season. They know what they need to work on. Mahle too, but he had some stiffness or something that supposedly wasn't bad if I recall (supposedly can happen post-TJ surgery?). At least they all got some innings in which will help them be prepared for Spring Training.

We got CY signed to lead the way. Now we need the big wigs to figure out a tv deal so they know what they have to work with money-wise and not the dreaded "revenue uncertainty" when the tv deal is still up in the air.

Bradford too.

I kinda wish we had given Seattle the win on Sunday. That would put them 3 back with 2 more vs. Houston. Would be positively scrumptious if Houston choked this away in the last week. Framber probably ends Seattle's season tonight.
shack009
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I'm hoping they join Victory+ with the Stars
I'm wondering if other local teams are keeping a close eye on how Victory+ is doing early in the year. If that sees success early on, maybe there is announcement by the New Year that the Rangers will be on Victory+.
94chem
And we need for Jung to decide if he's gonna be more like the oft-injured Seager, or the rarely available Trout. Garcia didn't have the year we wanted, but he still shows up every day. And 23/80 isn't the worst thing that can happen if you have Carter/Jung/Lowe/Seager actually deciding to play baseball for a full season.
94chem,
94chem
And how the heck did Jankowski get 100+ games of action? I like the guy, but that's just way too much Legolas on the field.
94chem,
Water Boy
AG
Injuries were certainly a factor this year but we just have to play better. Too many guys didn't perform this year. Last year we had guys step up and this year we didn't have that. If our players can play somewhere in between last year and this year we will be just fine.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not gonna miss watching the Rangers play the As in this stupid park. Hope to sweep them out of the park for the last series it will ever have
Water Boy
AG
How many RBIs for Langeliers this series? I'll guess six.
shack009
AG
Water Boy said:

How many RBIs for Langeliers this series? I'll guess six.
What about games 2 and 3?
shack009
AG
Painful way to steal a run...

I hate that rule by the way. Maybe it's always been the rule, but when I was growing up we learned the hands are part of the bat. That should be a foul ball. Makes no sense that the knob of the bat is a foul ball then as you work your way up the bat there is this small area where its a HBP and then it's foul again when the hands end. Makes absolutely no sense.
cmiller00
AG
cmiller00
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Typical small dicked houston loser. The anchor fanbase of aggie sports. Always so obsessed with other teams, other programs, etc. Broken.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 362

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.