*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

749,561 Views | 12651 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Super Aggie 64
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No God Bless America in the 7th.

THANK GOD
shack009
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Toronto's Pitchers aren't off, we're getting no-hit

Gausmam always seems to own us. I have no data to back this up, just recent anecdotes and my personal hatred towards him.
South Platte
10 of our 80 losses have been shutouts. Seems high. So many pathetic offensive efforts.
DallasAg 94
Contract year. All Aces.
DallasAg 94
shack009 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

Toronto's Pitchers aren't off, we're getting no-hit

Gausmam always seems to own us. I have no data to back this up, just recent anecdotes and my personal hatred towards him.
6-3 in 11GS (12G) with a 3.66 ERA in 71.1 and 69 SO

Ws is T5
ERA is 17th.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=gausmke01&year=Career&t=p
Jimmy McNulty
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Contract year. All Aces.

Didn't realize that. Woof. What a year to have to try to get a final contract.
_lefraud_
AG
I caught a foul ball one handed today in front of my son, he thought I was the coolest.

I rewatched the telecast but sadly the cameras didn't follow this one.
ryanhnc10
AG
I know this is a Rangers thread, but holy **** Shohei is insane
Grapesoda2525
3 series to go before this 2024 season is mercifully over.
DallasAg 94
And just to be clear... 2025 is his final Arb year. Prior to 2024, he went to Arbitration and prior to actual presentations, the Rangers gave him a little more than they had offered, but less than he was asking, but it was part of a 2 yr deal. So, they locked up 2025 at a favorable price for Adolis.

I believe... personally, that the who Arb process for a guy like Adolis is a bad thing. He wears his emotion on his sleeve and not getting what he was asking will wear on him emotionally. He'll feel disrespected and undervalued. Where some guys take that as a way to raise their game and "show them"... IMO< Adolis isn't that guy.

Glad they locked him up for 2025. I think he'll have a blowout MVP caliber season knowing he is going to get paid. Or he may just put so much pressure on himself that he ****s the bed.
CowtownAg06
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

I know this is a Rangers thread, but holy **** Shohei is insane
We are watching something more insane than 10 year old would write into a baseball movie.
GreasenUSA
AG
ESPN names Jankowski's Catch of the year

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/41300688/jeff-passan-2024-mlb-awards-regular-season-twist-judge-soto-ohtani

GreasenUSA
AG
But also names the Rangers the Biggest disappointment

Water Boy
AG
If our guys can play somewhere in the middle of this year and last year we should be a playoff contender next season.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Would really be interested to know what the Rangers Stat Junkies had the odds of every returning offensive player having that large of a drop off was
South Platte
It's funny that I've already convinced myself that was just a typical Bochy post-title letdown year, and you might as well plan the parade for November 2025.
Mr Gigem
AG
Anyone here tonight?
Super Aggie 64
AG
It's Jacob deGrom time in Texas!
_lefraud_
DannyDuberstein
AG
Very encouraging start by Degrom. With Leiter, you can see there's something there, but I'm just not confident at all that he's going to consistently bring that something to the mound.
DallasAg 94
My sister and her friends are in the seats.
Proposition Joe
With the Twins win, we have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.
alvtimes
missed whole game, just here for the box…. but Leiter … woof! Damn tell me it seemed better than the box somehow
Roger Kint
AG
Disappointing season.
aggietony2010
AG
Oh well, I guess the Bochy curse is real. It's worth it though.

I stopped posting/unfollowed this thread right as we started what we hoped would be the "15 game win streak." It worked for a few games...was hoping my commitment to it would somehow kindle a miracle, and told myself I'd stick with it until it didn't matter mathematically anymore.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Leiter sporting a crisp 9.74 era.
Tksymm7
AG
He had a great year in AAA, so I'm a little surprised he hasn't been able to replicate any of it at the MLB level.
shack009
AG
Now that we are out of it officially, time to go on a winning famine for Ike Irish.

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything as cool as capture the Flagg.
94chem
Strange that the 2 best pitching staffs in baseball are on the outside looking in as I write this (ATL and SEA).
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
aggietony2010 said:

Oh well, I guess the Bochy curse is real. It's worth it though.

I stopped posting/unfollowed this thread right as we started what we hoped would be the "15 game win streak." It worked for a few games...was hoping my commitment to it would somehow kindle a miracle, and told myself I'd stick with it until it didn't matter mathematically anymore.
As long as the Astros don't win the World Series, I can stomach this year after what happened last season.
DallasAg 94
Leiter will hopefully be much improved next year.

HIs early games this season he gave up early runs, but settled in. This game he seemed to start strong, but the PC caught up to him ... aka times through the rotation.

He got a good early 1st pitch and I think that served him well.

Like Dunning... I just get the sense he gives up a walk or weak single followed by a hanging curve ball that gets driven out. Most a good outing, but a couple pitches where they lose focus and the game outcome unravels.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Anyone going to the Rangers game today? If you get an extra Adolis Garcia Cartwheel bobblehead and want to sell it or trade it for a Corey Seager Silver Slugger bobblehead, send me a PM.
Chapa96
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

Anyone going to the Rangers game today? If you get an extra Adolis Garcia Cartwheel bobblehead and want to sell it or trade it for a Corey Seager Silver Slugger bobblehead, send me a PM.

I should have an extra to trade.
South Platte
Tksymm7 said:

He had a great year in AAA, so I'm a little surprised he hasn't been able to replicate any of it at the MLB level.
Didn't watch last night, but outside of throwing BP to Rodriguez, did he really pitch that poorly? 57 strikes, 35 balls isn't that bad of a split.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Wyatt 3 run home run!
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 362

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.